Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: action command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting action command Post 79537 by infierno on Thursday 28th of July 2005 09:00:25 AM
Old 07-28-2005
here is it, partner... action is a function defined on /etc/rc.d/init.d/functions

Code:
# Run some action. Log its output.
action() {
  STRING=$1
  echo -n "$STRING "
  shift
  initlog $INITLOG_ARGS -c "$*" && success $"$STRING" || failure $"$STRING"
  rc=$?
  echo
  return $rc
}

I've found this on a RedHat 7.1, I'm pretty sure that is the same on your RH9

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP and Javascript in action

Hi all, I'm not sure in which category should I post in but I'll try in this one. Here is my problem, I'm trying to combine 2 scripts that I found useful to me. First one is this , what I'm trying to accomplish is dynamic user look up from my database. The other script is this one , this script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: c0mrade
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use pipes but miss a action

please delete and see other post. Hi, Im using awk to go through every line, but i have to use it twice as the first awk finds all the lines with a number in one field and the pipes it to wc, and the second does the same as the first but it has a extra pipe into sort and uniq that finds all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredted40x
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

same action in then as in else: explanation?

in /etc/init.d/networking of an ubuntu computer, I found this code: if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then log_action_end_msg $? else log_action_end_msg $? fi Shouldn't it be replace by ifdown -a --exclude=lo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with find its action

I am writing a shell script that takes at least 2 arguments. The first is an octal representation of file permissions, the second is a command that is executed on all the files found with that permission. #!/bin/sh find . -perm $1 -exec $2 $3 $4 {} \; invoked: ./script.sh 543 ls -la what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to monitor for new file with ext .err and size > 0 bytes and perform a action or command

Hi All, I need to create a script to monitor a dir for new files with ext .err and also it should b a non empty files. and perform a action or command . We have a new ETL application that runs on a linux server, every times a etl fails it creates a .err file or updates the existing .err... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: MAKHAN
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

multiple action!

lets explain it easy by showing the initial file and desired file: I've a file such this that contains: initial_file: 31/12/2011 23:46:08 38.6762 43.689 14.16 Ml 3.1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oreka18
1 Replies
Jifty::Request::Mapper(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			       Jifty::Request::Mapper(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Request::Mapper - Maps response values into arbitrary query parameters DESCRIPTION
"Jifty::Request::Mapper" is used to insert values into parameters that you can't know when you originally constructed the request. The prime example of this is a Create action to a View page -- where you can't know what ID to supply to the View page until after the Create action has run. This problem can be fixed by establishing a mapping between some part of the Jifty::Result of the Create action, and the ID query parameter. METHODS
query_parameters HASH Extended syntax for generating query parameters. This is used by Jifty::Web::Form::Clickable for its "parameters" argument, as well as for "results" of continuations. Possible formats for each key => value pair in the "HASH" are: "KEY => STRING" The simplest form -- the "KEY" will have the literal value of the "STRING" supplied "KEY => { result => ACTION }" The "KEY" will take on the value of the content named "KEY" from the result of the "ACTION". "ACTION" may either be a Jifty::Action object, or a moniker thereof. "KEY => { result => ACTION, name => STRING }" The "KEY" will take on the value of the content named "STRING" from the result of the "ACTION". "ACTION" may either be a Jifty::Action object, or a moniker thereof. "KEY => { request_argument => STRING }" The "KEY" will take on the value of the argument named "STRING" from the request. "KEY => { argument => ACTION }" The "KEY" will take on the value of the argument named "KEY" from the "ACTION". "ACTION" may either be a Jifty::Action object, or a moniker thereof. "KEY => { argument => ACTION. name => STRING }" The "KEY" will take on the value of the argument named "STRING" from the "ACTION". "ACTION" may either be a Jifty::Action object, or a moniker thereof. "result_of" and "argument_to" are valid synonyms for "result" and "argument", above. map PARAMHASH Responsible for doing the actual mapping that "query_parameters" above sets up. That is, takes magical query parameters and extracts the values they were meant to have. destination The "key" from a query parameter source The "value" of a query parameter request The Jifty::Request object to pull action arguments from. Defaults to the current request. response The Jifty::Response object to pull results from. Defaults to the current response. Returns a key => value pair. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Request::Mapper(3pm)