Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Delete specific lines in a text file Post 78581 by dniz on Wednesday 20th of July 2005 09:32:06 PM
Old 07-20-2005
Hi, Jim,

I've tried out the code but it seems the libraries are not compatible to my unix system. It kept errored out with the "Function prototypes are an ANSI feature" and "Incompatible types in cast: Must cast from scalar to scalar or to void type". I am just at the beginner level, perhaps, you can give me a guide of what is it all about? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete blocks of lines from text file

Hello, Hello Firends, I have file like below. I want to remove selected blocks say abc,pqr,lst. how can i remove those blocks from file. zone abc { blah blah blah } zone xyz { blah blah blah } zone pqr { blah blah blah } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nrbhole
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines prior to a specific date in a log file.

Hi all. I have a database log file in which log data get appended to it daily. I want to do a automatic maintainence of this log by going through the log and deleting lines belonging to a certain date. How should i do it? Please help. Thanks. Example. To delete all lines prior to Jun... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahSher
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from a file

Hi, I have a file ( all_users.ldif ) of the following format: cn=orcladmin, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com cn=PUBLIC, cn=Users, dc=maximus,dc=com cn=portal,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com cn=portal_admin,cn=users,dc=maximus,dc=com cn=uddi_publisher,cn=Users,dc=maximus,dc=com... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: itzz.me
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[bash help]Adding multiple lines of text into a specific spot into a text file

I am attempting to insert multiple lines of text into a specific place in a text file based on the lines above or below it. For example, Here is a portion of a zone file. IN NS ns1.domain.tld. IN NS ns2.domain.tld. IN ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdn_humbucker
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete lines from a file which starts with a specific pattern

I need to delete those lines from a file, which starts with 45. How to do it? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mady135
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines from text file?

hi guys, I have very large txt files (200GB) and just want to to delete the first two lines (headers). So far I used sed -i '1,2d' infile.txtbut this command always takes extremely long as it writes all again. Is there a better way to do it (ie just to delete the lines without writing all... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TuAd
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to delete specific lines (2n+3 line, n=0,1,2...296) in a file?

Dear everyone, I have a file with 900 lines (there is only numbers in one line, no string), I only need the lines 2+3n (n=0,1...296), i.e line 2, 5, 8, 11...888. I tried google but only the results such as how to delete all the odd lines or all the even lines with 'awk' command. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamnu
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete lines of a text file based on another text file?

I have 2 TXT files with with 8 columns in them(tab separated). First file has 2000 entries whereas 2nd file has 300 entries. The first file has ALL the lines of second file. Now I need to remove those 300 lines (which are in both files) from first file so that first file's line count become... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete specific lines from files based on another file

I have some text files in a folder named ff as follows. I need to delete the lines (in-place editing)in these files based on another file aa.txt. 32bm.txt: 249 253 A P - 0 0 8 0, 0.0 6,-1.4 0, 0.0 2,-0.4 -0.287 25.6-102.0 -74.4 161.1 37.1 13.3 10.9 250... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aden
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines above and below specific line of text

I'm trying to remove a specific number of lines, above and below a specific line of text, highlighted in red: <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>CREDIT <DTPOSTED>20151205000001 <TRNAMT>10 <FITID>667800001 <CHECKNUM>667800001 <MEMO>BALANCE </STMTTRN> <STMTTRN> <TRNTYPE>DEBIT <DTPOSTED>20151207000001... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bomsom
8 Replies
Bio::Installer::Generic(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Bio::Installer::Generic(3pm)

NAME
Bio::Installer::Generic - DESCRIPTION of Object SYNOPSIS
Give standard usage here DESCRIPTION
Describe the object here FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: http://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Albert Vilella Email avilella-AT-gmail-DOT-com Describe contact details here CONTRIBUTORS
Additional contributors names and emails here APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : my $obj = new Generic(); Function: Builds a new Generic object Returns : an instance of Generic Args : -origin_download_dir => from where is going to be downloaded -destination_download_dir => where is going to be saved -destination_install_dir => where is going to be installed -package_name => name of the package to be downloaded -directory_name => name of the directory once has been decompressed origin_download_dir Title : origin_download_dir Usage : $obj->origin_download_dir($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of origin_download_dir (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) destination_download_dir Title : destination_download_dir Usage : $obj->destination_download_dir($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of destination_download_dir (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) destination_install_dir Title : destination_install_dir Usage : $obj->destination_install_dir($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of destination_install_dir (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) package_name Title : package_name Usage : $obj->package_name($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of package_name (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) directory_name Title : directory_name Usage : $obj->directory_name($newval) Function: Example : Returns : value of directory_name (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) env_name Title : env_name Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : _remember_env Title : _remember_env Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : _decompress Title : _decompress Usage : Function: Example : Returns : Args : download Title : download Usage : $installer->download(); Function: Example : Returns : Args : uninstall Title : uninstall Usage : $installer->uninstall(); Function: Example : Returns : Args : perl v5.12.3 2011-06-18 Bio::Installer::Generic(3pm)