Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to batch & print hpgl files to xerox device Post 792 by theresa on Friday 19th of January 2001 09:51:46 AM
Old 01-19-2001
Question

have electronic files from customer with .gl extension; are hpgl files originating from Unix. Need utility to open, batch and print in directory order on xerox docutech. Any ideas? Help greatly appreciated.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Deleting a batch of print jobs

Hi Guys I have over 2000+ print jobs in one queue which I would like to delete. Is there away in AIX 4.3 that I can delete the whole print jobs at ocne. Instead of one at a time. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orvelb
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Swap Device & Unix Disk Buffer

Does anyone know if when the Swap Device / Page file in unix is carrying out Page / Swap In's and Page / Swap outs, does it go through the Unix Disk Cache ( I am presuming raw partitions are not being used ) ? Therefore if there is paging activity on a system ( measured by sar -p, sar -g and... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimthompson
0 Replies

3. AIX

LVM & Raw device i/o comparison

Please consider this a question about basics&best practices. On AIX 5.3 system, three raw physical volumes are defined from storage. While doing a read with command dd from the raw device, the speed rate is 250Mb/s. Then, it gets complex when I define these three pv's to an lv of type raw. Doing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalliege
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing a batch of files within a shell script with option to refire the individual files in batch

Hello everyone. I am new to shell scripting and i am required to create a shell script, the purpose of which i will explain below. I am on a solaris server btw. Before delving into the requirements, i will give youse an overview of what is currently in place and its purpose. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goddevil
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Xmllint pretty print, batch files

I have about 20 xml files I want to use xmllint to pretty print: xmllint --format file01.xml > pretty_file01.xml xmllint --format file02.xml > pretty_file02.xml etc Is there a way I can just use "xmllint --format" on all the current xml files so I don't have to run this command 20 times?? :( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: pxalpine
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to exclude .NFSxxx files in clear old files batch script

I am new to Shell Scripting and need some help. The following batch job has been failing for me due to the .nfsxxx files in use. I need to know how to modify the following script to exclude the .nfsxxx files so this batch job will not fail on me. I have done lots of googling and keep coming back... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kimberlyg2007
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Emc powerpath device & zfs query

Hi, We're trying out a SAN migration from HP EVA to EMC VMAX, and run into a bit of an issue with powerpath and zfs. The method we're currently using to migrate is to export the HP EVA luns from our sun server, replicate using SAN based method, and then present the new luns to our Sun server... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to create a print filter that print text & image?

Currently, I have a print filter that takes a text file, that convert it into PCL which then gets to a HP printer. This works. Now I need to embedded a image file within the text file. I'm able to convert the image file into PCL and I can cat both files together to into a single document... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chedlee88-1
1 Replies
MARC::Batch(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  MARC::Batch(3pm)

NAME
MARC::Batch - Perl module for handling files of MARC::Record objects SYNOPSIS
MARC::Batch hides all the file handling of files of "MARC::Record"s. "MARC::Record" still does the file I/O, but "MARC::Batch" handles the multiple-file aspects. use MARC::Batch; # If you have werid control fields... use MARC::Field; MARC::Field->allow_controlfield_tags('FMT', 'LDX'); my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', @files ); while ( my $marc = $batch->next ) { print $marc->subfield(245,"a"), " "; } EXPORT
None. Everything is a class method. METHODS
new( $type, @files ) Create a "MARC::Batch" object that will process @files. $type must be either "USMARC" or "MicroLIF". If you want to specify "MARC::File::USMARC" or "MARC::File::MicroLIF", that's OK, too. "new()" returns a new MARC::Batch object. @files can be a list of filenames: my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', 'file1.marc', 'file2.marc' ); Your @files may also contain filehandles. So if you've got a large file that's gzipped you can open a pipe to gzip and pass it in: my $fh = IO::File->new( 'gunzip -c marc.dat.gz |' ); my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', $fh ); And you can mix and match if you really want to: my $batch = MARC::Batch->new( 'USMARC', $fh, 'file1.marc' ); next() Read the next record from that batch, and return it as a MARC::Record object. If the current file is at EOF, close it and open the next one. "next()" will return "undef" when there is no more data to be read from any batch files. By default, "next()" also will return "undef" if an error is encountered while reading from the batch. If not checked for this can cause your iteration to terminate prematurely. To alter this behavior, see "strict_off()". You can retrieve warning messages using the "warnings()" method. Optionally you can pass in a filter function as a subroutine reference if you are only interested in particular fields from the record. This can boost performance. strict_off() If you would like "MARC::Batch" to continue after it has encountered what it believes to be bad MARC data then use this method to turn strict OFF. A call to "strict_off()" always returns true(1). "strict_off()" can be handy when you don't care about the quality of your MARC data, and just want to plow through it. For safety, "MARC::Batch" strict is ON by default. strict_on() The opposite of "strict_off()", and the default state. You shouldn't have to use this method unless you've previously used "strict_off()", and want it back on again. When strict is ON calls to next() will return undef when an error is encountered while reading MARC data. strict_on() always returns true(1). warnings() Returns a list of warnings that have accumulated while processing a particular batch file. As a side effect the warning buffer will be cleared. my @warnings = $batch->warnings(); This method is also used internally to set warnings, so you probably don't want to be passing in anything as this will set warnings on your batch object. "warnings()" will return the empty list when there are no warnings. warnings_off() Turns off the default behavior of printing warnings to STDERR. However, even with warnings off the messages can still be retrieved using the warnings() method if you wish to check for them. "warnings_off()" always returns true(1). warnings_on() Turns on warnings so that diagnostic information is printed to STDERR. This is on by default so you shouldn't have to use it unless you've previously turned off warnings using warnings_off(). warnings_on() always returns true(1). filename() Returns the currently open filename or "undef" if there is not currently a file open on this batch object. RELATED MODULES
MARC::Record, MARC::Lint TODO
None yet. Send me your ideas and needs. LICENSE
This code may be distributed under the same terms as Perl itself. Please note that these modules are not products of or supported by the employers of the various contributors to the code. AUTHOR
Andy Lester, "<andy@petdance.com>" perl v5.10.1 2010-03-29 MARC::Batch(3pm)