Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Network Connectivity lost after reboot Post 79194 by Unbeliever on Tuesday 26th of July 2005 06:00:16 AM
Old 07-26-2005
Check that there is a host entry in /etc/hosts for whatever you have in /etc/hostname.ce0

Also if you have a subnetmask that isnt one of the old standard class A,B or C networks it needs to be in /etc/netmasks

Also ... *just in case* check you tcp/ip startup files are present

/etc/rc2.d/S69inet
/etc/rc2.d/S72inetsvc

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

ip network connectivity with novell

Hi, I would like to know how i can setup my unix computer to connect to novell. Anybody any idea? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: edw1ns
5 Replies

2. IP Networking

Lost Connectivity to the Internet

I'm running FreeBSD 6.2 and suddenly lost connectivity to the net. After unplugging the router and checking all the connections I could find nothing wrong. All the driver software seems to be intact. I thought I would remove the driver software and restore it. However, when I go to root and type ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aaron Van
5 Replies

3. SCO

Network lost after reboot

Hi .. can anyone help with this pleeaasse .. I have a Sco Unixware 7.1.0 server which has been running fine for nearly 10 years ... we have not had to do any os changes for several years. We tend to reboot it about once a month just to keep everthing clean! My issue is that we have just... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DickTutton
7 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

network connectivity issue between vista and fedora

Hi guys, I had two computer which is one with vista and other one with fedora and they are connected via one router. from vista to fedora is fine.. I can ping or connect via putty using Ip address but I couldn't connect putty using hostname/domain. If I typed in fedora the hostname,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: peac3
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Will authconfig make permanent change or lost after reboot?

Hi, I made following configuration to create user directory: # authconfig --enablemkhomedir --update But the directory is created as permission 755, I'd like to modify the script to change directory access permission to 700, where is the script which copies /etc/skel to /home... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
0 Replies

6. Solaris

Server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540

Hi Guys, I have situation here ... server M4000 server lost connectivity to storagetek 2540 , storagetek 2540 unable to be ping.From DAS URL the storage is undetected. Any idea why this is happening. Please share. Thank you. Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: muralirajah
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Network Connectivity Issues

Newbie with UNIX here. Currently troubleshooting a UNIX terminal we have. I determined it to be bad and swapped it out with a known good terminal. I went in and changed the IP address and host name to reflect the old terminal. Although now there is no connectivity. I swapped out the NIC... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevinlord190
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Configure network connectivity as guest O.S under vmware

Hi! I am not sure if this is the right place to post this question. What I did was to download vmware onto my laptop, them install a linux distro as a guest O.S., on VM network configuration I have used "bridge", them I used Virtual Network Editor to chose the network interface, but as I write... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fretagi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Network connectivity Pre checks

Hello All, We are running multiple codes in prod all having different sources of databases in other servers. Many times due to network issue connectivity and DB issue the jobs got failed and to recover them become very brainstorming . I planning to create one script that can pre check if all the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: looney
0 Replies
reboot(3C)																reboot(3C)

NAME
reboot - reboot system or halt processor SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/reboot.h> int reboot(int howto, char *bootargs); The reboot() function reboots the system. The howto argument specifies the behavior of the system while rebooting and is a mask con- structed by a bitwise-inclusive-OR of flags from the following list: RB_AUTOBOOT The machine is rebooted from the root filesystem on the default boot device. This is the default behavior. See boot(1M) and kernel(1M). RB_HALT The processor is simply halted; no reboot takes place. This option should be used with caution. RB_ASKNAME Interpreted by the bootstrap program and kernel, causing the user to be asked for pathnames during the bootstrap. RB_DUMP The system is forced to panic immediately without any further processing and a crash dump is written to the dump device (see dumpadm(1M)) before rebooting. Any other howto argument causes the kernel file to boot. The interpretation of the bootargs argument is platform-dependent. Upon successful completion, reboot() never returns. Otherwise, -1 is returned and errno is set to indicate the error. The reboot() function will fail if: EPERM The {PRIV_SYS_CONFIG} privilege is not asserted in the effective set of the calling process. intro(1M), boot(1M), dumpadm(1M), halt(1M), init(1M), kernel(1M), reboot(1M), uadmin(2) 22 Mar 2004 reboot(3C)