Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to extract data from a text file Post 78455 by Ygor on Tuesday 19th of July 2005 09:30:31 PM
Old 07-19-2005
Maybe try something like...
Code:
awk 'NR>=81 && NR<=83 {print $4, $5, $6}' file1

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

Hello again, how do you extract data from a file? I have created a file with PID #s in it, I need to be able to take the PID from each line and kill it. How is this done? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

extract data from file

I m new to shell scripting & i need a help.... i have file like.... Name := sachin address:=something phone:=111 ... Note: There might be or not space between Name & := and between := & sachin. I need to extract the data from each line of file as var1=Name value1=sachin same for... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ps_sach
13 Replies

3. Programming

c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file

needa c program to extract text between two delimiters from some text file. and then storing them in to diffrent variables ? text file like 0: abc.txt ========= aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass aaaaaa|11111111|sssssssssss|333333|ddddddddd|34343454564|asass... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kukretiabhi13
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract multiple repeated data from a text file

Hi, I need to extract data from a text file in which data has a pattern. I need to extract all repeated pattern and then save it to different files. example: input is: ST*867*000352214 BPT*00*1000352214*090311 SE*1*1 ST*867*000352215 BPT*00*1000352214*090311 SE*1*2 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

SED to extract HTML text data, not quite right!

I am attempting to extract weather data from the following website, but for the Victoria area only: Text Forecasts - Environment Canada I use this: sed -n "/Greater Victoria./,/Fraser Valley./p" But that phrasing does not sometimes get it all and think perhaps the website has more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lagagnon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression with shell script to extract data out of a text file

hi i am trying to extract some specific data out of a text file using regular expressions with shell script that is using a multiline grep .. and the tool i am using is pcregrep so that i can get compatibility with perl's regular expressions for a sample data like this, i am trying to grab... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vemkiran
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract header data from one file and combine it with data from another file

Hi, Great minds, I have some files, in fact header files, of CTD profiler, I tried a lot C programming, could not get output as I was expected, because my programming skills are very poor, finally, joined unix forum with the hope that, I may get what I want, from you people, Here I have attached... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: nex_asp
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk used to extract data between text

Hello all, I have a file (filename.txt) with some data (in two columns X and Y) which looks like this: ########## 'Header1' 'Sub-header1' X Y xxxx.xx yyyy.yyy xxxx.xx yyyy.yyy .... ... 'Sub-header2' X Y xxxx.xx ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaldo0805
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extract data from a file

I have a text file that contains the following data. For example, aa.txt has some numbers. I need to extract the continuous numbers(minimum 3 numbers) from it.How can I do this with awk? >aa.txt 31 35 36 37 38 39 44 169 170 173 174 175 177 206 >1a.txt 39 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahmanabdulla
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Shell - Read a text file with two words and extract data

hi I made this simple script to extract data and pretty much is a list and would like to extract data of two words separated by commas and I would like to make a new text file that would list these extracted data into a list and each in a new line. Example that worked for me with text file... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dandaryll
5 Replies
smistrip(1)							     SMI Tools							       smistrip(1)

NAME
smistrip - extract MIB or PIB modules from text files, like RFCs or I-Ds SYNOPSIS
smistrip [ -Vhn ] [ -d dir ] [ -m module ] [ file(s) ] DESCRIPTION
The smistrip program is used to extract MIB and PIB module files from ASCII documents like RFCs or Internet Drafts. Modules are identified by a starting ASN.1 DEFINITIONS clause and the matching END clause. The output is written to files named by the modules' names. OPTIONS
-V Show the smistrip version and exit. -h Show a help text and exit. -n Print only what would be extracted, but do not write any output file. -d dir Write module file(s) to directory dir instead of the current working directory. -m module Extract only the module module instead of all modules found in the input file(s). file(s) The input text file(s) from which modules will be extracted. If no file is given, input is read from stdin. Note that smistrip tries to be smart about locating module start and end, detecting page breaks and blank lines near page breaks. It also tries to cut off blank prefixing columns from all lines of a modules. However, there might by documents that cannot be parsed correctly by smistrip and probably produce incorrect output. You might consider to use smilint on every extracted module file to check its syntactical correctness. EXAMPLE
This example extracts only the module IPV6-MIB from the file rfc2465 and writes it to the directory /usr/local/tmp. $ smistrip -d /usr/local/tmp -m IPV6-MIB rfc2465 SEE ALSO
The libsmi(3) project is documented at http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/projects/libsmi/. smilint(1) AUTHOR
(C) 1999-2004 F. Strauss, TU Braunschweig, Germany <strauss@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> (C) 2002 M. Bunkus, TU Braunschweig, Germany <bunkus@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> and contributions by many other people. IBR
August 10, 2004 smistrip(1)