Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Batch file update
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Batch file update Post 7953 by devnul on Thursday 4th of October 2001 12:19:09 AM
Old 10-04-2001
Assuming that your data file is called "bigdata.dat", here's a really sloppy way to do it, but it is easy-to-follow:

cat bigdata.dat |\
while read FILE ; do
script.ksh $FILE
done

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

batch file

my requirment is i have to call a batch file from a c++ program that batch file is called with the argument as print.txt print.txt is a text file which should get printed on printer (any printer) when a batch file call is made 1) how to call a batch file in c++ 2) how to print the text... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramneek
1 Replies

2. Programming

batch file

what is a command to call a batch file from a c++ program when called with the argument which is a text file, then how to print that text file on a printer. please help me with code if possible (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramneek
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet in batch file

hi how can i connect to a telnet session using the unix script... need to create a batch file which has to run daily. first it has to telnet to a IP then execute certain commands and log the session. thanks Aemu (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Batch file question

EDIT: Is this wrong thread? Hi I am on an Apple Mac and I am trying to run this batch file on my Mac and was wondering if anyone could tell me what a script that will make this run and work on my Mac. I was hoping that you could tell me the script in the shell format? So here's the batch... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Billy5555100
4 Replies

5. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Creating a batch file..

Hello, this is my first post and i hope you can solve my problem. I need to create a batch file that will copy folder from hard drive on to usb stick on daily basis. Can you help me and write that file and explaine me what to do next. Folder's location is: c\windows\desktop\2009 Thank... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hule
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Batch file to remove double quotes from a file

Hi I have to create a windows batch file which will read an input file and remove "double quotes" from each line of the file. For eg.If input file name is abcd.csv and contents is : "asasd,123123,213213,asd" "esfrf,dsfsdf,234324,sdfsdf" Then the batch file should remove "" from the... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: akashtcs
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

batch file

Hi all I am using tru64 Unix and I want a ready batch file which makes me to change all user passwords at the same time ,instead of changing everyone separately. Please could anyone help me to do that. bye. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahmedbashir
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming file in batch

Hi guys, I need a script to change the file names e.g.:- below are the mentioned files, i want t0 change the last character of the name 00000.cdr with e.g bep01.smsc.191214210500-00000.cdr to bep01.smsc.191214210500-92311.cdr next file be like bep01.smsc.191214210500-92312.cdr # ls -ltr... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mfaizan40
9 Replies
ACPIDUMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       ACPIDUMP(1)

NAME
acpidump - dump a system's ACPI tables to an ASCII file acpixtract - convert ASCII acpidump output to raw binary table turbostat - gather performance statistics SYNOPSIS
acpidump [options] acpixtract [options] [filename] turbostat [options] [command [arg]...] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the acpidump , acpixtract and turbostat commands. turbostat reads hardware registers and gather statistics on the processor clock frequency and C-state usage. Works properly on Nehalem and newer processors and on Linux kernel 2.6.30 and later versions. OPTIONS
acpidump options are as follow: -a, --addr 0x1234 look for tables at this phisical address -t, --table DSDT only dump table with DSDT signature -o, --output filename redirect output from stdout to filename -b, --binary dump data in binary form rather than in hex-dump format -l, --lenght 0x456 works only with --addr, dump phisical memory region without trying to understand it's contents -s, --skip 2 skip 2 tables of the given name and output only 3rd one -h, --help outputs an help message OPTIONS
acpixtract options are as follow: -a extract all tables, not just DSDT/SSDT -l list table summaries, do not extract -s<Signature> Extract all tables named <Signature> OPTIONS
turbostat options are as follow: -v makes turbostat more verbose -i <sec> polling interval, default is 5 When given a command turbostat runs it and outputs statistics gathered while the program was running. EXAMPLES
Dump the DSDT table to the file DSDT.aml in binary format (this can be disassembled later with iasl(1)): acpidump -b -t DSDT -o DSDT.aml Show the FACP table: acpidump -t FACP > FACP.dat acpixtract -a FACP.dat iasl -d FACP.dat Dump and extract all ACPI tables: acpidump -o DSDT.dat acpixtract -a Parse APIC tables: acpidump -o DSDT.dat acpixtract -sAPIC DSDT.dat SEE ALSO
iasl(1), AUTHOR
acpidump was written by Alexey Starikovskiy and Len Brown. This manual page was written by Mattia Dongili <malattia@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). October 19, 2005 ACPIDUMP(1)