Sponsored Content
Operating Systems SCO System hangs on data compression Post 78875 by tayyabq8 on Saturday 23rd of July 2005 12:55:55 AM
Old 07-23-2005
Dear Moderator,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes, exactly its due to disk space, because last day I deleted few extra files both from source and destination directory, backup ran perfectly. I can't modify backup script because its provided by our software provider. I think if I would delete most of files from destination directory it should solve the matter, destination files would be re-created during next backup. For your ref. following is the backup script provided to us:

start End-of-day
compress $BASE TO /home/compdir
write /home/compdir to DATTAPE
end

I just want your comments if I would delete files from /home/compdir is there any problem.? or any other way to handle disk space?

Regards,
Tayyab

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Pulling a drive on RAID1 hangs system

I'm setting up a server with software RAID1, and everything is working perfectly, except that when I pull either of the drives, the system completely hangs and has to be rebooted. The computer is a Tyan Transport GX28, which is alleged to have hot-swappable SATA. I can fail a drive and the system... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vertigo23
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

system hangs in case of driver

hi, i am working on device drivers in linux kernel-2.6.11. Distribution is Mandrake-10.2. Basically i have to port the driver from kernel-2.4 to kernel-2.6.11. My system hangs,when ever an application calls select. Basically the kernel code for select, contains only 2 apis void poll_wait... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.ec
0 Replies

3. Solaris

solaris 8 hangs and data access error on reboot

Hi using solaris 5.8 on UltraSPARC-IIi 360MHz. I know it is an old hardware but similiar hardware is running fine. here is the issue, System booted : works okay for some time then display was hung so system was rebooted ..it gave data access error. again rebooted and it came up... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
6 Replies

4. Solaris

System hangs

Hi, today when i started the OS Sun Solaris 10 it hangs on initialization. Following was shown in the end of the screen Initializing system Please wait.... * Please help? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malikshahid85
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check hardware data compression

Hi, I'm looking to check the compression ratio applied by hardware to work out how much free space we have on tapes. mt -f /dev/rmt0 status shows: If I add up the output of the du command and what we backup from the script, it gives me the total space we tape up. So the plan was to find the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rab
4 Replies

6. Solaris

System hangs (freezes) on system bell/beep

I am running OpenIndiana development version oi_148 32-bit on a seven-year-old Dell Inspiron 8600. Seems to be running fine except for one particular annoyance: It freezes whenever a system bell/beep plays. I have mitigated this by turning the system bell off in gnome-terminal, which I use... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeadBadger
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Linux system hangs giving ntp errors

Hi folks, I am facing issue of my system (host1) getting hanged after throwing following ntpd messages. I am not able to ssh to the server there after. only option is to restart the host: Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: time reset -0.207907 s Dec 29 02:58:51 host1 ntpd: synchronisation lost Dec 29... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SiddhV
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 system hangs

Solaris 10 (Sun V210) System hangs every couple of months. Have to go into ALOM to reset. I did a consolehistory report and seen this in it. Failed to exec inetd_start method of instance svc:/network/bootps/udp:default: I/O error WARNING: /pci@1c,600000/scsi@2 (glm0): Resetting... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Joeentech
3 Replies

9. Red Hat

system freezes / hangs

Hi, We're using - openldap-2.3.43-12.el5_6.5 nss_ldap-253-25.el5 on RHEL-5.5 Intermittently the entire system hangs, no message is present in any of the log files, login to the system fails, ssh fails, ping fails, the only way to recover is to hard-boot the system. We consulted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheRock
3 Replies
idevicebackup2(1)					      General Commands Manual						 idevicebackup2(1)

NAME
idevicebackup2 - Create or restore backups for devices running iOS 4 or later. SYNOPSIS
idevicebackup2 [OPTIONS] CMD [CMDOPTIONS] DIRECTORY DESCRIPTION
Create or restore backup from the current or specified directory. OPTIONS
-u, --udid UDID target specific device by its 40-digit device UDID. -s, --source UDID use backup data from device specified by UDID. -i, --interactive request passwords interactively on the command line. -d, --debug enable communication debugging. -h, --help prints usage information. COMMANDS
backup create backup for the device. restore restore last backup to the device. --system restore system files, too. --reboot reboot the system when done. --copy create a copy of backup folder before restoring. --settings restore device settings from the backup. --remove remove items which are not being restored. --password PWD supply the password of the source backup. info show details about last completed backup of device. list list files of last completed backup in CSV format. encryption on|off [PWD] enable or disable backup encryption. changepw [OLD NEW] change backup password on target device. AUTHORS
Martin Szulecki Nikias Bassen SEE ALSO
idevicebackup(1) idevicebackup2(1)