Sponsored Content
Operating Systems OS X (Apple) OSX uploads to 2000 server extremly slow Post 79299 by [MA]Flying_Meat on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 04:50:03 PM
Old 07-26-2005
What type of connection are you using? smb, or afp?
Anyway, if smb, then try afp (Apple File Services will need to be enabled on the server).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add users on OSX server with SSH

Hi Is it possible to add users on a Mac OSX server from a unix system with ssh? If it is what file to alter? brg Nicke (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nicke30
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

file permisions 2000 to OSX

Could anyone tell me how or point me in the right direction on how to save files from a 2000box to a OSX server with the correct file permissions. File goes over and the only person that has r/w permissions is the owner everyone else is read only. HELP!!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mom
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sco openserver and Windows 2000 server

Hi, i have 4 Unix Sco openservers, 4PCs running windows 2000, and 1 PC with windows server which i want to configure in the same network. During the configuration procedure, the wizard of Windows 2000 SERVER ask you if this is the only server in the network, now it will be the only WINDOWS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
2 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

permissions and security with windows 2000 server

I setup a Windows 2000 Server so that a G4 could access one specific folder. The only way this contact could take place between the two operating systems is with Maclan. I have not installed it with the PCmaclan currently, I have only been reading about it. Can someone assist me with this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmoncriffe
0 Replies

5. Solaris

setting up unix and 2000 server on network

i have a question i want to setup a unix server and 2000 server with an xp client i want to run bind can i still setup a primary dns on the 2000 box or can u use secondary dns on 2000 also i want to setup an exchange server on the 2000 server for email between the windows machines? basically i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rmuhammad
2 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

file management in windows 2000 server

i am using windows 2000 server. my query is as follows: there are 2 directories say c:\emp & c:\exe. DataBase (DB) files are there in emp folder and the executables are in exe folder. Now i want to share the exe folder to the clients. If i give read permission to the exe folder and no... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raguramtgr
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Ms Sql Server 2000 On Unix

Hello As per requirements, can i Install a MSSQL SERVER on UNIX , is it possible., can i install or not.., could u plz give me reply with some installation details.......... Regards&Thanking You sreedhar G (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sreedhargunda
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix in Network 2000 Server

Hi, is it possible to see our Unix server, with logged-on users(for that specifiek unix-network domain) in my network environment, on my xp pc (i however, log on at our 2000 server)? We have a windows2000 server and both are connected in our LAN. Do i need to make a trust relationship or do i have... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: devuyst
0 Replies

9. SuSE

extremly huge shmmax value

Hello all! On this SLES 10 box I found (what I think) an abnormal huge shmmax value. hostname:~ # cat /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax 18446744073709551615 hostname:~ # Perhaps there is a malconfigured startup script on the machine somwhere? But where/how do I find/set the default value of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sap4ever
2 Replies

10. IP Networking

Postfix op OSX server

Hoi. :cool: Ik zit met een "simpel" probleem. Echter lukt het me niet de juiste oplossing te vinden. Graag jullie hulp. :b: Ik heb een OSX server origineel draaien. Mailserver is van postfix. DNS records wijzen goed. :D Mailserver bevind zich "achter" router (Wireless extreme) die weer... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Martyin
1 Replies
LIBSMBCLIENT(7) 							 7							   LIBSMBCLIENT(7)

NAME
libsmbclient - An extension library for browsers and that can be used as a generic browsing API. SYNOPSIS
Browser URL: smb://[[[domain:]user[:password@]]server[/share[/path[/file]]]] [?options] DESCRIPTION
This tool is part of the samba(7) suite. libsmbclient is a library toolset that permits applications to manipulate CIFS/SMB network resources using many of the standards POSIX functions available for manipulating local UNIX/Linux files. It permits much more than just browsing, files can be opened and read or written, permissions changed, file times modified, attributes and ACL's can be manipulated, and so on. Of course, its functionality includes all the capabilities commonly called browsing. libsmbclient can not be used directly from the command line, instead it provides an extension of the capabilities of tools such as file managers and browsers. This man page describes the configuration options for this tool so that the user may obtain greatest utility of use. OPTIONS
What the URLs mean: smb:// Shows all workgroups or domains that are visible in the network. The behavior matches that of the Microsoft Windows Explorer. The method of locating the list of workgroups (domains also) varies depending on the setting of the context variable (context->options.browse_max_lmb_count). It is the responsibility of the application that calls this library to set this to a sensible value. This is a compile-time option. This value determines the maximum number of local master browsers to query for the list of workgroups. In order to ensure that the list is complete for those present on the network, all master browsers must be querried. If there are a large number of workgroups on the network, the time spent querying will be significant. For small networks (just a few workgroups), it is suggested to set this value to 0, instructing libsmbclient to query all local master browsers. In an environment that has many workgroups a more reasonable setting may be around 3. smb://name/ This command causes libsmbclient to perform a name look-up. If the NAME<1D> or NAME<1B> exists (workgroup name), libsmbclient will list all servers in the workgroup (or domain). Otherwise, a name look-up for the NAME<20> (machine name) will be performed, and the list of shared resources on the server will be displayed. When libsmbclient is invoked by an application it searches for a directory called .smb in the $HOME directory that is specified in the users shell environment. It then searches for a file called smb.conf which, if present, will fully over-ride the system /etc/samba/smb.conf file. If instead libsmbclient finds a file called ~/.smb/smb.conf.append, it will read the system /etc/samba/smb.conf and then append the contents of the ~/.smb/smb.conf.append to it. libsmbclient will check the users shell environment for the USER parameter and will use its value when if the user parameter was not included in the URL. PROGRAMMERS GUIDE
Watch this space for future updates. VERSION
This man page is correct for version 3 of the Samba suite. AUTHOR
The original Samba software and related utilities were created by Andrew Tridgell. Samba is now developed by the Samba Team as an Open Source project similar to the way the Linux kernel is developed. The libsmbclient manpage page was written by John H Terpstra. Samba 3.5 06/18/2010 LIBSMBCLIENT(7)