Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting cpature data from glance and exit Post 79052 by vino on Monday 25th of July 2005 05:33:32 AM
Old 07-25-2005
I dont know how the glance command works.

But why dont you try using the glance command within a here document ?

My 2 cents,
vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to quit from glance

hi, if i am in glance, how do i exit? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Where can I find a list of exit codes? (Exit code 64)

I'm receiving an exit code 64 in our batch scheduler (BMC product control-m) executing a PERL script on UX-HP. Can you tell me where I can find a list of exit codes and their meaning. I'm assuming the exit code is from the Unix operating system not PERL. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jkuchar747
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

glance RSS/VSS data column

hi guys... i got a problem... i have written a trivial test program which allocates some memory, it waits for a while (enters a loop), and then releases that memory. the problem is that although glance depitcs the memory allocation procedure properly - by updating both RSS and VSS data segments... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Glance

Hi ALL - I need look to output data return from glance command but a don't have any access to HP-UX server. Maybe any HP-UX Admin send this data to my email (Removed.) Thanks for help Pawel (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawel_ul
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX 11.23 ia64 and Glance

I've been searching and cannot seem to find anywhere online a link to a manual for Glance. Does anyone have a link to this? I searched in here already and the links I found on a post from 2002 were dead. And more to the point, do you know if you can use Glance to see Disk I/O per logical... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LisaS
2 Replies

6. HP-UX

HP-UX glance

Hi, plz explain about glance, where do i get information on this tool. thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat_t
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Exit script if the user dosent enter any data within 5 seconds

Hello friends, Kindly help me in developing a script that asks user to enter a value and will wait for 5 seconds for the feedback. If there is no answer from the user the script will perform exit or it will continue doing something else Ex: If yu have a multi OS system i believe while... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frozensmilz
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Export Glance "Global System Calls" data to a file

Hello... I'm trying to setup a cronjob to record system data using glance at certain times of the day. My question is, how would one export the "Global System Calls" information to a file? Below is the command I have been using and it works to export CPU information. glance -f ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fumus
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

Glance and trace over the time

Do you know if Glance is capable to trace a process (or processes) per memory use over the time? I want to have snapshots for example morning and midnigth then compare the info after one weak in order to determine if I have a memory leak in some process I am observing. Is it possible with glace... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roche
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with glance and nohup

I am new to shell scripting. Can someone explain me what this piece of code do.. /usr/bin/nohup /opt/perf/bin/glance -aos filename2.syntax -iterations 1 > filename.log (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vijay_105
1 Replies
SVN-DO(1)							 Command reference							 SVN-DO(1)

NAME
svn-do - export a source and run a command inside the source. SYNOPSIS
svn-do COMMAND DESCRIPTION
svn-do will use svn-buildpackage to export a source, run a command inside the exported source and, if the command succeeds, copy back the debian/ tree EXAMPLES
clean the tree (useful if this requires the full source tree) $ svn-do debclean I: Exporting source tree via svn-buildpackage... [...] I: Running command: debclean [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... 'debian/control' -> 'path/package/debian/control' use quilt to refresh a patch $ QUILT_PATCHES=debian/patches svn-do sh -c "quilt push 002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch; quilt refresh" [...] I: Copying back the debian/ tree... [...] 'debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' -> '/path/package/debian/patches/002_static-linking-dont-build-perf.patch' Start a source editing session and decide later not to copy back the debian/ tree $ svn-do $SHELL [...] I: Running command: /bin/zsh % exit 1 E: command exited with 1; not copying back the debian/ tree. edit a patch in a CDBS' simple-patchsys based package $ svn-do cdbs-edit-patch 02_pmount.patch [...] SEE ALSO
/usr/share/doc/svn-buildpackage/() The svn-buildpackage HOWTO manual svn-inject(1) puts a Debian source package into Subversion repository svn-upgrade(1) upgrade source package from a new upstream revision svn(1) Subversion command line client tool dpkg-buildpackage(1) Debian source package tools lintian(1) Debian package checker AUTHORS
Eduard Bloch This manual page was written by Eduard Bloch in roff. Goneri Le Bouder Converted manpages to SGML. Neil Williams Converted manpages to DocBook XML and current Debian maintainer COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Eduard Bloch Release: 0.8.2 May 2009 SVN-DO(1)