Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Tell UW-Imap to read /var/mail/mailbox ?? Post 77823 by d11wtq on Wednesday 13th of July 2005 07:23:15 AM
Old 07-13-2005
OK I got it working:

It works with /home/username/mbox as the file to use in exim's configuration.
Considering I have 3 domains mapped my server, each with 5 or 6 mail account I dont want to create 15 directories in /home/ purely for the mbox files.

From what I've read I will need to change the C source code before I compile it - Considering how Universal UW-Imap is... this surprises me.

CPanel uses UW_IMAP and they can have many many accounts for many many domains... I wonder what their /usr/exim/configure file looks like and how UW-IMAP is set up to read folders such as

/home/username/Mail/account/INBOX
/home/username/Mail/account/INBOX.Sent
/home/username/Mail/account/INBOX.Trash

/home/username/Mail/account2/INBOX
/home/username/Mail/account2/INBOX.Sent

etc etc...

:-S

I log into each accoutn with a different username of course... i just want more flexibility about where the files can be stored.

By the way... is Unix for Dummies a suitable forums for this or is it considered technical?

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix IMAP e-mail via Outlook showing +10 hours

Multiple users at my work are connecting to a UNIX IMAP e- mail server via Outlook 2003 that is creating a small problem. Random new e-mails repeat themselves up to 3 times with an additional 10 hours added to them of when the original arrived. i.e Original e-mail marked arrived at 10:00am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkady
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

READING mail from /var/mail/user

Hello guys, I'm in desperate need. I need to write a script that behaves like a "mail" shell program. I've a base of the program -menu and so on, but what I cannot do is how to read messages from /var/mail/user. I would like to separate them as "mail" program does, but I;m just a newbie and... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: petoSVK
21 Replies

3. Solaris

how to forward mail in /var/mail/username to external mail

Dear All, Now I use solaris 10 and I try to forward mail from /var/mail/username to their external mail so what should I do? thank u in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I read mail in /var/spool/mail?

How can I read mail sent to /var/spool/mail? I do not have pine installed so forget about that...is there some generic utility I can use? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Limiting User mailbox size in /var/spool

How can one limit the size of user mailboxes in /var/spool/mail? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

moving mail between IMAP folders

Hello all, I have a Cyrus IMAP server running on HP-UX. I have a requirement to run a script every night at midnight, which will take all the mail (read and unread mail) from one IMAP folder, and move it into a different IMAP folder. Both the source and destination IMAP folders belong to the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lupin..the..3rd
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

[SOLVED] Read html attachment from /var/mail

Hi, I am receiving an email to the server with a html attachment. When I check the /var/mail the attachment is showing as junk characters. I want to move that html file to a particular location in that server. Please help me. Regards Neethu (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neethu
4 Replies
IMAP_REOPEN(3)								 1							    IMAP_REOPEN(3)

imap_reopen - ReopenIMAPstream to new mailbox

SYNOPSIS
bool imap_reopen (resource $imap_stream, string $mailbox, [int $options], [int $n_retries]) DESCRIPTION
Reopens the specified stream to a new $mailbox on an IMAP or NNTP server. PARAMETERS
o $ imap_stream -An IMAP stream returned by imap_open(3). o $mailbox - The mailbox name, see imap_open(3) for more information o $options - The $options are a bit mask with one or more of the following: o OP_READONLY - Open mailbox read-only o OP_ANONYMOUS - Don't use or update a .newsrc for news (NNTP only) o OP_HALFOPEN - For IMAP and NNTP names, open a connection but don't open a mailbox. o OP_EXPUNGE - Silently expunge recycle stream o CL_EXPUNGE - Expunge mailbox automatically upon mailbox close (see also imap_delete(3) and imap_expunge(3)) o $n_retries - Number of maximum connect attempts RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE if the stream is reopened, FALSE otherwise. CHANGELOG
+--------+------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+------------------+ | 5.2.0 | | | | | | | $n_retries added | | | | +--------+------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 imap_reopen(3) example <?php $mbox = imap_open("{imap.example.org:143}INBOX", "username", "password") or die(implode(", ", imap_errors())); // ... imap_reopen($mbox, "{imap.example.org:143}INBOX.Sent") or die(implode(", ", imap_errors())); // .. ?> PHP Documentation Group IMAP_REOPEN(3)