Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers list file which is accessed yesterday Post 78093 by RTM on Friday 15th of July 2005 11:19:54 AM
Old 07-15-2005
And if you get an error with date -d, please post the OS and version you are using.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to check if a unix text file is being accessed?

I am writing a script that periodically reads in data from a text file. The only issue is that, that text file is periodically updated (appended to) by another script. I am using perl in UNIX environment. How can I check if that text file is being accessed, so I can wait until it is no longer being... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rickylui
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to know which login file is being accessed

when unix is logged in it access some login file depending on the shell like .cshrc , .login , .vimrc , .bashrc how can we know which is being access in a perticular unix flavor. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: useless79
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can we get the list of users who accessed a file

Hi all, I will thankful if anybody helps me in finding out the users who accessed any of our files. Thanks in advance Chanakya (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chanakya.m
2 Replies

5. AIX

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varungupta
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

File Accessed Alarm ??

Hey, I want to ask a simple Question.... How would I be able to come to know that files/directoires in a Parent directory has been accessed (means contents of the file has been just viewed) by the user(s) in a group ? and mail the name(s) of those files/directories which has been accessed... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
16 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

check if file is being accessed by any application

Hello, is there maybe a way to check if a specific file is being accessed at the moment? Example: You will start copying a 10 GB file from A to B, how could I code it so my script actually knows when file B is finished copying? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: TehOne
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find out last 5 users who have accessed a file?

Hi All, is there any command or script to find out last five users who have accessed a file thanks jcpratap (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jcpratap
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File shows in ls but cannot be accessed

I can do an ls -l CD* and see the following CDTEST userA RW RW R and I an logged on as userA. But if I do an ls -l the file does not appear. If I do a vi CDTEST it tries to create a new file named CDTEST. If I do a mv or rm I get the message no file of name CDTEST found. Any idea what is going on.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeeT
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file that are accessed less than 10 minutes in a directory

Hi All,, I need to find the latest files that are accessed less than 10mins in a particular directory & send those files in an attachment. I could use the below simple one. But if the directory was not updated any recently i could mail the old file again, i need to eliminate that.. What shld... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeevitha
8 Replies
Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)

NAME
Date::Manip::Migration5to6 - how to upgrade from 5.xx to 6.00 SYNOPSIS
When upgrading from Date::Manip 5.xx to 6.00, a few changes may be necessary to your scripts. The Date::Manip::Changes5to6 document lists in more detail the ways in which Date::Manip changed, but very few of these actually entail changes to your script. It should be noted that once the changes are made to your script, it will no longer run correctly in 5.xx. NECESSARY AND SUGGESTED CHANGES
The following changes are necessary, or strongly suggested: Reading config files with Date_Init If you use Date_Init to read any config files (if you do business mode calculations, you probably do), you should remove all of the following config variables from your call to Date_Init: GlobalCnf=FILE PersonalCnf=FILE PathSep=* IgnoreGlobalCnf=* PersonalCnfPath=* and replace them with: ConfigFile=FILE where FILE is now the full path to a config file. Also, the ConfigFile argument should be the first argument in Date_Init. Date_ConvTZ The Date_ConvTZ function has changed. It should now take 3 arguments: $date = Date_ConvTZ($date,$from,$to); If $from is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. If $to is not given, it defaults to the local time zone. The date is converted from the $from time zone into the $to time zone. Both should be any time zone (or alias) supported by Date::Manip. The old $errlevel argument is no longer handled. ConvTZ and TZ config variables If you use either the ConvTZ or TZ config variables, you should replace them with either SetDate or ForceDate. See the Date::Manip::Config document for information. Other deprecated config variables Most of the deprecated config variables continue to function (though they will be removed at a future date). These include: GlobalCnf IgnoreGlobalCnf PersonalCnf PersonalCnfPath PathSep TZ Internal The following variables have been removed. If you use any of them, you may need to modify your scripts: ConvTZ TodayIsMidnight DeltaSigns UpdateCurrTZ today, yesterday, tomorrow If you parse the strings "today", "yesterday", or "tomorrow" in order to get the time now, or 24 hours in the past/future, this will no longer work. These strings now refer strictly to the date (so "today" is the current day at midnight, "yesterday" is the previous day at midnight, etc.). To get the time now, 24 hours ago, or 24 hours in the future, you would need to parse the strings "now", "-24:00:00", or "+24:00:00" respectively. Do not use Memoize In 5.xx, it was documented that you could use the module Memoize to speed up Date::Manip, especially when sorting dates. This information is no longer accurate. Using Memoize in conjuction with Date::Manip should have little impact on performance, and may lead to incorrect results, especially if you change config variables. Please see the Date::Manip::Changes5to6 (GENERAL CHANGES) document for more information. If you find other instances where it is necessary to modify your script, please email me so that I can add that information to this document. BUGS AND QUESTIONS
Please refer to the Date::Manip::Problems documentation for information on submitting bug reports or questions to the author. SEE ALSO
Date::Manip - main module documentation LICENSE
This script is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. AUTHOR
Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org) perl v5.12.1 2010-01-12 Date::Manip::Migration5to6(3)