Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: How to create a grid file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to create a grid file Post 77715 by mbb on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 09:07:43 AM
Old 07-12-2005
You could do this in awk, but that may not be necessary. It is possible to do this in sh/ksh as well.

When you say 'better' what exactly do you mean? A solution in awk is perfectly valid.

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python tkinter grid problem?

There seems to be some problem with the grid geometry manager, or maybe its just my syntax thats incorrect. Im using Python 2.3.4. My problem is that even when I use the sticky='news' option in any grid method, it just doesnt work period. For example, the following code gives be a window with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: SRCoder!
0 Replies

2. AIX

GRID containers technology

Hi forum, I am aware that on Hp-Superdome technology (Blade Servers) is avaliable while on Solaris GRID technology is the latest in the market. I would like to know if similar high end technology is also available for AIX ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dheram
1 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Grid vs. Parallel vs. Distributed

Hello all, I was wondering if someone could either explain or maybe point me to another article somewhere that explains the difference between: distributed computing grid computing parallel computing I see these terms thrown around a lot in server and cluster environments, but I'd like a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
2 Replies

4. High Performance Computing

how to do GRID COMPUTING?

Hello, I want to know how to combine the processing power of given 2 FEDORA machines in LAN. Can you please tell me the commands,etc used to perform such an operations.Can you please give me the links where I can find more info on this topic. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsharath
5 Replies

5. High Performance Computing

Alternative to Sun Grid Engine

Does anybody know of a good alternative to Sun Grid Engine? It seems that Oracle is now charging for this software. I am running a HPC cluster that has Solaris 10 machines and I am adding some nodes that will be running Ubuntu 10.04, eventually the Solaris machines will be migrating to Ubuntu. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk getting statistics of a grid file,

Hi , I have the following file which is basically a grid (has more than 100000 rows) LLL1 PPP1 LLL1 PPP2 LLL1 PPP3 ............... LLL1 5500 ..... LLL2 PPP1 LLL2 PPP2 LLL2 PPP3 ............... LLL1 5500 ..... L100 PPP1 L100 PPP2 L100 PPP3 ............... 2100 5500... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
6 Replies
English(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					      English(3pm)

NAME
English - use nice English (or awk) names for ugly punctuation variables SYNOPSIS
use English; use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; # Avoids regex performance penalty # in perl 5.16 and earlier ... if ($ERRNO =~ /denied/) { ... } DESCRIPTION
This module provides aliases for the built-in variables whose names no one seems to like to read. Variables with side-effects which get triggered just by accessing them (like $0) will still be affected. For those variables that have an awk version, both long and short English alternatives are provided. For example, the $/ variable can be referred to either $RS or $INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR if you are using the English module. See perlvar for a complete list of these. PERFORMANCE
NOTE: This was fixed in perl 5.20. Mentioning these three variables no longer makes a speed difference. This section still applies if your code is to run on perl 5.18 or earlier. This module can provoke sizeable inefficiencies for regular expressions, due to unfortunate implementation details. If performance matters in your application and you don't need $PREMATCH, $MATCH, or $POSTMATCH, try doing use English qw( -no_match_vars ) ; . It is especially important to do this in modules to avoid penalizing all applications which use them. perl v5.18.2 2014-01-06 English(3pm)