Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Connectivity lost after reboot Post 79449 by Unbeliever on Thursday 28th of July 2005 04:55:34 AM
Old 07-28-2005
Out of interest has it ever worked correctly after a reboot? Also have you recently changed the switch to which it is connected?

We've had problems before with suns and auto negaotiation with switches ... although we've never had it auto negotiate to not up at all :-) We just hard code the switches to the relevant speed now.

If you can and are allowed posting the output of ifconfig -a before and after running reborg's suggested command would tell us a lot.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip network connectivity with novell

Hi, I would like to know how i can setup my unix computer to connect to novell. Anybody any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edw1ns
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Lost Connectivity to the Internet

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and suddenly lost connectivity to the net. After unplugging the router and checking all the connections I could find nothing wrong. All the driver software seems to be intact. I thought I would remove the driver software and restore it. However, when I go to root and type ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
5 Replies

3. SCO

Network lost after reboot

Hi .. can anyone help with this pleeaasse .. I have a Sco Unixware 7.1.0 server which has been running fine for nearly 10 years ... we have not had to do any os changes for several years. We tend to reboot it about once a month just to keep everthing clean! My issue is that we have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DickTutton
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540

Hi Guys, I have situation here ... server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540 , storagetek 2540 unable to be ping.From DAS URL the storage is undetected. Any idea why this is happening. Please share. Thank you. Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralirajah
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
AICCU(1)																  AICCU(1)

NAME
AICCU - Automatic IPv6 Connectivity Configuration Utility SYNOPSIS
aiccu <start|stop|tunnels|test|autotest|license> [ config ] DESCRIPTION
AICCU makes it very easy for anybody to get IPv6 connectivity everywhere they want. It uses the TIC (Tunnel Information & Control) protocol to request the information needed to setup a tunnel through which the connectivity is created. AICCU supports the following tunneling pro- tocols: - 6in4 static (RFC 2893) - 6in4 heartbeat (RFC 2893 + draft-massar-v6ops-heartbeat) - tinc (http://www.tinc-vpn.org) - AYIYA (draft-massar-v6ops-ayiya) As AYIYA even works from behind NAT's, thus unless there is a very restrictive firewall in place, anybody should be able to get IPv6 connectivity without problems and everywhere they want. OPTIONS
start Starts aiccu service. stop Stops aiccu service. tunnels Prints a list of currently available tunnels. test Builds the connection and runs a simple selftest allowing a user to report this back as it should show most obvious problems. autotest Decription here license Shows the license aiccu is released under. config Read the configuration from config file. SEE ALSO
The AICCU page <URL:http://www.sixxs.net/tools/aiccu/> at sixxs. AUTHOR
AICCU was written by Jeroen Massar with contributions supplied a number of people as mentioned in the Changelog. 18 April 2005 AICCU(1)