Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display resolutions
Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Display resolutions Post 78252 by RTM on Monday 18th of July 2005 07:33:05 AM
Old 07-18-2005
Check your graphics card for compatibility with SuSE.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

resolutions in Solaris

My name is Paul Maguire and I am a student at Aston University, England. I have visual impairment so I need everything on the screen large including screen resolutions. Q1. Can you tell me if it is possible to set up a profile for display settings on a Unix network that runs Win98, Macs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: macker
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ls display

Hi, When i list the subfolders in my Hp-Ux machine ,iam getting like this $ls -ltr total 14 -rw-r--r-- 1 sss users 6747 Aug 15 02:09 it is showing total as 14,but it is showing one file only!.plz tell me why is this? Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shruti_mgp
3 Replies

3. Solaris

X Display

I have an application that I run remotely, before I start the app, i have to export the display using the DISPLAY=x.x.x.x; export DISPLAY command now, i have just put a crt monitor on this box, and i try to run the same command, for the display variable, i have used the machines own IP address,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
2 Replies

4. Linux

Display

Hi all, I wish to get vmware GUI on my windows ws without get there phisically. I always used in Unix systems setenv DISPLAY = 10.192.10.43:0.0 and run the application. The server running vmware is behind a firewalled farm zone where every telnet, ssh connection has the same IP addr. so how to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Carmen123
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY

Hi, from my Windows Workstation I can connect with PUTTY to an AIX 6.1 unix server. On AIX via PUTTY I run DBCA which has a grphical interface. Then : #DISPLAY=local_host:0.0 ; export DISPLAY $(hostname) $(whoami):/appli/oracle/product/10.2.0/db_1/bin#dbca _X11TransSocketINETConnect()... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display

Hello, this will sound geek but I've got a shell script that takes an age to run. I am wondering if someone as a function that will display like dash or something every second ? I could try to get it inside of this script when needed. I am using ksh. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswex
4 Replies

7. Answers to Frequently Asked Questions

Fixed width file issue and resolutions

I have a fixed width file with no separators , but the file has JUNK characters in it and i know how to remove it. but in few cases these junk characters having created a mess by splitting single row into 2 or 3 rows. I need to put them back to a single line like rest of the rows. This fixed... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkm
2 Replies
urlview(1)						      General Commands Manual							urlview(1)

NAME
urlview - URL extractor/launcher SYNOPSIS
urlview filename [ filename ... ] DESCRIPTION
urlview is a screen oriented program for extracting URLs from text files and displaying a menu from which you may launch a command to view a specific item. CONFIGURATION
urlview attempts to read ~/.urlview upon startup. If this file doesn't exist, it will try to read a system wide file in /etc/urlview/sys- tem.urlview. There are two configuration commands (order does not matter): REGEXP regexp urlview uses a regular expression to extract URLs from the specified text files. , , and f are all converted to their nor- mal printf(3) meanings. The default REGEXP is: (((http|https|ftp|gopher)|mailto):(//)?[^ <>" ]*|(www|ftp)[0-9]?.[-a-z0-9.]+)[^ .,; <">):]?[^, <>" ]*[^ .,; <">):] COMMAND command If the specified command contains a %s, it will be subsituted with the URL that was requested, otherwise the URL is appended to the COMMAND string. The default COMMAND is: /etc/urlview/url_handler.sh Note: You should never put single quotes around the %s. urlview does this for you, and also makes sure that single quotes eventually show- ing up inside the URL are handled properly. (Note that this shouldn't happen with the default regular expression, which explicitly excludes single quotes.) WRAP choice Enable or disable URL wrapping. Valid values for choice are: yes, no (case insensitive). If this option is not supplied, the default behaviour is to disable wrapping. FILES
/etc/urlview/system.urlview system-wide urlview configuration file ~/.urlview urlview configuration file ENVIRONMENT
If the environment variable BROWSER is set to a browser command, or a colon-delimited list of commands to try, then the specified browser is used. %s is replaced with the quoted url to view. If %s is not part of a command, the url is appended to the command. The BROWSER environment variable is honored only if the rc-file doesn't contain the COMMAND option. The rc-file provided by the Debian package contains a COMMAND option. SEE ALSO
printf(3), regcomp(3), regex(7), environ(7) AUTHOR
Michael Elkins <me@cs.hmc.edu>. Modified for Debian by Luis Francisco Gonzalez <luisgh@debian.org> and Emanuele Rocca <ema@debian.org>. Modified for SuSE by Dr. Werner Fink <werner@suse.de> and Stepan Kasal <kasal@suse.cz>. Changes put together by Thomas Roessler <roessler@does-not-exist.org>. urlview(1)