Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Connectivity lost after reboot Post 79287 by RTM on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 03:01:40 PM
Old 07-26-2005
Check that /etc/hostname.ce0 is ce(zero) and not capital O which would cause the system not to find the hostname/ip to set up on ce0.

Check that both startup scripts mentioned are executable by root (and owned by root).

Setting ce interface to specific required settings:
The commands for the ce fiber card (Sun GigaSwift 1.0) are:

ndd -set /dev/ce instance 0 (settings for ce0)
ndd -set /dev/ce adv_1000hdx_cap 0 (no half-duplex)
ndd -set /dev/ce adv_pause_cap 1
ndd -set /dev/ce adv_asmpause_cap 0 (send/receive pause frames)
ndd -set /dev/ce adv_autoneg_cap 0 (turn auto-negotiation off)

These should be in a start up file - change to specific settings required by your site. Always check that the interface is truely up by looking with the ndd command parameter link_status (ifconfig can state UP but that does not mean the connection is up).

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip network connectivity with novell

Hi, I would like to know how i can setup my unix computer to connect to novell. Anybody any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edw1ns
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Lost Connectivity to the Internet

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and suddenly lost connectivity to the net. After unplugging the router and checking all the connections I could find nothing wrong. All the driver software seems to be intact. I thought I would remove the driver software and restore it. However, when I go to root and type ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
5 Replies

3. SCO

Network lost after reboot

Hi .. can anyone help with this pleeaasse .. I have a Sco Unixware 7.1.0 server which has been running fine for nearly 10 years ... we have not had to do any os changes for several years. We tend to reboot it about once a month just to keep everthing clean! My issue is that we have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DickTutton
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540

Hi Guys, I have situation here ... server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540 , storagetek 2540 unable to be ping.From DAS URL the storage is undetected. Any idea why this is happening. Please share. Thank you. Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralirajah
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
ndd(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   ndd(1M)

NAME
ndd - get and set driver configuration parameters SYNOPSIS
ndd [-set] driver parameter [value] DESCRIPTION
ndd gets and sets selected configuration parameters in some kernel drivers. Currently, ndd only supports the drivers that implement the TCP/IP Internet protocol family. Each driver chooses which parameters to make visible using ndd. Since these parameters are usually tightly coupled to the implementation, they are likely to change from release to release. Some parameters may be read-only. If the -set option is omitted, ndd queries the named driver, retrieves the value associated with the specified parameter, and prints it. If the -set option is given, ndd passes value, which must be specified, down to the named driver which assigns it to the named parameter. By convention, drivers that support ndd also support a special read-only parameter named ``?'' which can be used to list the parameters supported by the driver. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Getting Parameters Supported By The TCP Driver To see which parameters are supported by the TCP driver, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/tcp ? The parameter name ``?'' may need to be escaped with a backslash to prevent its being interpreted as a shell meta character. The following command sets the value of the parameter ip_forwarding in the dual stack IP driver to zero. This disables IPv4 packet forward- ing. example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip_forwarding 0 Similarly, in order to disable IPv6 packet forwarding, the value of parameter ip6_forwarding example% ndd -set /dev/ip ip6_forwarding 0 To view the current IPv4 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv4_ire_status To view the current IPv6 forwarding table, use the following command: example% ndd /dev/ip ipv6_ire_status ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
nca(1), ioctl(2), attributes(5), arp(7P), ip(7P), ip6(7P), tcp(7P), udp(7P) NOTES
The parameters supported by each driver may change from release to release. Like programs that read /dev/kmem, user programs or shell scripts that execute ndd should be prepared for parameter names to change. The ioctl() command that ndd uses to communicate with drivers is likely to change in a future release. User programs should avoid making dependencies on it. The meanings of many ndd parameters make sense only if you understand how the driver is implemented. SunOS 5.10 8 Nov 1999 ndd(1M)