Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connect from Windows Using SSH Post 79279 by aldowsary on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 02:12:21 PM
Old 07-26-2005
Thanks Jim for your response, but I don't understand exactly what do you mean by connecting to port 22 using telnet?
Also, what do you mean by telnet hostname.domain 22? Is it the command's syntax if I want to connect to port 22 using telnet?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH not able to connect - Need help

Hi, I am trying to connect to server using SSH command - ssh -l <username>@<server> 22 But it just hangs there.. Any suggestions to connect via SSH will be of great help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sathy153
2 Replies

2. AIX

cannot connect with ssh

Hi, I have created a new user as below: useradd -g staff -s /usr/bin/ksh test2 passwd test2 <type in new password> <type in new password> and I could not login via ssh with this username while I can do it with another username. Can anyone tell anything missing? Thanks! Victor (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect using ssh

Dear users I have a question about connecting to remote servers using terminal I can connect to one server by ssh username@domain_of_first_server.com and after logging into the above i have to connect to one more server ssh name_of_second_server bascically to be able to connect to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH connect problem

Hi, I know that I'm a little off the right forum but it seems like there is more experience and knowledge among Unix/Linux users than among Windows users in this case. I have seen many similar explanations on how to set up the public keys in Unix but nothing that I've tried of the Windows tips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

6. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

SSH slow at connect

Hi experts, We are getting slow ssh session connections at HP-UX 11.31 servers. We have set the parameters that maybe will affect , and commented at other theads at config file sshd_config : UseDNS no X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 X11UseLocalhost no GSSAPIAuthentication no. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SapBasisSystem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH HELP how to connect auto?

hi, i have some servers on my network. i need to connect to them auto from my work station sith SSH. i need to write a script thet connects to the server with USERNAME and PASSWORD automticly. and on each server to kill process. in my sciprt i want to put all list the IP of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zigizag
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)				  libssh2 manual				libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)

NAME
libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex - Tunnel a TCP connection through an SSH session SYNOPSIS
#include <libssh2.h> LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port, const char *shost, int sport); LIBSSH2_CHANNEL * libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip(LIBSSH2_SESSION *session, const char *host, int port); DESCRIPTION
session - Session instance as returned by libssh2_session_init_ex(3) host - Third party host to connect to using the SSH host as a proxy. port - Port on third party host to connect to. shost - Host to tell the SSH server the connection originated on. sport - Port to tell the SSH server the connection originated from. Tunnel a TCP/IP connection through the SSH transport via the remote host to a third party. Communication from the client to the SSH server remains encrypted, communication from the server to the 3rd party host travels in cleartext. RETURN VALUE
Pointer to a newly allocated LIBSSH2_CHANNEL instance, or NULL on errors. ERRORS
LIBSSH2_ERROR_ALLOC - An internal memory allocation call failed. SEE ALSO
libssh2_session_init_ex(3) libssh2 0.15 1 Jun 2007 libssh2_channel_direct_tcpip_ex(3)