Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: inodes???
Operating Systems Solaris inodes??? Post 77979 by pressy on Thursday 14th of July 2005 09:46:08 AM
Old 07-14-2005
that's for ufs:
ex:
Code:
# df -F ufs -o i
Filesystem             iused   ifree  %iused  Mounted on
/dev/md/dsk/d0         78853 1222395     6%   /
/dev/md/dsk/d4          7638  645930     1%   /var
/dev/md/dsk/d5          6043 1295205     0%   /opt

gP

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

INodes...

Could someone please explain to me the concept of INodes? Colour me a DOS/MacOS junkie, but I don't quite understand. Is there any relation to clusters, or physical distro.? ty. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
3 Replies

2. Solaris

inodes

hi i need to find all the files that r linked to the current file as i need to delete the file as well as few of its links :confused: thnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inodes

how is the location of inodes in the physical disk. are they sequential like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|inode2| ....| datablock1|datablock2|datablock3 or are they distributed among data blocks like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|datablock1|inode2|datablock2|datablock3|inode3 |datablock4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

4. Linux

Inodes

Any good sites, tutorials that explain Inodes clearly and completely ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Number of used inodes..?

Hello Experts How can i know Number of used and free inodes in a file system? thanx in advance.. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Increasing inodes

Hi , Can someone help me to increase "inode" in solaris 9? Thanks in advance, Gowtham (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inodes

Hi, sorry to have written in other language i think i could do that. I would to know A file system use inodes indexed allocation as a method of allocating space. In the inode blocks are 10 references to direct, 1 indirect reference to a single block, 1 block indirect reference to a reference to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryprin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

/var: out of inodes

Dear Forum, Please help me i have SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 with sun solaris 8,if i check inode in /var like below: # df -F ufs -o i Filesystem iused ifree %iused Mounted on /dev/md/dsk/d0 62354 310638 17% / /dev/md/dsk/d3 372992 0 100% /var... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredginting
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Inodes please

How can i trace Inode structure and modify it in UNIX kernel? We want to change the inode structure in the sense that we want to add a new field to the inode data structure. So we want to know how and where to trace inode (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Group_Inode
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Maximum inodes

Hi, Is there a restriction in the number of inodes a particular directory can have in Solaris. If so how can we determine that. Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: @bhi
3 Replies
FREEZE_SUPER(9) 						   The Linux VFS						   FREEZE_SUPER(9)

NAME
freeze_super - lock the filesystem and force it into a consistent state SYNOPSIS
int freeze_super(struct super_block * sb); ARGUMENTS
sb the super to lock DESCRIPTION
Syncs the super to make sure the filesystem is consistent and calls the fs's freeze_fs. Subsequent calls to this without first thawing the fs will return -EBUSY. During this function, sb->s_writers.frozen goes through these values: SB_UNFROZEN File system is normal, all writes progress as usual. SB_FREEZE_WRITE The file system is in the process of being frozen. New writes should be blocked, though page faults are still allowed. We wait for all writes to complete and then proceed to the next stage. SB_FREEZE_PAGEFAULT Freezing continues. Now also page faults are blocked but internal fs threads can still modify the filesystem (although they should not dirty new pages or inodes), writeback can run etc. After waiting for all running page faults we sync the filesystem which will clean all dirty pages and inodes (no new dirty pages or inodes can be created when sync is running). SB_FREEZE_FS The file system is frozen. Now all internal sources of fs modification are blocked (e.g. XFS preallocation truncation on inode reclaim). This is usually implemented by blocking new transactions for filesystems that have them and need this additional guard. After all internal writers are finished we call ->freeze_fs to finish filesystem freezing. Then we transition to SB_FREEZE_COMPLETE state. This state is mostly auxiliary for filesystems to verify they do not modify frozen fs. sb->s_writers.frozen is protected by sb->s_umount. COPYRIGHT
Kernel Hackers Manual 3.10 June 2014 FREEZE_SUPER(9)