Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Usage of optarg
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Usage of optarg Post 78399 by sveera on Tuesday 19th of July 2005 11:23:05 AM
Old 07-19-2005
Computer getopts usage

Hi Jim mcnamara,

This helps. Thanks for the response.
bye
Veera

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

2. Solaris

current CPU usage, memory usage, disk I/O oid(snmp)

Hi, I want to monitor the current cpu usage, monitor usage , disk I/o and network utlization for solaris using SNMP. I want the oids for above tasks. can you please tell me that Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: S_venkatesh
2 Replies

3. Programming

command line option: optarg

Hi I'm learning how to add in programm another option by command line. For example in the "my_prog" i want to add a " -k " option and then write a number. I mean: my_prog -k 50 and the i should use the number 50. I'm reading about getopt_long and optarg, and what i have done in the code... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
0 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

OPTARG is not taking SPACE

Hi I have below code in one of my shell script: if ; then fail $USAGE; fi while getopts hz:r:t:dz: o do case "$o" in h) echo $USAGE ; exit 0;; r) export REQ_ID="$OPTARG";; t) TIMESPAN="$OPTARG";; d) detail="true";; ) ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohsin.quazi
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

$OPTARG changes commandline input

Hi there, I hope, that I do not open an thread, that is already existing, but I didn't found something matching with my problem while searching for problems with "getopts" My problem ist, that I'm taking arguments from commandline into my script with getopts, I've an flag -s, after that there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thommes_pommes
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass date range into optarg

here is the code echo begin while getopts 1:2:3:4: mode do case $mode in 1)echo "You have chosen mode1" case $OPTARG in a) echo "User Specified Date Range" rangelist.sh ;; b) echo "user specified month and year";; ?) echo "Default, Current... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pravsripad
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[BASH] getopts, OPTARG is passed but empty

EDIT: -- SOLVED -- Heyas, Getting used to optargs, but by far not understanding it. So i have that script that shall be 'changeable', trying to use the passed arguments to modify the script visuals. Passing: browser -t test -d sect $HOME Where -t should change the title, and -d... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sea
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getopts - space in argument (OPTARG)

Hi, I want to capture space as well from the argument eg: script.ksh -m "Message from xyz" -e "email@xyz.com" script.ksh -m 'Message from xyz' -e 'email@xyz.com' I am parsing using getopts, but for option "m" OPTARG is returning only "Message". Please use code tags next time for... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: tostay2003
9 Replies
PICOLISP(1)							   User Commands						       PICOLISP(1)

NAME
pil, picolisp - a fast, lightweight Lisp interpreter SYNOPSIS
pil [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] picolisp [arguments ...] [-] [arguments ...] [+] DESCRIPTION
PicoLisp is a Lisp interpreter with a small memory footprint, yet relatively high execution speed. It combines an elegant and powerful lan- guage with built-in database functionality. pil is the startup front-end for the interpreter. It takes care of starting the binary base system and loading a useful runtime environ- ment. picolisp is just the bare interpreter binary. It is usually called in stand-alone scripts, using the she-bang notation in the first line, passing the minimal environment in lib.l and loading additional files as needed: #!/usr/bin/picolisp /usr/lib/picolisp/lib.l (load "@ext.l" "myfiles/lib.l" "myfiles/foo.l") (do ... something ...) (bye) INVOCATION
PicoLisp has no pre-defined command line flags; applications are free to define their own. Any built-in or user-level Lisp function can be invoked from the command line by prefixing it with a hyphen. Examples for built-in functions useful in this context are version (print the version number) or bye (exit the interpreter). Therefore, a minimal call to print the version number and then immediately exit the inter- preter would be: $ pil -version -bye Any other argument (not starting with a hyphen) should be the name of a file to be loaded. If the first character of a path or file name is an at-mark, it will be substituted with the path to the installation directory. All arguments are evaluated from left to right, then an interactive read-eval-print loop is entered (with a colon as prompt). A single hyphen stops the evaluation of the rest of the command line, so that the remaining arguments may be processed under program con- trol. If the very last command line argument is a single plus character, debugging mode is switched on at interpreter startup, before evaluating any of the command line arguments. A minimal interactive session is started with: $ pil + Here you can access the reference manual : (doc) and the online documentation for most functions, : (doc 'vi) or directly inspect their sources: : (vi 'doc) The interpreter can be terminated with : (bye) or by typing Ctrl-D. FILES
Runtime files are maintained in the ~/.pil directory: ~/.pil/tmp/<pid>/ Process-local temporary directories ~/.pil/history The line editor's history file BUGS
PicoLisp doesn't try to protect you from every possible programming error ("You asked for it, you got it"). AUTHOR
Alexander Burger <abu@software-lab.de> RESOURCES
Home page: http://home.picolisp.com Download: http://www.software-lab.de/down.html PICOLISP(1)