Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Connect from Windows Using SSH Post 79275 by hirschaj on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 02:00:23 PM
Old 07-26-2005
Then I will also keep my free advice to myself. Farewell.

Jim Hirschauer

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH not able to connect - Need help

Hi, I am trying to connect to server using SSH command - ssh -l <username>@<server> 22 But it just hangs there.. Any suggestions to connect via SSH will be of great help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sathy153
2 Replies

2. AIX

cannot connect with ssh

Hi, I have created a new user as below: useradd -g staff -s /usr/bin/ksh test2 passwd test2 <type in new password> <type in new password> and I could not login via ssh with this username while I can do it with another username. Can anyone tell anything missing? Thanks! Victor (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: victorcheung
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Connect using ssh

Dear users I have a question about connecting to remote servers using terminal I can connect to one server by ssh username@domain_of_first_server.com and after logging into the above i have to connect to one more server ssh name_of_second_server bascically to be able to connect to the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kevincobain2000
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH connect problem

Hi, I know that I'm a little off the right forum but it seems like there is more experience and knowledge among Unix/Linux users than among Windows users in this case. I have seen many similar explanations on how to set up the public keys in Unix but nothing that I've tried of the Windows tips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Powerponken
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Unable to connect SSH from HP-UX

Hi, I'm trying to connect from an HP-UX with SSH2 client(ssh2 3.1.2 on hppa1.1-hp-hpux11.00) to an SSH2 server on a VxWorks system. The SSH connection is failing with the below connection logs: > /usr/local/bin/ssh2 -v -l testuser 10.10.10.10 debug: Ssh2/ssh2.c:1391: Using file... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ysafi
4 Replies

6. Linux

Help!! trying to connect to linux SSH from windows putty client

Hi, i am trying to connect my Putty session on a windows box to a linux SSH, i have generated private and public key pairs using puttygen, i have set the public one to be in an OPENSSH format... and have put this in my authorized_keys file in linux, when i connect i get the following errors: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jtyreman
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

SSH slow at connect

Hi experts, We are getting slow ssh session connections at HP-UX 11.31 servers. We have set the parameters that maybe will affect , and commented at other theads at config file sshd_config : UseDNS no X11Forwarding yes X11DisplayOffset 10 X11UseLocalhost no GSSAPIAuthentication no. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: SapBasisSystem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH HELP how to connect auto?

hi, i have some servers on my network. i need to connect to them auto from my work station sith SSH. i need to write a script thet connects to the server with USERNAME and PASSWORD automticly. and on each server to kill process. in my sciprt i want to put all list the IP of my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zigizag
1 Replies

9. Red Hat

Xming Vs ssh connect to RHEL server from Windows machine

I am able to connect a RHEL server from my Windows machine using Putty (via ssh). My question is what is the advantage of using Xming instead of Putty? Is it that Xming would enable a graphical connect from the Windows machine to RHEL server? I hope my question is clear that what is the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect (SSH) to Windows server via Linux server through a script and passing command.. but failing

I am trying to connect to Windows server via Linux server through a script and run two commands " cd and ls " But its giving me error saying " could not start the program" followed by the command name i specify e g : "cd" i am trying in this manner " ssh username@servername "cd... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunil seelam
5 Replies
Smokeping_probes_AnotherSSH(3)					     SmokePing					    Smokeping_probes_AnotherSSH(3)

NAME
Smokeping::probes::AnotherSSH - Another SSH probe SYNOPSIS
*** Probes *** +AnotherSSH forks = 5 offset = 50% step = 300 # The following variables can be overridden in each target section greeting = SSH-Latency-Measurement-Sorry-for-this-logmessage interval = established mininterval = 0.5 pings = 5 port = 22 timeout = 5 # [...] *** Targets *** probe = AnotherSSH # if this should be the default probe # [...] + mytarget # probe = AnotherSSH # if the default probe is something else host = my.host greeting = SSH-Latency-Measurement-Sorry-for-this-logmessage interval = established mininterval = 0.5 pings = 5 port = 22 timeout = 5 DESCRIPTION
Latency measurement using SSH. This generates Logfile messages on the other Host, so get permission from the owner first! VARIABLES
Supported probe-specific variables: forks Run this many concurrent processes at maximum Example value: 5 Default value: 5 offset If you run many probes concurrently you may want to prevent them from hitting your network all at the same time. Using the probe- specific offset parameter you can change the point in time when each probe will be run. Offset is specified in % of total interval, or alternatively as 'random', and the offset from the 'General' section is used if nothing is specified here. Note that this does NOT influence the rrds itself, it is just a matter of when data acqusition is initiated. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 50% step Duration of the base interval that this probe should use, if different from the one specified in the 'Database' section. Note that the step in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change the step parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 300 Supported target-specific variables: greeting Greeting string to send to the SSH Server. This will appear in the Logfile. Use this to make clear, who you are and what you are doing to avoid confusion. Also, don't use something that is a valid version string. This probe assumes that the connection gets terminated because of protocol mismatch. Default value: SSH-Latency-Measurement-Sorry-for-this-logmessage interval The interval to be measured. One of: connect Interval between connect() and the greeting string from the host. established Interval between our greeting message and the end of the connection because of Protocol mismatch. This is the default. complete From connect() to the end of the connection. Default value: established mininterval Minimum interval between the start of two connection attempts in (possibly fractional) seconds. Default value: 0.5 pings How many pings should be sent to each target, if different from the global value specified in the Database section. Note that the number of pings in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change this parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. Example value: 5 port Connect to this port. Default value: 22 timeout Timeout for the connection. Default value: 5 AUTHORS
Christoph Heine <Christoph.Heine@HaDiKo.DE> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 Smokeping_probes_AnotherSSH(3)