Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers FTP from SCO UNIX to Windows XP PC Post 78407 by RTM on Tuesday 19th of July 2005 11:57:09 AM
Old 07-19-2005
The XP system has to be running a FTP service - here is a free one (I've never used it or seen how it works and am not associated with the company or site)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Networking a SCO Unix box with a windows lan

Hi there! We have a SCO UNIX box that uses a bunch of dumb terminals. We also have a workgroup of 5 stations Is there a way that we can network the UNIX box to the workgroup for dumb terminal.. A novice would think you could TCP the UNIX machine through a hub and use hypertermal as a dumb... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: huilai
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Corrupted files from Windows to Unix Sco

I downloaded some applications from CD on a windows2000 PC to a Unix Sco machine using the WS-FTP program. When I tried to run the applications on the Unix machines I got an error. The files must have been corrupted in the process of transferring files from a Windows 2000 to a Unix Sco... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: BAM
9 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

FTP - Sco Unix to ProFTPD Error

First off I did try google for help on this topic, didn't really find anything. When I try to ftp from my SCO Unix box (SCO_SV servername 3.2 5.0.5 i386) to a proFTPD server within my company I get this error Connected to 10.?.?.?. 220 ProFTPD Server ftp.hostname.com Name (10.?.?.?:root):... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whegra
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Sco Open Server, Windows Computers Problem Access Unix Shared Files Help!!!!!

Hello Moto I hope someone can help We's here at work, have a unix box with sco openserver 5 on it, so it has a nice gui interface.. and also a fair few windows computers.. a system admin guy b4 me, has set up a user called neil, which can, when u try to access the unix box using windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: haggo
2 Replies

5. IP Networking

Sco Unix 4.3 Windows Connectivity

I have a client who is operating a SCO UNIX 4.3 server with Informix 4.12. My problem is that I need to get hold of the data using a Windows PC. Where the hell do I start? :confused: Thanks Richard. rgray@euriskotechnology.com (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: euriskotech
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with FTP o n Unix SCO

my problem is like this while ftping locally it works, but when users from WAN try the ftp services it doesnt comes the message it displays is as follows "connection closed by remote host " please help Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Athos19
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

8. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
DPKG-WWW(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-WWW(1)

NAME
dpkg-www - program to remotely open a WWW Debian package browser SYNOPSIS
dpkg-www [-s|--stdout] [-h|--host host] [query] DESCRIPTION
dpkg-www is used to remotely control a WEB browser and open a dpkg URL on the local host from an interactive shell or script. If the command is invoked while running under X-window the script will try to find an installed X browser to open the specified URL. If not running under X it will try to use a text browser instead. If Netscape is found and a Netscape instance is already running it will be asked to open the dpkg URL on localhost with the optional query supplied on the command line. If there is no browser running, it will start automatically a new one. The functionality provided by this program is identical to running a web browser with the -remote openURL(http://localhost/cgi-bin/dpkg) argument or opening the same URL from within the browser. dpkg-www-installer is an helper application which can configured in the WWW browser for web installation. It should never be invoked directly by the user. OPTIONS
-s, --stdout Redirect output to stdout. Requires one of the text browsers (lynx, lynx-ssl or links) installed. -h, --host host Send the query to a remote host, where dpkg-www must be installed. query Specifies an optional package name, an absolute pathname or a query argument which is passed to the dpkg cgi-bin. See dpkg-www(8) for more information about the use of the cgi. FILES
/etc/dpkg-www.conf ~/.dpkg-www Configuration files for dpkg-www. It is not necessary for these files to exist, there are sensible defaults for everything, but you can specify your preferred www browser with the DPKG_WWW_BROWSER variable, for example: DPKG_WWW_BROWSER=mozilla EXAMPLES
dpkg-www This would open a dpkg URL on localhost listing all the installed packages. dpkg-www bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package. dpkg-www -h pisolo bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the bash package on host pisolo. dpkg-www 'dpkg*' This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages matching dpkg*. dpkg-www /bin/bash This would open a dpkg URL asking info on the package(s) owning the file /bin/bash . dpkg-www depends=svgalib This would open a dpkg URL listing all packages depending on svgalib. dpkg-www --stdout depends=awk | grep ^ii This would list on stdout all packages depending on awk and grep all lines of installed packages. SEE ALSO
dpkg(8), dpkg-www(8) AUTHOR
Massimo Dal Zotto <dz@debian.org>. Bugs should be reported via the normal Debian bug reporting system. LICENCE
dpkg-www is licensed under the GNU General Public License version 2. September 1, 2004 DPKG-WWW(1)