Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Details on the ls command and file types Post 79261 by jacob358 on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 12:12:48 PM
Old 07-26-2005
another dumb question

sorry another stupid ls question:
how is the -c option different from the -t option?
is the timestamp not going to be the same as the last modification of the i-node?
thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command details

Hi I m new to unix can any one tell me details of 'awk','sed' commands Plz (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nithin03051985
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

flexible sed command needed to handle multiple input types

Hello, I need a smart sed command that can take any of the following two as an input and give below mentioned output. As you can see, I am trying to convert some C code INPUT: struct abc_sample1 { char myString; UINT16 myValue1; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiftinDotCom
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command History for a user with IP details

Hi We are sharing our envoirnment with our component teams. the plateform is SunOS 5.8 Generic_117350-41 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V490. All team logs in the domain with same user and perform activities. Now for the system auditing purpose can somebody guide me how can I get the details when... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhvinder_Tm
6 Replies

4. Linux

Simplified find command to find multiple file types

Hi, I'm using the following command to find the multiple requierd file types and its working fine find . -name "*.pl" -o -name "*.pm" -o -name "*.sql" -o -name "*.so" -o -name "*.sh" -o -name "*.java" -o -name "*.class" -o -name "*.jar" -o -name "*.gz" -o -name "*.Z" -type f Though... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vickramshetty
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

at -l doesnt give details of the scheduled job. How to get the details?

I have scheduled couple of shell scripts to run using 'at' command. The o/p of at -l is: $ at -l 1320904800.a Thu Nov 10 01:00:00 2011 1320894000.a Wed Nov 9 22:00:00 2011 1320876000.a Wed Nov 9 17:00:00 2011 $ uname -a SunOS dc2prcrptetl2 5.9 Generic_122300-54 sun4u sparc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: superparticle
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cp -r except certain file types

the following excludes certain directories successfully cp -r probe/!(dir) /destination I want to exclude certain file types and tried unsuccessfully cp -r probe/!(*.avi) /destination (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmf
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Netapp filer details - command?

What command can I use to find out details about a netapp filer. I have a directory that is a filer i would like to know details about the source host/folder that it points to. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjohnson
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Hide command details in top?

I am pulling data from remote SFTP server via LFTP. I really like its features. I have executed following command through screen. lftp -u xxxxx,xxxxx -e "set sftp:connect-program 'ssh -a -x -i /sftp/user/downloads/.ssh/id_dsa';mirror -vvv -c /data/ /sftp/user/downloads/2014_ic; quit"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zsycho
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print column details from fixed width file using awk command

hi, i have a fixed width file with multiple columns and need to print data using awk command. i use: awk -F "|" '($5 == BH) {print $1,$2,$3}' <non_AIM target>.txt for a delimiter file. but now i have a fixed width file like below: 7518 8269511BH 20141224951050N8262 11148 8269511BH... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcdg859
5 Replies

10. AIX

Command to find file system details on AIX

Hi , Could you please tell me how to find the following on AIX? 1.Command to find file system details? 2.What are all the files exist under a specific directory along with their sizes? In general we use, du -sh * | grep M under a directory which returns files having size of MB,... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: Maddy123
18 Replies
roardecnet(7)						System Manager's Manual: RoarAuido					     roardecnet(7)

NAME
roardecnet - Hints for DECnet users or RoarAudio SYNOPSIS
roard -n [OPTIONS...] ... roarclient --server node:: [OPTIONS...] ... DESCRIPTION
This manpage lists some hints for use of RoarAudio over DECnet. BASICS
If DECnet support is compiled in, there is the option '-n' of roard(1). If you set it the daemon will listen via DECnet. You may use the option '-b' to set the object name. Nodenames given via '-b' are ignored. Example: roard -n roard -n -b ::myobject If you use the default object local clients should find there way to the server. For remote clients or if you use a non default object it is needed to give a server address in a form listent below. SERVER ADDRESS
The server address for DECnet is in one of the following forms: node::, node::object, ::object, ::. This is the way to specify a DECnet connection to node node's object object. Both may be omitted to use defaults. Default node name is local hosts node name. Examples: mynode:: connect to mynode ::roar connect to local object roar yournode::yourroard connect to yournode's object yourroard :: connect to default object on local node SEE ALSO
roard(1), roartips(7), libroar(7). RoarAudio November 2010 roardecnet(7)