Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Cd
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Cd Post 7923 by rwb1959 on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 01:26:39 PM
Old 10-03-2001
Nothing leads me to conclude that /usr/bin/cd is needed by
a shell. The only possible reason I can think of is that early
versions of shells did not default the argument to chdir(2).
Nowadays, this is not the case. My statement comes from the
unix man page cd(1) ...

DESCRIPTION
/usr/bin/cd
The cd utility will change the working directory of the
current shell execution environment. When invoked with no
operands, and the HOME environment variable is set to a
non-empty value, the directory named in the HOME environment
variable will become the new working directory.

So... as you can see, I didn't make this up. I'm not saying it's
necessary anymore just that is existed for some reason
and that reason is stated in the man page. In fact, all shells that
I know of (at least today) do default the chdir() argument
to whatever $HOME is set to.

sestatus.conf(5)					    sestatus configuration file 					  sestatus.conf(5)

NAME
sestatus.conf - The sestatus(8) configuration file. DESCRIPTION
The sestatus.conf file is used by the sestatus(8) command with the -v option to determine what file and process security contexts should be displayed. The fully qualified path name of the configuration file is: /etc/sestatus.conf The file consists of two optional sections as described in the FILE FORMAT section. Whether these exist or not, the following will always be displayed: The current process context The init process context The controlling terminal file context FILE FORMAT
The format consists of two optional sections as follows: [files] file_name [file_name] ... [process] executable_file_name [executable_file_name] ... Where: [files] The start of the file list block. file_name One or more fully qualified file names, each on a new line will that will have its context displayed. If the file does not exist, then it is ignored. If the file is a symbolic link, then sestatus -v will also display the target file context. [process] The start of the process list block. executable_file_name One or more fully qualified executable file names that should it be an active process, have its context displayed. Each entry is on a new line. EXAMPLE
# /etc/sestatus.conf [files] /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /bin/bash /bin/login /lib/libc.so.6 /lib/ld-linux.so.2 /lib/ld.so.1 [process] /sbin/mingetty /sbin/agetty /usr/sbin/sshd SEE ALSO
selinux(8), sestatus(8) Security Enhanced Linux 26-Nov-2011 sestatus.conf(5)