Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: some months ego
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting some months ego Post 79262 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 12:21:26 PM
Old 07-26-2005
Code:
#!/bin/ksh

thisMonth=$(date +%b)
monthsBack=2

echo "thisMonth->[${thisMonth}]"
echo "${monthsBack}-months back-> [$(nawk -v month="${thisMonth}" -v back="$monthsBack}" '\
  BEGIN{n=split("Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec", year);
        for(i=1; i <= n; i++)
           if ( month == year[i]) {
              print ( i > back) ? year[i-back] : year[n-(back-i)]
           }
  }
')]"

Last edited by vgersh99; 07-26-2005 at 03:38 PM..

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

DNS Help - Been trying to do this for months

Ok someone has to be able to help me here. I have the latest webmin, and i have bind i have a domain name called thedigitaldream.co.uk i have one server, just one as im poor so the one server is gunna be the dns, email, web and ftp server. Its only for a small site anyway so it will... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: matt2kjones
16 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Comparing two months

Hi all, Using shell script and awk statements, I manage to get the month and year of the Patch Bundle installed on the system. Now I have to compare month and year of Patch Bundle installed to the Patch Bundle which is desired on the workstation. I am able to do easily comparison of year but not... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankschawla
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate 13 months ago

hi, I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago. I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today. see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!) ======== file.scl ================ /STATISTICS=stderr /STABLE /NODUPLICATES... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea_mussap
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

calculate 13 months ago

hi, I have a big file that contains datas since 4 years ago. I need re-create this file but just lines that are 13 months ago from today. see what I have: ( I have a file.ksh that calls this file.scl ok !!) ======== file.scl ================ /STATISTICS=stderr /STABLE /NODUPLICATES... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrea_mussap
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete 6 months old files

Hi, Iam trying to delete 6 months old files. Iam using the following script -ctime +190 -type f -exec echo rm {} \; Iam getting an error saying -ctime not found. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sompalle Jalaja
6 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

All threads closed after 3 months

I routinely watch for threads that have been unanswered for some time. Recently a rule has been implemented to close threads older than 3 months, which is rather restrictive, because now the last few pages of the unanswered threads section cannot be replied upon, but more importantly eliminates the... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
23 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Naming number to months

Hi, I have many files of monthly means from model simulation such as 1,2,3,4.....12, corresponding to jan, feb, mar,....., dec. e.g. avg_1.nc, avg_2.nc, ............., avg_12.nc. i want to write a shell script such that it should conveet number into months and year such as..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahesh shinde
4 Replies
Prima::Calendar(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Prima::Calendar(3)

NAME
Prima::Calendar - standard calendar widget SYNOPSIS
use Prima::Calendar; my $cal = Prima::Calendar-> create( useLocale => 1, onChange => sub { print $_[0]-> date_as_string, " "; }, ); $cal-> date_from_time( localtime ); $cal-> month( 5); DESCRIPTION
Provides interactive selection of date between 1900 and 2099 years. The main property, date, is a three-integer array, day, month, and year, in the format of perl localtime ( see "localtime" in perlfunc ) - day can be in range from 1 to 31,month from 0 to 11, year from 0 to 199. API
Events Change Called when the date property is changed. Properties date DAY, MONTH, YEAR Accepts three integers in format of "localtime". DAY can be from 1 to 31, MONTH from 0 to 11, YEAR from 0 to 199. Default value: today's date. day INTEGER Selects the day in month. firstDayOfWeek INTEGER Selects the first day of week, an integer between 0 and 6, where 0 is Sunday is the first day, 1 is Monday etc. Default value: 0 month Selects the month. useLocale BOOLEAN If 1, the locale-specific names of months and days of week are used. These are read by calling "POSIX::strftime". If invocation of POSIX module fails, the property is automatically assigned to 0. If 0, the English names of months and days of week are used. Default value: 1 See also: date_as_string year Selects the year. Methods can_use_locale Returns boolean value, whether the locale information can be retrieved by calling "strftime". month2str MONTH Returns MONTH name according to useLocale value. make_months Returns array of 12 month names according to useLocale value. day_of_week DAY, MONTH, YEAR, [ USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK = 1 ] Returns integer value, from 0 to 6, of the day of week on DAY, MONTH, YEAR date. If boolean USE_FIRST_DAY_OF_WEEK is set, the value of "firstDayOfWeek" property is taken into the account, so 0 is a Sunday shifted forward by "firstDayOfWeek" days. The switch from Julian to Gregorian calendar is ignored. date_as_string [ DAY, MONTH, YEAR ] Returns string representation of date on DAY, MONTH, YEAR according to useLocale property value. date_from_time SEC, MIN, HOUR, M_DAY, MONTH, YEAR, ... Copies date from "localtime" or "gmtime" result. This helper method allows the following syntax: $calendar-> date_from_time( localtime( time)); AUTHOR
Dmitry Karasik, <dmitry@karasik.eu.org>. SEE ALSO
Prima, Prima::Widget, POSIX, "localtime" in perlfunc, "time" in perlfunc, examples/calendar.pl. perl v5.14.2 2009-02-24 Prima::Calendar(3)