Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Question related to the net Post 7926 by bigalex222 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 02:01:13 PM
Old 10-03-2001
The only way you could know which cookies to keep and which to delete would be to figure out which ones you need to access your sites. Then, you could just delete all the cookies except for those. That's the only way I could think of.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

a math related question

hello: First I know the rules on Homework related questions, I wrote my script, but I cannot seem to figure out how to do one math problem. How do I take a zip code and seperate the idvidual digits? I used the modulus expression and divided the number by 10 ^ n but that only worked... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: jahjah
9 Replies

2. Programming

signals related question

Hi all, Just a little question relative to signals. I know that if an application is in the sleep state, When a signal is catched, it will be processed by the handler. But what happens if it's processing something? Does the processing stops?? The following code should illustrate this case ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ninjanesto
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

One Question related to alias

Hello, I have created following alias in csh lab 'rlogin -l user23 complab23' but problem is complab23 does not allow automatic login by checking .rhosts file. So after typing lab on command line I have to type complicate password and if wrong password is typed thrice then account gets... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: neerajrathi2
4 Replies

4. Solaris

RBAC related question.....

I am referring Bill Calkins(SCSA exam prep) for RBAC..actually i wanted to make a normal user to get the privilege to run a command through authorization, not through profile files... This is the exact steps given by Bill calkins.. 1.roleadd -m -d /export/home/adminusr -c... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: saagar
11 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

having df command related question

Hi All, When i have run the below command its showing 90% which is critical for production. for this i need the answer of some below question please help me for that. 1) i want to delete some unwanted files. how can i know the unwanted files ?Is it there any way of knowing this?? 2)and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aish11
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk "/^<Mar 31, 2012 : /,0" /app/blah.log can someone please help me figure out why the above command isn't pulling anything out from the log? basically, i want it to pull out all records, from the very first line that starts with the date "Mar 31, 2012" and that also has a time immediately... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl related question

hi, iam perl begginer,i have written the program #!/usr/bin/perl #use warnings; use strict; print "Enter the name:","\n"; my $name=<STDIN>; my %hash=(siva => "9902774481", dev => "9916391244", venky => "9440506760", manohar => "9440232695" ); print "$name no is:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: siva.hardwork
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to 'ps'

If I run a script called 'abc.sh' and then execute the following : ps -ef | grep 'abc.sh' I always get two rows of output, one for the executing script, and the other for the grep command that I have triggered after the pipe. Questions: Why does the second row turn up in the results. My... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jawsnnn
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk related question

awk -F ";" 'FNR==NR{a=$1;next} ($2 in a)' server.list datafile | while read line do echo ${line} done when i run the above, i get this: 1 SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... instead of: SERVICE NOTIFICATION: nagiosadmin skysmart-01.sky.net .... can... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Question related to grep

We have huge file with control A as delimiter. Somehow one record is corrupted. This time i figured it out using ETL graph. If future , how to print only bad record. Example Correct record:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanth38
2 Replies
SUX(1)								   User Commands							    SUX(1)

NAME
sux - wrapper around su which will transfer your X credentials SYNOPSIS
sux [OPTS] [-] [[username] [ARGS]] suxterm [OPTS] [-] [username] DESCRIPTION
sux is a wrapper around the standard su command which will transfer your X credentials to the target user. Note, suxterm forces ARGS to be 'xterm', and will try to launch an xterminal window. QUICK CALLING
'sux user' and 'sux - user' behave just like su but transfer $DISPLAY and the X cookies. OPTIONS
--untrusted To generate an untrusted cookie, see 'xauth'. --timout <period> To generate a temporary cookie for <period> seconds, see 'xauth'. -m,-p --preserve-environment In this case sux will override XAUTHORITY to the so that xauth does not try to use the original user's .Xauthority file (which it obviously could not do anyway due to access rights). --no-cookies Just transfer DISPLAY, not the cookies. You could do this if you have already transfered the cookies in a previous invocation of sux. --copy-cookies Copy the cookies using xauth. This is the default method (and only method most of the time). --use-xauthority Instead of transfering the cookies, set the XAUTHORITY environment variable to access the original .Xauthority file. There's a cou- ple caveats with this method. First, due to the access right issues it's only usable by root. But even then it may not work if the .Xauthority file is accessed via NFS, e.g. if the home directories are on NFS (note that this is quite dangerous already since your cookies will travel unencrypted over the network). Then, if root runs commands like xauth add/remove, the .Xauthority's ownership will belong to him. This will leave the original user in trouble as he will no longer be able to access X! So only use this option with great care. Finally, this method does not work if you also want to use '--untrusted' or '--timeout'. --display specify which display to use (in case of having more than one available). AUTHOR
Originally written by Francois Gouget <fgouget@free.fr> Manpage written by Millis Miller <millis@faztek.org> REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <millis@faztek.org>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Free Software Foundation, Inc. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICU- LAR PURPOSE. SEE ALSO
su (1), xauth (1) sux 1.0 Sept 2003 SUX(1)