Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: syslog error
Special Forums IP Networking syslog error Post 7788 by Deuce on Tuesday 2nd of October 2001 07:53:29 AM
Old 10-02-2001
syslog error

I checked my syslog for errors and the error I got was

alert;kern.err;daemon.err

I know the error deals with the daemon but I don't know exactly what it means.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Explorer causing syslog error

Hi there, I have upgraded my explorer (SUNWexplo) on a solaris 10 Sparc box from version 3.4 to the latest version (5.5) . However im a little concerned, whenever I run the new explorer either manually or scheduled, I get a syslog event as follows 1 in 0:08:31: Sep 22 17:00:15 fmy.machine.com... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
8 Replies

2. HP-UX

How to Redirect the error messages from Syslog file to our own Application Log File

Hello, I am New to Unix. I am Using HP-UX 9000 Series for my Application. I am Currently Facing an Issue that the error messages are being written in the syslog file instead of the Application Log File. The Codes for that Syslog.h is written in Pro*C. I want to know how to Redirect these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balasubramaniam
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

help with syslog error

hi guys need help with the syslog error that i encounter with our sever. please see attached screenshot. hope you could help me. thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gob23g
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Getting error messages in syslog in HP-UX

Hi, I'm using HP-UX 11.11 on HP9000/800 PA-RISC system.I am getting the below messages daily in /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log file.Can someone help me out in this regard, why I am getting this messages & how to resolve it. I am using SSH version(HP-UX Secure Shell-A.04.20.004) Messages: Nov 26... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike1234
2 Replies

5. Programming

error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog

When I compile this i get the following error "error: expected declaration specifiers or '...' before syslog" #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <string.h> #include <errno.h> #define __LIBRARY__ #include <linux/unistd.h> /* define the system call, to override the library... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dragonpoint
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

7. Solaris

picld error in syslog

All, I'm getting the following error in syslog when picld starts up: Jul 22 13:07:15 adl0845 picld: ld.so.1: picld: fatal: libpri.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory And I look, and lo, there is no such file. Despite the word 'fatal', picld is still running. On other systems, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: james.dean
2 Replies

8. AIX

Error messages in syslog

Hi, Can you please look into the below errors from syslog in AIX? And let me know is this a issue? How can I avoid these errors with out affecting my LPAR. Detail Data SYSLOG MESSAGE <27>Aug 23 08:24:28 syslog: slp: 0660-084 The SA failed to decode and compute received message:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf?

Hi Community Which are the available entries to forward syslog in syslog.conf i have put *.err;kern.debug;daemon.notice;mail.crit;user.alert;user.emerg;kern.notice;auth.notice;kern.warning @172.16.200.50 and it's not going through.giving error message like below: syslogd:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
2 Replies

10. AIX

Cannot send syslog event from AIX 6.1 to RHEL Syslog server

Hi everyone, I am trying to configure AIX 6.1 using syslogd to send syslog event to syslog server configured on RHEL. However, RHEL never receives the events. I have tried to redirect the syslog event on AIX to a local file and successful. Only forwarding to remote server fails. Firewall... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael_hoang
10 Replies
gnutls_error_to_alert(3)					      gnutls						  gnutls_error_to_alert(3)

NAME
gnutls_error_to_alert - return an alert code based on the given error code SYNOPSIS
#include <gnutls/gnutls.h> int gnutls_error_to_alert(int err, int * level); ARGUMENTS
int err is a negative integer int * level the alert level will be stored there DESCRIPTION
Get an alert depending on the error code returned by a gnutls function. All alerts sent by this function should be considered fatal. The only exception is when err is GNUTLS_E_REHANDSHAKE, where a warning alert should be sent to the peer indicating that no renegotiation will be performed. If there is no mapping to a valid alert the alert to indicate internal error is returned. RETURNS
the alert code to use for a particular error code. REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <bug-gnutls@gnu.org>. GnuTLS home page: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnutls/ General help using GNU software: http://www.gnu.org/gethelp/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2008 Free Software Foundation. Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification, are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright notice and this notice are preserved. SEE ALSO
The full documentation for gnutls is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and gnutls programs are properly installed at your site, the command info gnutls should give you access to the complete manual. gnutls 2.8.6 gnutls_error_to_alert(3)