Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux I am a beginner.Wanna become expert. Post 79359 by ffffffh on Wednesday 27th of July 2005 08:45:23 AM
Old 07-27-2005
101 articles about Unix

Last edited by Perderabo; 07-27-2005 at 10:30 AM.. Reason: Fix Link

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

New to it all, But i wanna script really badly!!!

Ok, im brand new to this whole thing, well nearly, but all i wanna know and do is scripting, WHAT DO I DO?!:confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheNewGuy
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

total windows cripple wanna learn unix well

hello, I finally installed a unix port (NetBSD) on my workpad z50 and now I'm trying to configure it and well right about now I know 2 commands and I can start one program Vi is the program and I can navagate with cd and ls those are the two commands wait I know 3 date I also know but I can't even... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terramir
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

wanna contribute to gnu

I want to contribute to any project that currently going on in the gnu. What is the procedure. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yogesh_powar
1 Replies

4. Programming

Anyone wanna write this?

Write a function named isPrime which accepts one integer parameter, say x. Have the function return TRUE if x is a prime. Otherwise, have it return FALSE. b) Write a program that keeps asking the user for an integer say k. As long as k is greater than 0, the program will call... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: KyleBucket
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Bits - Anyone wanna work something out?

I need bits for the emergency forum....my panic levels are starting to rise due to no responses to my threads. Please let me know if you have extra bits, and what it will take to get them. I need like 13000 more to post in there I think. Thank you, D ---------- Post updated at 01:09 PM... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tekster2
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Wanna change my username

Hi team, I want to change my username.. I tried in the edit option but i can't get it.. Can u help me.? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adhi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Wanna learn native GUI programming in UNIX - Linux ?

Hi , wanna learn native GUI programming in Unix-Linux instead of Gtk and Qt. No problem. You don't need a cross platform Gui toolkit like Gtk and Qt. And the code and syntax is also not more or less than others. Check out this code for a simple mainwindow for your application that is openend in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sennenmut
0 Replies
Linux::Distribution(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Linux::Distribution(3pm)

NAME
Linux::Distribution - Perl extension to detect on which Linux distribution we are running. SYNOPSIS
use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); if(my $distro = distribution_name) { my $version = distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } Or else do it OO: use Linux::Distribution qw(distribution_name distribution_version); my $linux = Linux::Distribution->new; if(my $distro = $linux->distribution_name()) { my $version = $linux->distribution_version(); print "you are running $distro, version $version "; } else { print "distribution unknown "; } DESCRIPTION
This is a simple module that tries to guess on what linux distribution we are running by looking for release's files in /etc. It now looks for 'lsb-release' first as that should be the most correct and adds ubuntu support. Secondly, it will look for the distro specific files. It currently recognizes slackware, debian, suse, fedora, redhat, turbolinux, yellowdog, knoppix, mandrake, conectiva, immunix, tinysofa, va-linux, trustix, adamantix, yoper, arch-linux, libranet, gentoo, ubuntu, scientific, oracle enterprise linux and redflag. It has function to get the version for debian, suse, fedora, redhat, gentoo, slackware, scientific, oracle enterprise linux, redflag and ubuntu(lsb). People running unsupported distro's are greatly encouraged to submit patches :-) EXPORT None by default. TODO
Add the capability of recognize the version of the distribution for all recognized distributions. AUTHORS
Alexandr Ciornii <alexchorny@gmail.com>, <http://chorny.net> Alberto Re, <alberto@accidia.net> Judith Lebzelter, <judith@osdl.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself, either Perl version 5.8.5 or, at your option, any later version of Perl 5 you may have available. perl v5.14.2 2012-03-18 Linux::Distribution(3pm)