Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory leak?
Special Forums IP Networking memory leak? Post 78183 by lenna on Saturday 16th of July 2005 04:29:49 PM
Old 07-16-2005
well, I don't know the answer to the first question but I probably found out the answer for the seconf one. the reason why the program got crazy is that since it's multi threading there's a situation where an event is raised which cause the system to freak out. I still haven't found why it freaks out but if I prevent the event to be raised than logging is OK and client application is not exit its operation.

I'll be happy though if someone could answer my first question above - why is the length of buffer = 0? could it be because I use memcpy in my encode/ decode buffer functions?

thanks again,
Lenna

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

about virtual memory and memory leak

Hi, First of all I appreciate this group very much for its informative discussions and posts. Here is my question. I have one process whose virtual memory size increases linearly from 6MB to 12MB in 20 minutes. Does that mean my process has memory leaks? In what cases does the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Check memory leak

I am running c++ code on AIX unix.I have a doubt that my code is using some memory but it is not clearing that.Some time i am getting heap allocation problem.In my code i am not using any malloc,new functions also i am justing using pointers and arrays. Is there any way i can find out if the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Memory leak while using pthread_cancel()

I tried to execute a sample pthread program to cancel a newly created one using pthread_cancel(). but using valgrind on my code shows some memory leak. My Code: #include "iostream" #include "unistd.h" #include "pthread.h" #include "signal.h" using namespace std; void handler(int); void*... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcr
4 Replies

4. Programming

Memory LEAK with pthreads

I have this code... #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> static void* cliente(void *datos); int main() { pthread_attr_t tattr; int ret; size_t size = PTHREAD_STACK_MIN + 0x0100; ret = pthread_attr_init(&tattr); ret =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need to create a memory leak

Hi. This might be a strange request, but does anyone have any idea on a simple shell script that would use more and more memory as it ran? Like a purposeful leak. I want to test the behaviour of an already running program when the machine runs out of memory. Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rebelbuttmunch
4 Replies

6. Programming

memory leak problem

hi all Can any one plz explain me about memory leak problem Thankx (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonali
5 Replies

7. Programming

Memory Leak

Hi, I am trying a database server which keeps a B+ plus tree structure and works on it. I am trying to find the memory used/leak while executing this process. I check the memory leak by using ps uax command. When i execute a delete query i am sure that my code frees up the existing... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
9 Replies

8. Red Hat

Memory leak

Hi all I am using RED HAT 5.4, and i am getting memory uses problem. when i use "sync;echo 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_cache" command the memory will release after 2,3 hour memory show 95%. pls suggest right way. thanks (37 Replies)
Discussion started by: reply.ravi
37 Replies

9. Programming

Help regarding memory leak in this C program

I have written this code in C which reads a very large collection of text files and does some processing. The problem with this code is that there are memory leaks which I am not able to figure out as to where the problem is. When I run this code, and see the memory usage using top command, then I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shoaibjameel123
7 Replies
PURITY(6)                                                          Games Manual                                                          PURITY(6)

NAME
purity - a general purpose purity test SYNOPSIS
/usr/games/purity [ flags ] [ testname ] DESCRIPTION
Purity is an interactive purity test program with a simple, user interface and datafile format. For each test, questions are printed to the your terminal, and you are prompted for an answer to the current question. At a prompt, these are your choices: y Answer "yes" to the question. n Answer "no" to the question. b Backup one question, if you answered it incorrectly, or someone is watching you take the test, and you don't (or do) want to admit a different answer. r Redraw the current question. q Quit the test, and print the current score. ? Print a help screen for the current prompt. k Kill a section of the test. This skips all the questions of the test until the next subject heading. a Toggle answer mode between real answers and obfuscated answers. Real answers print "yes" and "no", while obfuscated answers are "Maybe" and "maybe". Obfuscated answers are preferred if you are shy, and don't want people to be able to read your answers over your shoulder as you take the test. d Toggle dERanGe output. s Print your current score on the test you are taking. l Toggle score logging. At the end of the test, your score is printed out. For most purity tests, lower scores denote more "experience" of the test material. FLAGS
These are the command line flags for the test. -a Show real answers (i.e. "yes" and "no") instead of obfuscated ones (i.e. "Maybe" and "maybe") as you answer the questions. -d PrINt THe tESt in DerANgeD pRInT. -f Take the test in fast mode. Only the questions are printed, and not any other text blocks, like the introdution, subject headers, and the conclusion. -l Take the test without having your score logged. -p Print the test without prompting for answers. This is useful for making hard copies of the tests without having to edit out the prompts by hand. -r Decrypt the test using the Rot 13 algorithm. This is done as a form of "protection", such that if you read a rot13 test and it offends you, it's your own fault. -z zoom through more prompts in large text blocks. The default is to prompt the user for more when a screenful of text has been printed without any user input. DATAFILE FORMAT
The format of the datafiles is a very simple format, intended such that new tests can quickly and easily be converted to run with the test. There are four types of text in a purity test datafile. Each type is contained in a bracket type of punctuation. The definitions are as follows: the styles of text blocks are: { plain text block } [ subject header ] ( test question ) and < conclusion > Plain text blocks are printed out character for character. Subject headers are preceded by their subject numbers, starting at 1, and then printed as text blocks. Questions are preceded by their numbers, and then prompt the user to answer the question, keeping track of the user's current score. Conclusions first calculate and print the user's score for the test, then print out the conclusion as a text block. If you wish to include any of the various bracket punctuation in your text, the backslash ("") character will escape the next character. To print a question with parentheses, you would use the following format: (have you ever written a purity test (like this one)?) the output would be this: 1. have you ever written a purity test (like this one)? and then it would have asked the user for her/his answer. For a generic datafile, use the "sample" datafile for the test. FILES
/var/games/purity.scores the score logfile /usr/share/games/purity/* test data files AUTHOR
Eric Lechner, lechner@ucscb.ucsc.edu 18 December 1989 PURITY(6)