Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static? Post 78495 by Micky on Wednesday 20th of July 2005 05:51:32 AM
Old 07-20-2005
pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" if I try to link static?

Hello,

I am trying to port some testtools we wrote from solaris to redhat linux(AMD64). If I link dynamic, set the correct LD_LIBRARY_PATH, everything runs fine.

If I try to link static, the pthread_create returns "operation not permitted" (error code 1).

Does anybody have an idea where to look for this problem (well probably in the linking of pthread *grin*, but that is all I know). I would be really greatfull if you can help me on the way..

Grtz,

Miriam

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Operation not permitted" when copying directories

I'm kicking Unix questions out like Bruce Lee. So I'm copying a directory of files, in each directory I inevitablly get this: I get that for usually the same set of directories/files in each folder. Is there a way to override this when copying files? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JPigford
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

diff on c-source file always returns "files differ"

I have a c-source file that is evidently seen by unix as a binary file. When doing a diff between it and older versions with substantial differences, diff will only return "files differ". I have tried cat-ing the file to another file; tried using the "-h" on the diff; I have tried ftp-ing it... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: C-Prog-Man
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

if returns "unknown test operator"

Greetings, using ksh on Solaris, I am trying to identify the current version of a package installed on multiple servers using if statement in a precursor to upgrading. I have searched the forums and have found many hits, reviewed 3 pages and have tried the different variations noted there. Also... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 22blaze
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

User gets "The operation could not be completed because you do not have enough access privileges."

Does anyone know why this could be happening? User tries to save into a directory, but gets the error message. I checked permissions on directory and see the following: drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Nov 22 14:46 Folder 1 drwxrwxr-x 10 root pm 1024 Oct 19 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scrivic
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Checking RAID health, metastat returns "no database"

Hello, I am supposed to check the RAID health of a system but when I type metastat it says "there are no existing databases" Does this mean that there is no RAID configured at all? Is there any other utility I should try? I know the system has two disks. Tanks! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cevspencer
8 Replies

7. Solaris

Assiging "static" IPv6 address for a jumpstart target.

I provision Solaris10 using jumpstart. I know we can enable IPv6 by setting protocol_ipv6=yes in the sysidcfg file. Is there a way to assign Static IPv6 address using sysidcfg/jumpstart method (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Source command returns error when it strikes conditional statement "ifeq"

Hello All, I am running source command on my project configuration file app.cfg which has conditional statements with make file systax E.g ifeq ($(APP_CMP_DIR),trunk). When I source this file it throws error: syntax error near unexpected token... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies
MSQL_CONNECT(3) 														   MSQL_CONNECT(3)

msql_connect - Open mSQL connection

SYNOPSIS
resource msql_connect ([string $hostname]) DESCRIPTION
msql_connect(3) establishes a connection to a mSQL server. If a second call is made to msql_connect(3) with the same arguments, no new link will be established, but instead, the link identifier of the already opened link will be returned. The link to the server will be closed as soon as the execution of the script ends, unless it's closed earlier by explicitly calling msql_close(3). PARAMETERS
o $hostname - The hostname can also include a port number. e.g. hostname,port. If not specified, the connection is established by the means of a Unix domain socket, being then more efficient then a localhost TCP socket connection. Note While this function will accept a colon ( :) as a host/port separator, a comma ( ,) is the preferred method. RETURN VALUES
Returns a positive mSQL link identifier on success, or FALSE on error. SEE ALSO
msql_pconnect(3), msql_close(3). PHP Documentation Group MSQL_CONNECT(3)