Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: bad if test
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting bad if test Post 78423 by becket on Tuesday 19th of July 2005 01:54:57 PM
Old 07-19-2005
if [ -f filename] ; then echo file exist ; fi
if [ -f filename] ; then echo exist ; else echo " don't exist " ; fi

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can you Test for bad number

Anyone know the code to test for bad numbers? For example in ksh... Want the user to input an integer, but they input characters. read number while (number = letter) read number //until valid number is inputted thx for any help!! :confused: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsxpower
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bad day !! test condition failed --need a one liner to do --help

Hi all this is simple but bad day for me nothing work out .. Problem is that I wan to check the argument passed to my script and accordignly exit or setup ENV variable I have a script name src_cpcp_preproc.sh i want to pass 2 argumet from command line argumet and check it in the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
13 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Why I get bad bad substitution when using eval?

Why I get bad replace when using eval? $ map0=( "0" "0000" "0") $ i=0 $ eval echo \${map$i} 0000 $ a=`eval echo \${map$i}` !!!error happens!!! bash: ${map$i}: bad substitution How to resolve it ? Thanks! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 915086731
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Prefixing test case methods with letter 'test'

Hi, I have a Python unit test cases source code file which contains more than a hundred test case methods. In that, some of the test case methods already have prefix 'test' where as some of them do not have. Now, I need to add the string 'test' (case-sensitive) as a prefix to those of the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
5 Replies
ASNTOOL(1)						     NCBI Tools User's Manual							ASNTOOL(1)

NAME
asntool - process ASN.1 module specifications SYNOPSIS
asntool [-] [-B filename] [-D N] [-G] [-I str] [-J type] [-K str] [-L str] [-M filename,...] [-P str] [-Q] [-S filename] [-T filename] [-V] [-X filename] [-Z] [-b N] [-d filename] [-e filename] [-f filename] [-l filename] -m filename [-o filename] [-p filename] [-t str] [-v filename] [-w N] [-x filename] DESCRIPTION
asntool reads, validates, and displays ASN.1 module specifications. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. - Print usage message -B filename Generate objects and code in files named filename.* -D N Debugging level for code generation: 0 No debugging (default) 1 Shallow debugging 2 Deep debugging 3-9 Same as 2 -G Generate object loader .c and .h files -I str Put "#include str" in generated .c file -J type Register type type with object manager -K str In generated .c, force name of #included asn header to str -L str Label registered type as str -M filename,... Search the ASN.1 modules in filename,... for external references -P str XML module prefix for DOCTYPE -Q Use quoted syntax form for generated include files -S filename Send debugging output to filename rather than stderr -T filename Dump ASN.1 tree to filename -V Force CHOICE objects to use custom structures rather than ValNodePtrs, for compatibility with some old hand-coded object loaders. -X filename Write XML DTD to filename. If filename is "m", print each module to a separate file. -Z Bit twiddle for optional zero value base slots -b N Use N-byte buffers (default = 1024; anything between 512 and 10000 is legal) -d filename Read binary values from filename (requires -t) -e filename Write binary values to filename -f filename Write ASN.1 module to filename -l filename Write ASN.1 loader to filename -m filename Read ASN.1 module from filename -o filename Write header to filename -p filename Write print values to filename -t str Expect binary values to have type str -v filename Read print values from filename -w N Limit values in #defines to N bits (default = 31; anything between 31 and 128 is legal) -x filename Write XML data to filename AUTHOR
The National Center for Biotechnology Information. NCBI
2010-09-01 ASNTOOL(1)