Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tell UW-Imap to read /var/mail/mailbox ?? Post 77908 by d11wtq on Wednesday 13th of July 2005 06:26:22 PM
Old 07-13-2005
Maybe I should be asking a different question...

What tools do I need to have multiple mailboxes for multiple domains on the same hardware? Like a shared server, expect all the accounts are mine.

I cant find any way to get UW-IMAP to accept a login from users other than those who have shell access.

Example: I actually have an account on a shared now and I have an email address mail@mydomain.com...

UW-IMAP would try to interpret the "mail" portion as the "mail" user on my system but somehow my host authenticates me as "mail+mydomain.com".... how have they done that? It can't be an alias in /etc/aliases for the fact that if somebody on the same server had mail@theirdomain.com it wouldn't work.

I don't mind if I have to add UNIX system users to acheive this... but I'd have to put the home dirs somewhere tidier than /home... like /srv/mail/user and somehow avoid isses with usernames matching usernames from other domains on same server.

Thanks in advance Smilie

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

READING mail from /var/mail/user

Hello guys, I'm in desperate need. I need to write a script that behaves like a "mail" shell program. I've a base of the program -menu and so on, but what I cannot do is how to read messages from /var/mail/user. I would like to separate them as "mail" program does, but I;m just a newbie and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: petoSVK
21 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read mail in /var/spool/mail?

How can I read mail sent to /var/spool/mail? I do not have pine installed so forget about that...is there some generic utility I can use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limiting User mailbox size in /var/spool

How can one limit the size of user mailboxes in /var/spool/mail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Read html attachment from /var/mail

Hi, I am receiving an email to the server with a html attachment. When I check the /var/mail the attachment is showing as junk characters. I want to move that html file to a particular location in that server. Please help me. Regards Neethu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)					     curl_easy_setopt options					      CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)

NAME
CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM - SMTP sender address SYNOPSIS
#include <curl/curl.h> CURLcode curl_easy_setopt(CURL *handle, CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM, char *from); DESCRIPTION
Pass a pointer to a zero terminated string as parameter. This should be used to specify the sender's email address when sending SMTP mail with libcurl. An originator email address should be specified with angled brackets (<>) around it, which if not specified will be added automatically. If this parameter is not specified then an empty address will be sent to the mail server which may cause the email to be rejected. The application does not have to keep the string around after setting this option. DEFAULT
blank PROTOCOLS
SMTP EXAMPLE
TODO AVAILABILITY
Added in 7.20.0 RETURN VALUE
Returns CURLE_OK if the option is supported, CURLE_UNKNOWN_OPTION if not, or CURLE_OUT_OF_MEMORY if there was insufficient heap space. SEE ALSO
CURLOPT_MAIL_RCPT(3), CURLOPT_MAIL_AUTH(3), libcurl 7.54.0 December 21, 2016 CURLOPT_MAIL_FROM(3)