Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: recursion too deep
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting recursion too deep Post 78280 by vgersh99 on Monday 18th of July 2005 12:23:01 PM
Old 07-18-2005
check your 'end of recursion' condition - you maybe running into the 'infinite' recursion.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I need to ls all files in 4-6 deep dirs

I need to print to file , a listing of all files below a certain directory. Example: I need to print to file a listing of all files below the etc dir (including the subdirectories) with their full path. Any ideas on how to do this with one command. Or is this something I need to do on all... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gforty
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Perl, Deep recursion? exit() ignored?

Hi all, I am calling a subroutine which checks if a log file is writeable and if not, prints something stdout and also log something into the same file, which doesn't work neither of course. Anyway, there is enough exit() calls, that should stop it working, but the problem is, that I get the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
5 Replies

3. Programming

Deep copy of structure in C

Hi , I have a scenario where i need to copy the iter to another local variable , where iter is of type MCC_T_SYS_ADDRINFO *iter . struct addrinfo { int ai_flags; int ai_family; int ai_socktype; int ai_protocol; ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: breezevinay
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files deep in directories

i need to find a portable way to go through multiple directories to find a file. I've trid something like this: find /opt/oracle/diag/*/alert_HH2.log -printordinarily, i can run the ls command and it will find it: /opt/oracle/diag/*/*/*/*/alert_HH2.log The problem with this approach is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies
Tcl_SetRecursionLimit(3TCL)				      Tcl Library Procedures				       Tcl_SetRecursionLimit(3TCL)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_SetRecursionLimit - set maximum allowable nesting depth in interpreter SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> int Tcl_SetRecursionLimit(interp, depth) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter whose recursion limit is to be set. Must be greater than zero. int depth (in) New limit for nested calls to Tcl_Eval for interp. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
At any given time Tcl enforces a limit on the number of recursive calls that may be active for Tcl_Eval and related procedures such as Tcl_GlobalEval. Any call to Tcl_Eval that exceeds this depth is aborted with an error. By default the recursion limit is 1000. Tcl_SetRecursionLimit may be used to change the maximum allowable nesting depth for an interpreter. The depth argument specifies a new limit for interp, and Tcl_SetRecursionLimit returns the old limit. To read out the old limit without modifying it, invoke Tcl_SetRecur- sionLimit with depth equal to 0. The Tcl_SetRecursionLimit only sets the size of the Tcl call stack: it cannot by itself prevent stack overflows on the C stack being used by the application. If your machine has a limit on the size of the C stack, you may get stack overflows before reaching the limit set by Tcl_SetRecursionLimit. If this happens, see if there is a mechanism in your system for increasing the maximum size of the C stack. KEYWORDS
nesting depth, recursion ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWTcl | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Uncommitted | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for Tcl is available on http://opensolaris.org. Tcl 7.0 Tcl_SetRecursionLimit(3TCL)