Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting SQL scripts not running, possible timeout issue? Post 77973 by E2004 on Thursday 14th of July 2005 09:23:44 AM
Old 07-14-2005
MMB,

I appologize for the delayed response. I tried nohup and with the first run, the job only produced the first file. That was the procedure that took 2 1/2 hours to run. I checked the log file and I saw 'terminated' in there. Couldn't figure out why that occured. I then modified the shell script to run the longest job last and that seemed to work. All three files ran. I'm not sure why switching the job worked one way over the other but I'm glad it worked.

Thanks for your help,
Eric

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running SQL Scripts from Shell script - Need insight!

I've a script that fetches various values from the database as below: #! /bin/ksh $conn="user/pwd@service_name" `sqlplus -s << $conn EOF1 @xyz.sql @pqr.sql @abc.sql EOF1` The output of the script should generate txt files containing the results from queries which are further... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manthasirisha
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running Sql scripts accross db2

Hi, I would be really thankful, if anyone could help me out with this,since i am very new to this shell scripting. I have 6 sql scripts that i am trying to run in unix across db2. i want the scripts to be executed as follows, script_1 should be executed first. Then... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnimz
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How should I add a timeout to my scripts?

I am running several tcsh scripts in the crontab of my workstation for acquiring, processing and visualizing data. Some of the quicklooks generated by these scripts are automatically copied to an intranet page. However, I just found out that I have currently about 50 (old) scripts still running... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SharkM
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

KSH script SQL timeout issue

Hi all, I have a KSH script which is kicking off an sql scripts as follows: /usr/local/installs/instantclient_10_2/sqlplus -s username/password @$sql_path/sql_query.sql > $tmp_path/sql_query_results The problem I have is that sometimes the 10g Oracle Database spits out an error saying... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Donkey25
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Call parallel sql scripts from shell and return status when both sql are done

Hi Experts: I have a shell script that's kicked off by cron. Inside this shell script, I need to kick off two or more oracle sql scripts to process different groups of tables. And when both sql scripts are done, I will continue in the shell script to do other things like checking processing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: huasheng8
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Running scripts in parallel that issue prompt

Hi all - I am totally stuck here :wall I have been asked to write a shell script that does a few little things and then reads from a config file and kicks off an instance of another script, say scriptB.ksh for each line in the config file. These should all be run in parallel. This is all fine but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sjmolloy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue in SQL Loader scripts

Hi, I'm planning to load the data from FLAT files into tables. Source file: more input.txt LRNO|Bale|Horsepower|NumberOfBarges|BollardPull|NumberOfCars|GasCapacity|GrainCapacity|IndicatedHorsepower|LiquidCapacity|... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyamu544
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with SUNOS running sed scripts

Hi I probably dont have GNU extended sed in my SUNOS . and its creating lot of problems ex: a simple sed command like this is not working sed '/WORD/ a\ sample text line 1 \ sample text line 1 ' filename sed: command garbled: /WORD/ a I took precaution to have a new line after... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: vash
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with quotes when running SQL command from within su -c

RHEL 6.2/Bash shell root user will be executing the below script. It switches to oracle user logs in using sqlplus and tries to run the below UPDATE statement. All the commands after su -c are enclosed in a single quote delimited by semicolon. The execution has failed because the quotes... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
3 Replies

10. Solaris

Primary key issue when running Oracle sql file

I got a issue with running the following script below if I remove the inserts and alter table the tables will install just fine but if I try and do the full thing in one go i get the below error dose any one have any ideas on this problem? its got me spinning, thanks. REM REM List of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Wpgn
1 Replies
disown(1)							   User Commands							 disown(1)

NAME
disown - ksh93 built-in function to disassociate a job with the current shell SYNOPSIS
disown [job ...] DESCRIPTION
The ksh93 disown command prevents the current shell from sending a HUP signal to each of the specified jobs when the current shell termi- nates a login session. If job is omitted, disown sends the HUP signal to the most recently started or stopped background job. OPERANDS
The following operands are supported: job Specifies the job or jobs on which disown operates. Specify job as one of the following: number Refers to a process ID. -number Refers to a process group ID. %number Refers to a job number. %string Refers to a job whose name begins with string. %?string Refers to a job whose name contains string. %+ or %% Refers to the current job. %- Refers to the previous job. EXIT STATUS
0 Successful completion. >0 One or more specified jobs does not exist. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Disowning a Job The following example disowns job 1: example% disown %1 AUTHORS
David Korn, dgk@research.att.com ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Uncommitted | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
bg(1), jobs(1), ksh93(1), wait(1), attributes(5) SunOS 5.11 18 Apr 2007 disown(1)