Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog error
Special Forums IP Networking syslog error Post 7831 by Neo on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 02:38:58 PM
Old 10-02-2001
That does not look like a syslog error message. Syslog error messages have time-stamps and lots more information. What is the name of the file you opened to provide the info in your post?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Explorer causing syslog error

Hi there, I have upgraded my explorer (SUNWexplo) on a solaris 10 Sparc box from version 3.4 to the latest version (5.5) . However im a little concerned, whenever I run the new explorer either manually or scheduled, I get a syslog event as follows 1 in 0:08:31: Sep 22 17:00:15 fmy.machine.com... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File

Hello, I am New to Unix. I am Using HP-UX 9000 Series for my Application. I am Currently Facing an Issue that the error messages are being written in the syslog file instead of the Application Log File. The Codes for that Syslog.h is written in Pro*C. I want to know how to Redirect these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramaniam
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

help with syslog error

hi guys need help with the syslog error that i encounter with our sever. please see attached screenshot. hope you could help me. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Getting error messages in syslog in HP-UX

Hi, I'm using HP-UX 11.11 on HP9000/800 PA-RISC system.I am getting the below messages daily in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file.Can someone help me out in this regard, why I am getting this messages & how to resolve it. I am using SSH version(HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.20.004) Messages: Nov 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

5. Programming

error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog

When I compile this i get the following error "error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #define __LIBRARY__ #include <linux/unistd.h> /* define the system call, to override the library... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

7. Solaris

picld error in syslog

All, I'm getting the following error in syslog when picld starts up: Jul 22 13:07:15 adl0845 picld: ld.so.1: picld: fatal: libpri.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory And I look, and lo, there is no such file. Despite the word 'fatal', picld is still running. On other systems, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james.dean
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error messages in syslog

Hi, Can you please look into the below errors from syslog in AIX? And let me know is this a issue? How can I avoid these errors with out affecting my LPAR. Detail Data SYSLOG MESSAGE <27>Aug 23 08:24:28 syslog: slp: 0660-084 The SA failed to decode and compute received message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
SYSLOG(8)							  System Logging							 SYSLOG(8)

NAME
syslog-ng, syslogd DESCRIPTION
There are different syslog daemon implementations supported as the system's syslog service, currently syslogd, syslog-ng and rsyslogd The first installed daemon activates itself for the syslog service. Starting with openSUSE-11.2, it is rsyslogd, before it was syslog-ng. But this depends on the software selection during the installation. The name of the daemon used as syslog service is specified in the SYSLOG_DAEMON variable in /etc/sysconfig/syslog. The yast2 sysconfig module provides a comfortable way to switch to another installed daemon and restart the service. The /etc/init.d/syslog init script is able to handle all supported daemons. BUGS
Please report bugs at <http://www.suse.de/feedback> AUTHOR
Juergen Weigert <jw@novell.com> Marius Tomaschewski <mt@novell.com> SEE ALSO
sysklogd(8) syslogd(8) syslog.conf(5) syslog-ng(8) syslog-ng.conf(5) rsyslogd(8) rsyslog.conf(5) syslog May 2008 SYSLOG(8)