Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to create a grid file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a grid file Post 77715 by mbb on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 09:07:43 AM
Old 07-12-2005
You could do this in awk, but that may not be necessary. It is possible to do this in sh/ksh as well.

When you say 'better' what exactly do you mean? A solution in awk is perfectly valid.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python tkinter grid problem?

There seems to be some problem with the grid geometry manager, or maybe its just my syntax thats incorrect. Im using Python 2.3.4. My problem is that even when I use the sticky='news' option in any grid method, it just doesnt work period. For example, the following code gives be a window with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRCoder!
0 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello, I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN. Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk getting statistics of a grid file,

Hi , I have the following file which is basically a grid (has more than 100000 rows) LLL1 PPP1 LLL1 PPP2 LLL1 PPP3 ............... LLL1 5500 ..... LLL2 PPP1 LLL2 PPP2 LLL2 PPP3 ............... LLL1 5500 ..... L100 PPP1 L100 PPP2 L100 PPP3 ............... 2100 5500... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
6 Replies
wml::std::grid(3)						     EN Tools							 wml::std::grid(3)

NAME
wml::std::grid - Layout Grid SYNOPSIS
#use wml::std::grid <grid [attributes]> <cell [attributes]>...</cell> : <cell [attributes]>...</cell> </grid> DESCRIPTION
The "<grid>" container tag provides a mixture between a HTML table and a TeX-like way of specifying its dimensions and the alignment of its cells. ATTRIBUTES
First the possible attributes for "<grid>": "summary" This attribute will be inserted into the "table" tag, see documentation of HTML 4.0 for details on why this attribute is recommended. "layout" This specifies the layout of the grid in X and Y dimension, i.e. "3x2" means 3 columns (x-dimension) and 2 rows (y-dimension). Default is "1x"NCELL where NCELL is the number of cell tags or in other words: Default is a top-down list. "align" This specifies the horizontal alignment of the cells in a row. The argument has to contain as many characters as there are cells in a row. The supported alignment characters are `"l"' (left), `"r"' (right) and `"c"' (center). Default is `"l...l"' (as much "l"'s as there are cells in a row). "valign" This specifies the vertical alignment of the cells in a column. The argument has to contain as many characters as there are cells in a column. The supported alignment characters are `"t"' (top), `"b"' (bottom) and `"m"' (middle). Default is `"t...t"' (as much "t"'s as there are cells in a column). "width" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<table>" tag. Use it to set the width of the grid. Default is no specified width. "spacing" This is the corresponding attribute to "cellspacing" of the HTML "<table>" tag. Use it to set the spacing of cells in the grid, i.e. the space around the content of each cell. Default is 0 (no space). "padding" This is the corresponding attribute to "<cellpadding>" of the HTML "<table>" tag. Use it to set the padding between cells in the grid, i.e. the inter-cell space. Default is 0 (no space). "border" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<table>" tag. Use it to set the border width of the grid. Default is 0 (no border). "bgcolor" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<table>" tag. Use it to set the background color of the grid. Default is no specified color. "color" This sets the foreground (text) color of the grid's contents. Actually this sets the default for the same attribute of "<cell>". Default is no specified color. Second the possible attributes for "<cell>": "align" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to set the horizontal alignment of the cell's contents. Default is taken from the same attribute of "<grid>". "valign" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to set the vertical alignment of the cell's contents. Default is taken from the same attribute of "<grid>". "bgcolor" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to set the background color of a particular cell. Default is no specified color. "color" This sets the foreground (text) color of the cell's contents. This is done via the HTML "<font>" tag. Default is no specified color or the color from the same attribute of "<grid>". "rowspan" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to span a cell over more then one row of the grid. Default is 1 row. "colspan" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to span a cell over more then one column of the grid. Default is 1 column. "width" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to set the width of the cell. Default is no specified width. "height" This is the corresponding attribute of the HTML "<td>" tag. Use it to set the height of the cell. Default is no specified height. EXAMPLE
<grid bgcolor="#000000" color="#ffffff" layout="3x2" align="llr" valign="tm"> <cell>A</cell> <cell>B</cell> <cell>C</cell> <cell>D</cell> <cell>E</cell> <cell>F</cell> </grid> AUTHOR
Ralf S. Engelschall rse@engelschall.com www.engelschall.com REQUIRES
Internal: P1, P2, P3, P5 External: -- SEE ALSO
HTML <"table">-tag. EN Tools 2014-04-16 wml::std::grid(3)