Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers shellscript for finding and replacing in DG-UNIX Post 77707 by vino on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 08:12:47 AM
Old 07-12-2005
True.

Write the whole sed command in your /u1/excel/consultants with required modifications.

Again, you might need to write some other script to replace all your

:1,$s/0000031/CON/g

with

the sed -e thing.

vino

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding nth occurrence in line and replacing it

Hi, I have several files with data that have to be imported to a database. These files contain records with separator characters. Some records are corrupt (2 separators are missing) and I need to correct them prior to importing them into the db. Example: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: stresing
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with finding & replacing pattern in a file

Hi everyone. Could u be so kind and help me with on "simple" shell script? 1. i need to search a file line by line for a pattern. example of a lines in that file 2947 domain = feD,id = 00 0A 02 48 17 1E 1D 39 DE 00 0E 00,Name Values:snNo = f10 Add AttFlag = 0 2. i need to find... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dusoo
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing script for finding a string and replacing

Hi all i need some help in writing a small script that searches a string and then replaces it by a new string for searching the best result i get is from find comand combined with xargs e.g. find . -name "*.*" |xargs grep -l "search string" this command I use in root directory and this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aditya_IT
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in finding and replacing port numbers.

Hi All, I am trying to write a shell script which firstly will search some files and then increase the port numbers mentioned in them by a certain no. let me clear it with an example- suppose there r few files a,b,c,d.... file a's content- <serverEntries xmi:id="ServerEntry_1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ankushsingh10
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding & Replacing specific Fields

All I have a very large file (aproximately 150,000) as shown below separated by pipe "|". I need to replace data in 2, 16, 17, 23 fields that are of time stamp format. My goal is to look in those fields and it ends with "000000|" then replace it with "000|". In other words, make it as 6 digit... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ddraj2015
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding and replacing links

Hi, I would like to do a scripting for finding the links based on the name I have and replace the links with the new name. General find command lists everything for that links ( means all the sub-sirs and all the files), i need only the main link and replace. Can you anyone give me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrb2009
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a String and Replacing it with an incremental value

Hi Friends, I have a text file which has about 200,000 records in it. we have a string which repeats in each and every record. So we have to write a script in ksh which finds that string on each line and replaces it with a new string(incremental value) for a set every four records. To be... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpv0002
12 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Finding/replacing text and redirection help

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: What command would rename "sequentialInsert", in ~cs252/Assignments/commandsAsst/project/arrayops.h, to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lothwen
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding and replacing whole line using sed

Hi all, assume that i am having the following line in a file called file1. triumph and disaster must be treated same. I want to replace this line with. follow excellence success will chase you. is it possible to do this using sed. if possible kindly post me the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anishkumarv
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a format in a file and replacing it

Hi, I need help in the following: I have a file in directory with mutiple comma seperated values. One of the value is a date and time format like 2012-04-10 xx:yy:zz I need to find that time format in the file and then replace it with xx:yy+1:zz and then save it as a new file and copy it to a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rabh
3 Replies
Bio::SeqIO::excel(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    Bio::SeqIO::excel(3pm)

NAME
Bio::SeqIO::excel - sequence input/output stream from a MSExcel-formatted table SYNOPSIS
#It is probably best not to use this object directly, but #rather go through the SeqIO handler system. Go: $stream = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => $filename, -format => 'excel'); while ( my $seq = $stream->next_seq() ) { # do something with $seq } DESCRIPTION
This class transforms records in a MS Excel workbook file into Bio::Seq objects. It is derived from the table format module and merely defines additional properties and overrides the way to get data from the file and advance to the next record. The module permits specifying which columns hold which type of annotation. The semantics of certain attributes, if present, are pre- defined, e.g., accession number and sequence. Additional attributes may be added to the annotation bundle. See Bio::SeqIO::table for a complete list of parameters and capabilities. You may also specify the worksheet from which to obtain the data, and after finishing one worksheet you may change the name to keep reading from another worksheet (in the same file). This module depends on Spreadsheet::ParseExcel to parse the underlying Excel file. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to one of the Bioperl mailing lists. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via email or the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - Hilmar Lapp Email hlapp at gmx.net APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ new Title : new Usage : $stream = Bio::SeqIO->new(-file => $filename, -format => 'excel') Function: Returns a new seqstream Returns : A Bio::SeqIO stream for a MS Excel format Args : Supports the same named parameters as Bio::SeqIO::table, except -delim, which obviously does not apply to a binary format. In addition, the following parameters are supported. -worksheet the name of the worksheet holding the table; if unspecified the first worksheet will be used worksheet Title : worksheet Usage : $obj->worksheet($newval) Function: Get/set the name of the worksheet holding the table. The worksheet name may also be a numeric index. You may change the value during parsing at any time in order to start reading from a different worksheet (in the same file). Example : Returns : value of worksheet (a scalar) Args : on set, new value (a scalar or undef, optional) close Title : close Usage : Function: Close and/or release the resources used by this parser instance. We override this here in order to free up the worksheet and other related objects. Example : Returns : Args : Internal methods All methods with a leading underscore are not meant to be part of the 'official' API. They are for use by this module only, consider them private unless you are a developer trying to modify this module. _worksheet Title : _worksheet Usage : $obj->_worksheet($newval) Function: Get/set the worksheet object to be used for accessing cells. Example : Returns : value of _worksheet (a Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Worksheet object) Args : on set, new value (a Spreadsheet::ParseExcel::Worksheet object or undef, optional) _next_record Title : _next_record Usage : Function: Navigates the underlying file to the next record. We override this here in order to adapt navigation to data in an Excel worksheet. Example : Returns : TRUE if the navigation was successful and FALSE otherwise. Unsuccessful navigation will usually be treated as an end-of-file condition. Args : _get_row_values Title : _get_row_values Usage : Function: Get the values for the current line (or row) as an array in the order of columns. We override this here in order to adapt access to column values to data contained in an Excel worksheet. Example : Returns : An array of column values for the current row. Args : perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::SeqIO::excel(3pm)