Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers 0403-057 Syntax error at line 70. pls help Post 78488 by OMONI on Wednesday 20th of July 2005 04:37:53 AM
Old 07-20-2005
Thanks very much

That seems to have worked now but the problem I am having now is that it does not return any output when run.
The diskspace file contains the following:
# D I S K S P A C E . T A B
#
# Lookup file for the 'diskspace.sh' program.
# Format: <filesystem> <flag_percent> <alarm_percent>
#
/ 60 80
/opt1% /aixpatch
/orasys1 60 95
/oradat1 95 95
/oraind1 60 95
/arch1 70 95
/stndarch
/redo1 50 95
/redo2 50 95
/orabin1 50 95
/orabin2 60 96
/backup 70 95
/exports 70 95
/oracds 60 90
/orabase 60 90

---------END of DISKSPACE.TAB
Now when I run this script I expect it to return some file systems with thier usage as they are over the limit.
I am running this on IBM AIX. Can anyone please help me identify why its not returning any values.
Thanks alot for all your help

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get_source[34]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 66 : `"' is not matched.

Hi, I am getting this error in my shell script, kindly help as soon as possible: ################################################################### # Main body of program ################################################################### . /saptech/scripts/common/declare # Defines... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishal_ranjan
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected.

Can someone please tell me wht is wrong with the following peice of code? I keep getting the following error - 0403-057 Syntax error at line 52 : `)' is not expected. case "${option_count}" in 1) java -Xms256m -Xmx1536m "${APPLNAME}" "${ACTION_TYPE}" > "${LOGFILE}" 2>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veenak15
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Receiving error: ./ang.ksh[35]: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 116 : `done' is not expected.

Hi All I am quite new to Unix. Following is a shell script that i have written and getting the subject mentioned error. #!/bin/ksh #------------------------------------------------------------------------- # File: ang_stdnld.ksh # # Desc: UNIX shell script to extract Store information.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitsinha
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] 0403-057 Syntax error `<' is not matched

curr_time=`date +%Y%m%d%H%M` curr_date=`date +%Y%m%d` zero=0 script_path="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Scripts/bulk_file_ftp" file_dir="/home/wccuser1/wcc/Bulk_Files" todays_file_count=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}' | wc -l` todays_file=`ls -ltr | grep $curr_date | awk '{print $9}'` if... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gagandeep
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error

I am getting the error : rocfm/wls_subload/in/processed_files/tel_input_additional_checked_all_mandatory.txt: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 1 : `|' is not expected. >>>>ALL MANDATORY FIELDS CHECKING IS SUCCESSFUL count is 0 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 169 : `"' is not matched.

Hi, I am getting this error in my attached shell script, kindly help as soon as possible: Thanks, Andre (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: damoon
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line : `}' is not expected.

i dont know where m i mistaking.. please help me out with this issue :( thanks in advance:rolleyes: one_main() { a=100 while ; do clear echo "##############################################" echo ":: CURRENTLY YOU ARE IN RC AND OC MARKING ::" echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Puneet sinha
1 Replies

8. AIX

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, I am new to shell scripting.i am trying to mail after my backup completed. Here is my shell script: if ; then egrep (ERROR|error|Error|RMAN-) ${/backup/RMANBKUP/spool/shelltest.log} > /dev/null if ; then RESULT_MSG=WARNING: Errors occurred during the ${ORACLE_SID} Rman... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: faruqms
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 17 : `(' is not expected.

Hi, While executing my code i am getting below Error: ./check_disk1: 0403-057 Syntax error at line 55 : `(' is not expected. My code is : #!/bin/ksh PROGNAME=`basename $0` STATE_OK=0 STATE_WARNING=1 STATE_CRITICAL=2 STATE_UNKNOWN=3 OS=$(uname) AWK="/usr/bin/awk"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: abodage
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

0403-057 Syntax error at line 399 : `"' is not matched

Hi Everyone, I am getting strange behavior, same script runs fine without any error in one AIX machine, whereas on another it is throwing this error "0403-057 Syntax error at line 399 : `"' is not matched", I also ran the script in debug mode. This is the output, still doesn't say anything.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid1987
2 Replies
FILETRAQ(8)						      System Manager's Manual						       FILETRAQ(8)

NAME
filetraq - keep track of changes in config files. SYNOPSIS
filetraq --help filetraq [filelist] [backupdir] DESCRIPTION
This manual page documents briefly the filetraq command. This manual page was written for the Debian GNU/Linux distribution because the original program does not have a manual page. FileTraq is a shell script that reads a list of files to watch, runs diff against each file and its backup, and reports any discrepancies, along with keeping a dated backup of the original. It's designed to be run as a cron job. OPTIONS
This command has two possible invocations, one with one option: --help Show summary of options and the default values of the config file and the backup directory. and other with no options, a config file or a config file and the backupdir. The debian version has been modified to read the /etc/default/filetraq configuration file, that lets the administrator change the default values of the config file ( file ), the backup directory ( backupdir ), the diff options used to print the filetraq output ( diffopts , e.g. -p -C 1 or -u ) and the diff order ( difforder , either newold (FileTraq default) or oldnew (traditional Unix default)). SECURITY
FileTraq is not well tested or hardened. It runs as root, but all of its config files should only be accessible by root. No security holes are known at this time, but please be careful. BUGS
Right now, it doesn't take care of its backups very well. The dated backups will accumulate in the backups directory, bounded only by diskspace. It only handles text files, it isn't a Tripwire replacement for use with system binaries. FILES
/etc/filetraq.conf /etc/default/filetraq /var/lib/filetraq SEE ALSO
diff(1), cron(8). AUTHOR
Jeremy Weatherford <xidus@xidus.net> Homepage: http://filetraq.xidus.net/ This manual page was written by Sergio Talens-Oliag <sto@debian.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). June 2001 FILETRAQ(8)