Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: system("PAUSE") Problem.....
Top Forums Programming system("PAUSE") Problem..... Post 7913 by mbolthouse on Wednesday 3rd of October 2001 11:54:16 AM
Old 10-03-2001
system("PAUSE") Problem.....

Ok, here's the situation....I have this code...

#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
cout << "\nBlah, and Blah\n\n";

system("PAUSE");

return 0;
}

Now, "system("PAUSE")" gets executed before "cout" does, and I have absolutely no idea why, so when I type this in instead...

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main()
{
printf ("\nBlah, and Blah\n\n");

system("PAUSE");

return 0;

}

...it works just fine....it's like printf has precidence over cout, which I need to fix. So, does anyone know another way for a PAUSE using cout, and does anyone have anymore information on why this situation occurs? Thanks!

Mike

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or question of my own) is: Oracle tns listener, "CT_LISTENER", and the enterprise manager (EM) of the instance, which is uniq instance and called... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: talipk
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

A question/problem about oracle "tns listener" and "enterprise manager"

hi, I have a problem about the Oracle related components. I'm not able to find any answer yet, and waiting for your responses... Here is the configuration of my system: * an IBM P550 machine, * an AIX 5.3 running on it and * an oracle database, already installed on it. The problem (or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: talipk
1 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with socket binding - "system" call

Hi, I am having an issue with using sockets. I have a program which binds to a socket and listen on it. Later I spawn a thread to handle some function. In the new thread created I need to call a shell script which executes the specified function. Here I am using a system command to call the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janardhanbr
5 Replies

4. Programming

Problem with system("command")

Sorry, I don't speak English very well but I will try to explain my problem! If I write a C++ program and I use che system call system("command") I have this problem: If I would launch a program I do this: system("~/Agostino/program/test") and all work fine!! But if I divide this... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: acciues
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem using "system" command in perl

Hello!!! I'm trying to pass the output from bash command to perl variable in a perl script, and I used the "system" command to execute the bash statment and pass the result to perl string variable, in this perl script I used a variable $file that store data for using it as a regular expression.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evolabo
2 Replies

7. AIX

[Tip] Problem with rpm ("different operating system")

I have once experienced this problem without understanding what caused it but now learned thatn there is even a PMR dealing with it. Sometimes it happens that you encounter the following (rather cryptical) error message when trying to install an rpm-package: package <rpm_package_name> is for a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bakunin
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk "date" and "system" command

Hello experts! I need your help please I have a file.txt of which I want to extract 3rd and 4th columns with date with the form e.g.: 2016-11-25 03:14:50and pass them to "date" command, but also append the 9th column in a file as well. So I want to execute date -d '2016-11-25 03:14:50' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

What does "force devmap reload" as in "multipath -r" means for my system and stability of my system?

Cannot present unpresented disks back again. On a test server tried this as a solution "multipath -r" and it worked. Too worried to try it in production before I know all the information. Any info would be appreciated! Also some links to the documentation on this specific issue could help a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsteppe
1 Replies
FBB::Hostname(3bobcat)						     Host Info						    FBB::Hostname(3bobcat)

NAME
FBB::Hostname - Contains name/address info about a host SYNOPSIS
#include <bobcat/hostname> Linking option: -lbobcat DESCRIPTION
FBB::Hostname objects inherit from Hostent, and offers information about a host, like Hostent. Apart from being initialized by a hostname or host address, they can also be initialized by a FBB::InetAddress object. Most of the functionality of an FBB::Hostname object is avail- able through its parent-class FBB::Hostent. NAMESPACE
FBB All constructors, members, operators and manipulators, mentioned in this man-page, are defined in the namespace FBB. INHERITS FROM
FBB::Hostent CONSTRUCTORS
o Hostname(): The default constructor initializes an empty FBB::Hostname object. o Hostname((std::string const &host)): This constructor initializes an FBB::Hostname object from a string representing the name or dotted decimal address of a host. An FBB::Errno object is thrown if the hostname information could not be retrieved. o Hostname(InetAddress const &inetAddress): This constructor initializes an FBB::Hostname object from an InetAddress object. An FBB::Errno object is thrown if the hostname information could not be retrieved. The copy constructor is available. MEMBER FUNCTIONS
All members of FBB::Hostent are available, as FBB::Hostname inherits from this class. There are no additional members. EXAMPLE
#include <iostream> #include <bobcat/hostname> #include <bobcat/errno> using namespace std; using namespace FBB; int main(int argc, char **argv) { while (true) { cout << "Enter name or address: "; string str; if (!getline(cin, str)) return 0; if (str == "") break; try { Hostname h(str); cout << "Official name: "; cout << h.hostname() << endl; cout << "Aliases: "; for (size_t idx = 0; idx < h.nAliases(); idx++) cout << h.alias(idx) << " "; cout << endl; cout << "Adresses: "; for (size_t idx = 0; idx < h.nAddresses(); idx++) cout << h.dottedDecimalAddress(idx) << " "; cout << endl; } catch (Errno const &err) { cout << err.why() << endl; } } return 0; } FILES
bobcat/hostname - defines the class interface SEE ALSO
bobcat(7), hostent(3bobcat) BUGS
None Reported. DISTRIBUTION FILES
o bobcat_3.01.00-x.dsc: detached signature; o bobcat_3.01.00-x.tar.gz: source archive; o bobcat_3.01.00-x_i386.changes: change log; o libbobcat1_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries; o libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x_*.deb: debian package holding the libraries, headers and manual pages; o http://sourceforge.net/projects/bobcat: public archive location; BOBCAT
Bobcat is an acronym of `Brokken's Own Base Classes And Templates'. COPYRIGHT
This is free software, distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). AUTHOR
Frank B. Brokken (f.b.brokken@rug.nl). libbobcat1-dev_3.01.00-x.tar.gz 2005-2012 FBB::Hostname(3bobcat)