Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Increase in space in mount point. Post 79025 by vipin77 on Monday 25th of July 2005 02:24:59 AM
Old 07-25-2005
Increase in space in mount point.

I am working in AIX 4.3.3 , here when we are doing one activity we ran out of space in one mount point, we need to increase the space in that mout point by reducing it in another mount point, can anybody help me out in carrying this activity.

Vipin

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Increase the mount point of solaris2.6

Hi I have a UNIX system with Sun solaris 2.6 OS. It has a filesystem which is mounted on /osmf/mgmt/condir df -k 2077491 1537111 506637 76% /osmf/mgmt/condir I want to increase the size of this mount point.Is it required to reboot the machine for incresing the mount point space. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridharnr
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Increase mount point size after linux installation !

Dear Friends , I have to install Redhat Ent Linux 5.0 (RHEL 5) in my machine . My HDD space is total 40 GB . During installation , I give three partitions , '/' = 30GB, 'swap'=2GB, 'home' =1GB. Now my HDD remaining space is 7 GB . After installation , I need to increase the home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Increasing disk space of a mount point.

Hi I have a mount point that is in production environment, and is currently filled up. more space has been presented from same original source (EVA). Problem; 1. Can't see presented space 2. After I discover the presented space, how do I go about adding this new space to existing mount point.... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Targ
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for Server Mount Point space check

Does anybody have anything I can use to help me out with this one? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lbone007
4 Replies

5. Solaris

How to know used disk space at a mount point?

how to check how much space is occupied when u softmount or hard mount a file? ---------- Post updated at 03:24 AM ---------- Previous update was at 03:24 AM ---------- can anyone send me the answer (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: revathireddy
2 Replies

6. Solaris

archive logs mount point space check script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dreams5617
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. -------------------------------------------------------------------------... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Checking the space for /archlog mount point script

I have the below shell script which is checking /archlog mount point space on cappire(solaris 10) server. When the space usage is above 80% it should e-mail. When i tested this script it is working as expected. #!/usr/bin/ksh export MAIL_LIST="tlr.voora@zamn.com" export ARCH_STATUS=`df -k... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mount Point Increase script

Hello all. My aim is to monitor the size of my mount points. The algo that I want to follow is like this: 1) Use df -h to print all mount points. 2)Extract only Capacity and Mounted On columns and save them in Array1. 3)After 10 minutes , do the above same and save in Array 2 the 2 very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point? IN AIX

How to create a new mount point with 600GB and add 350 GBexisting mount point Best if there step that i can follow or execute before i mount or add diskspace IN AIX Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thilagarajan
2 Replies
FS_LSMOUNT(1)						       AFS Command Reference						     FS_LSMOUNT(1)

NAME
fs_lsmount - Reports the volume for which a directory is the mount point. SYNOPSIS
fs lsmount -dir <directory>+ [-help] fs ls -d <directory>+ [-h] DESCRIPTION
The fs lsmount command reports the volume for which each specified directory is a mount point, or indicates with an error message that a directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS. To create a mount point, use the fs mkmount command. To remove one, use the fs rmmount command. OPTIONS
-dir <directory>+ Names the directory that serves as a mount point for a volume. The last element in the pathname provided must be an actual name, not a shorthand notation such as one or two periods ("." or ".."). -help Prints the online help for this command. All other valid options are ignored. OUTPUT
If the specified directory is a mount point, the output is of the following form: '<directory>' is a mount point for volume '<volume name>' where o A number sign ("#") precedes the <volume name> string for a regular mount point. o A percent sign ("%") precedes the <volume name> string for a read/write mount point. o A cell name and colon (":") follow the number or percent sign and precede the <volume name> string for a cellular mount point. The fs mkmount reference page explains how the Cache Manager interprets each of the three types of mount points. If the directory is a symbolic link to a mount point, the output is of the form: '<directory>' is a symbolic link, leading to a mount point for volume '<volume name>' If the directory is not a mount point or is not in AFS, the output reads: '<directory>' is not a mount point. If the output is garbled, it is possible that the mount point has become corrupted in the local AFS client cache. Use the fs flushmount command to discard it, which forces the Cache Manager to refetch the mount point. EXAMPLES
The following example shows the mount point for the home directory of user "smith": % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com/usr/smith '/afs/abc.com/usr/smith' is a mount point for volume '#user.smith' The following example shows both the regular and read/write mount points for the ABC Corporation cell's "root.cell" volume. % fs lsmount /afs/abc.com '/afs/abc.com' is a mount point for volume '#root.cell' % fs lsmount /afs/.abc.com '/afs/.abc.com' is a mount point for volume '%root.cell' The following example shows a cellular mount point: the State University cell's "root.cell" volume as mounted in the ABC Corporation cell's tree. % fs lsmount /afs/stateu.edu '/afs/stateu.edu' is a mount point for volume '#stateu.edu:root.cell' PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
The issuer must have the "l" (lookup) permission on the ACL of the root directory of the volume that houses the file or directory named by the -dir argument, and on the ACL of each directory that precedes it in the pathname. SEE ALSO
fs_flushmount(1), fs_mkmount(1), fs_rmmount(1) COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 FS_LSMOUNT(1)