Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Printing a number of copies of a txt file Post 77938 by stebradshaw on Thursday 14th of July 2005 02:40:18 AM
Old 07-14-2005
Checked, we are using AIX print subsystem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

question about printing number of lines in a file

as the title, I had try use "wc -l test.txt" but it give me "<many spaces> 384 test.txt" but the result I want is just "384" could any person can help me that? Thx:( (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: a8111978
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

lp not printing multiple copies

I'm trying to print multiple copies of a file on sun solaris 8 with the lp -n command to no avail. No matter what numeric value I supply -n, I still only get 1 copy of the file printed. The command I'm using is 'lp -d SNY_IT5000-2 -n2 file' The printer is an HP Laserjet 4000 with a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

3. AIX

Printing multiple copies via remote queue

Hi all, I have an interesting problem. Using remote queues to print using jetdirect printers I am unable to get a printer to print multiple copies of a print job. command being used: lpr -P -#3 ./test (one copy prints) Also tried: enq -P -C3 ./test (same results) Any ideas? ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luck
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Printing Multiple Copies

Has anyone come accross and solved an issue where only 1 copy of a doc prints after you use the -n flag and specify more then 1. My exact syntax is lp -dprintername -n3 documentname enq command does same thing. Both commands show the 3 copies in the queue but only 1 ever prints I am using AIX... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: capeme
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Get the number from the txt file

Hello Guy, I have the following information in the sample.txt, can i get the number and output into sample2.txt - - - - - - - - - - - - - ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: happyv
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh program that finds the lowest number in a .txt file

i am having a problem finding the lowest number after punching in a bunch of numbers in the .txt file but its probably the way i have the code set up. help please! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tinsteer
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to generate random number as as the first column of a txt file

Dear all, I have a question. I have a txt file say 4000 rows X 1800 Column. I 'd like to creat a new column as the first column which is a column of random numbers (n=4000) thanks a lot! Lin (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevertl
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in printing n number of lines if a search string matches in a file

Hi I have below script which is used to grep specific errors and if error string matches send an email alert. Script is working fine , however , i wish to print next 10 lines of the string match to get the details of error in the email alert Current code:- #!/bin/bash tail -Fn0 --retry... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: neha0785
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux Commands needed for replacing variable number of spaces with a single , in a txt file

Hi I want to read a text file and replace various number of spaces between each string in to a single "," or any other character .Please let me know the command to do so. My input file is a txt file which is the output of a SQL table extract so it contains so many spaces between each column of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari Prasanth
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Split a txt file on the basis of line number

I have to split a file containing 100 lines to 5 files say from lines ,1-20 ,21-30 ,31-40 ,51-60 ,61-100 Here is i can do it for 2 file but how to handle it for more than 2 files awk 'NR < 21{ print >> "a"; next } {print >> "b" }' $input_file Please advidse. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhaydas
4 Replies