Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: user acct expiration
Operating Systems Solaris user acct expiration Post 77905 by Perderabo on Wednesday 13th of July 2005 05:50:54 PM
Old 07-13-2005
What's wrong with
passwd -s -a

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help using acct

Hi everybody, I'm Sun Solaris, I have problems on figuring out how i can start acct in unix. I understand how this accounting write in a file in /var/adm/wtmp. And with "acctcom -b " shows end part of all commands that were written in it. And "accton" shuts off this reporting. My question how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peterh
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

new pine user on pop3 acct

I recently started using unix in osx,and loving it! I am now wanting to use pine for email. I installed it using fink and besides it not being the most updated version, it seems to work fine, except that every message I erase seems to come back everytime I log in. It is a pop3 account. I have also... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: larrinski
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

possible to lock accounts (passwd -l) and still allow acct to ssh to other server?

My scenario is as follows: We have a handful of batch accounts that run our production jobs. Our users are able to use sudo to become that account. Also, because of other reasons, the passwords are also listed in an encrypted file that each team can see their batch ID. So, I have some users... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpolikowsky
5 Replies

4. Solaris

Expiration date of user account

Hi, How to check user account expiration account in user mode for SunOS 5.10? In Linux I can use chage command. I googled for answer for the problem but it was useless. Oskar (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: oskard
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to write a shellscript to send a mail alert to the website user based on license expiration time

hi, i am very much new to shell scripting i have a requirement that i have to develop a License Renewal Alert system that has to give a alert mail to the users before 30days of user account expiration, by checking expiration date of the user with the data base, this system will... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepu_Shscripts
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing a script that do internal grep on a log file..and extract acct no's from it..

I need to write a script, which takes the input a log file and create output file with acct no's line by line from selected records with text like (in red) : 18:51:18 | 217863|Acct 0110855565|RC 17608| 16 Subs| 1596 UsgRecs| 2 Secs| 430 CPUms| prmis2:26213 <MoveUsage d aemon needs to run... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rkrish
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run query in loop for all acct nbr in a file..

I have a txt file with contents of acct nbr's like: 22222222222 33333333333 33445566778 I need to write a script which takes each acct nbr in the file and run the query like: select seq_nbr from event where acct_nbr='22222222222' and the query's output should be passed to a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to run query in loop for all acct nbr in a file..

I have a txt file with contents of acct nbr's like: 22222222222 33333333333 33445566778 I need to write a script which takes each acct nbr in the file and run the query like: select seq_nbr from event where acct_nbr='22222222222' and the query's output should be passed to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajesh Putnala
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to check password expiration date of particular user?

Hi Guys, I am new to HP-UX and want to find expiration date of particular user please also note i don't have root access on that server. for e.g. i have user abc on my HP box and want to know when its password going to expire and also when its password changed last time. I also try to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Yasin Rakhangi
7 Replies

10. UNIX and Linux Applications

User account expiration notification

Dear Concern, Is there any built in tool/application/command available for Linux user account expiration notification purpose. With Best Regards, Md. Abdullah-Al Kauser (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: makauser
2 Replies
lchage(1)						      General Commands Manual							 lchage(1)

NAME
lchage - Display or change user password policy SYNOPSIS
lchage [OPTION]... user DESCRIPTION
Displays or allows changing password policy of user. OPTIONS
-d, --date=days Set the date of last password change to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration (i.e. to ignore --mindays, and --maxdays and related settings). Set days to 0 to enforce password change on next login. (This also disables password expiration until the password is changed.) -E, --expire=days Set the account expiration date to days after Jan 1 1970. Set days to -1 to disable account expiration. -i, --interactive Ask all questions when connecting to the user database, even if default answers are set up in libuser configuration. -I, --inactive=days Disable the account after days after password expires (after the user is required to change the password). Set days to -1 to keep the account enabled indefinitely after password expiration. -l, --list Only list current user's policy and make no changes. -m, --mindays=days Require at least days days between password changes. Set days to 0 or -1 to disable this requirement. If this value is larger than the value set by --maxdays, the user cannot change the pasword. -M, --maxdays=days Require changing the password after days since last password change. Set days to -1 to disable password expiration. -W, --warndays=days Start warning the user days before password expires (before the user is required to change the password). Set days to 0 or -1 to disable the warning. EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error. NOTES
Note that "account expiration" (set by --expire) is distinct from "password expiration" (set by --maxdays). Account expiration happens on a fixed date regardless of password changes. Password expiration is relative to the date of last password change. libuser Nov 8 2012 lchage(1)