Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: char array
Top Forums Programming char array Post 78985 by fdarkangel on Saturday 23rd of July 2005 11:52:14 PM
Old 07-24-2005
your declaration seems problematic. your string isn't even 16 chars long. try declaring it as char keyword[] = ... or char *keykword = ...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

char array problem

hello i have a program in C (Unix - SOlaris5.7), and i have the next question: i have a lot of char variable, and i want store their values in a char array. The problem is what i donīt know how to put the char variable's value into the array, and i don`t know how to define the array please... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DebianJ
4 Replies

2. Programming

size of char array in c

i have to store a data more than 100000. i don't know the size of the data whether it may be 100000 or 1000000. so how can i define variable size; example char abc; but i don't know the size so how can i give array size?? in one sentence how can i give the array size dynamically so that i... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phani_sree
6 Replies

3. Programming

CHAR Array - stuffed with values - with more size than it holds

Hi All I am simulating a problem in the production where i faced a situation. Please find the following example program which i simulated. #include<stdio.h> #include<stdlib.h> #include<string.h> int main() { char str1; (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhanamurthy
3 Replies

4. Programming

Passing by value a char array

Hi I am passing or want to pass value of a char array, so that even thoug the called routine is changing the values the calling function should not see the values changed, meaning only copy should be passed Here is the program #include<iostream.h> #include<string.h> void f(char a); int... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkraj
5 Replies

5. Programming

Array of char

I'm doing some coding in C++ Want to have a long empty string like below const char ModMisfit :: DelStr = "\r \r"; However due to the long blank the line is very long. Is there any way to avoid this and keep the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
5 Replies

6. Programming

help with char pointer array in C

i have an array like #define NUM 8 .... new_socket_fd = accept(socket_fd, (struct sockaddr *) &cli_addr, &client_length); char *items = {"one", "two", "three", "four", "five", "six", "seven", "eight"}; char *item_name_length = {"3", "3", "5", "4", "4", "3", "5", "5"}; ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: omega666
1 Replies

7. Programming

char array

cat int.c int main() { unsigned char wwn; wwn=50; wwn=00; wwn=53; wwn=30; wwn=08; wwn=09; wwn=82; wwn=17; printf("WWN: %02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x:%02x\n ", wwn, wwn, wwn, wwn, wwn,... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: powyama
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do I test the first char of each line in an array

Hi folks, I am self-learning as I can I have a script that has read a file into an array. I can read out each line in the array with the code: for INDEX in {0..$LENGTH} ## $LENGTH was determined at the read in do echo "${data}" done What I need to do is test the first char... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc G
2 Replies

9. Programming

Returning char array

I want to return a char array to the main() function, but its returning garbage value. #include<stdio.h> //#include<conio.h> #include<string.h> char* strtrmm(); int main() { char str1,c1; printf("\n Enter the string:"); gets(str1); //strtrmm(str1); printf("%s",strtrmm(str1));... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zinat
2 Replies
Tcl_UpVar(3)						      Tcl Library Procedures						      Tcl_UpVar(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_UpVar, Tcl_UpVar2 - link one variable to another SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_UpVar(interp, frameName, sourceName, destName, flags) int Tcl_UpVar2(interp, frameName, name1, name2, destName, flags) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter containing variables; also used for error reporting. const char *frameName (in) Identifies the stack frame containing source variable. May have any of the forms accepted by the upvar command, such as #0 or 1. const char *sourceName (in) Name of source variable, in the frame given by frameName. May refer to a scalar variable or to an array variable with a parenthesized index. const char *destName (in) Name of destination variable, which is to be linked to source variable so that references to destName refer to the other variable. Must not currently exist except as an upvar-ed variable. int flags (in) One of TCL_GLOBAL_ONLY, TCL_NAMESPACE_ONLY or 0; if non-zero, then destName is a global or namespace variable; otherwise it is local to the current procedure (or current namespace if no procedure is active). const char *name1 (in) First part of source variable's name (scalar name, or name of array without array index). const char *name2 (in) If source variable is an element of an array, gives the index of the element. For scalar source vari- ables, is NULL. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
Tcl_UpVar and Tcl_UpVar2 provide the same functionality as the upvar command: they make a link from a source variable to a destination variable, so that references to the destination are passed transparently through to the source. The name of the source variable may be specified either as a single string such as xyx or a(24) (by calling Tcl_UpVar) or in two parts where the array name has been separated from the element name (by calling Tcl_UpVar2). The destination variable name is specified in a single string; it may not be an array ele- ment. Both procedures return either TCL_OK or TCL_ERROR, and they leave an error message in the interpreter's result if an error occurs. As with the upvar command, the source variable need not exist; if it does exist, unsetting it later does not destroy the link. The desti- nation variable may exist at the time of the call, but if so it must exist as a linked variable. KEYWORDS
linked variable, upvar, variable Tcl 7.4 Tcl_UpVar(3)