Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cpature data from glance and exit Post 79052 by vino on Monday 25th of July 2005 05:33:32 AM
Old 07-25-2005
I dont know how the glance command works.

But why dont you try using the glance command within a here document ?

My 2 cents,
vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to quit from glance

hi, if i am in glance, how do i exit? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

glance RSS/VSS data column

hi guys... i got a problem... i have written a trivial test program which allocates some memory, it waits for a while (enters a loop), and then releases that memory. the problem is that although glance depitcs the memory allocation procedure properly - by updating both RSS and VSS data segments... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Glance

Hi ALL - I need look to output data return from glance command but a don't have any access to HP-UX server. Maybe any HP-UX Admin send this data to my email (Removed.) Thanks for help Pawel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawel_ul
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX 11.23 ia64 and Glance

I've been searching and cannot seem to find anywhere online a link to a manual for Glance. Does anyone have a link to this? I searched in here already and the links I found on a post from 2002 were dead. And more to the point, do you know if you can use Glance to see Disk I/O per logical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX glance

Hi, plz explain about glance, where do i get information on this tool. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Export Glance "Global System Calls" data to a file

Hello... I'm trying to setup a cronjob to record system data using glance at certain times of the day. My question is, how would one export the "Global System Calls" information to a file? Below is the command I have been using and it works to export CPU information. glance -f ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fumus
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Glance and trace over the time

Do you know if Glance is capable to trace a process (or processes) per memory use over the time? I want to have snapshots for example morning and midnigth then compare the info after one weak in order to determine if I have a memory leak in some process I am observing. Is it possible with glace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roche
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with glance and nohup

I am new to shell scripting. Can someone explain me what this piece of code do.. /usr/bin/nohup /opt/perf/bin/glance -aos filename2.syntax -iterations 1 > filename.log (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_105
1 Replies
vino-passwd(1)							   User Commands						    vino-passwd(1)

NAME
vino-passwd - change vino login password SYNOPSIS
vino-passwd [--help] [--version] DESCRIPTION
vino-passwd is a command line tool to change the vino login password. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options for the command vino-passwd is included below. -?, --help display this help and exit -v, --version output version information and exit ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-server(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5), gnome-std-options(5) NOTES
Written by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-passwd(1)