Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking How to Network a PowerMac & a PC Post 777 by Neo on Wednesday 17th of January 2001 09:05:43 PM
Old 01-17-2001
Computers communcate cross-platform because they support a common (standard) network-protocol. In the case of the systems you mention, only TCP/IP is required to interoperate (provided you have them physically connected using standard link-layer protocols Smilie. There are myriad applications that run on top of TCP/IP based on your processing requirements.

[Edited by Neo on 01-17-2001 at 09:07 PM]

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X And The PowerMac G5

When they say that the G5 is the faster (more faster) than any UNIX Workstation that means Dual Processor Workstations right? (Stupid Question, I know) I heard theres one Super Super clusternode in a research and varsity joint in the US that will have over 1200 G5's chips in it? Medical,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RedVenim
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP-UX system & Network Administration II.PDF

Dear all, I plan to take HP-UX cert. EXAM. But, I cannot find hp-ux system & network administration II.pdf file Do you know where can I download?? Do you have? can you send to me? Thank you! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkpcman
2 Replies

3. Linux Benchmarks

PowerMac 4400 YLD 3.0

CPU/Speed: PowerPC 603ev 200Mhz Ram: 92M EDO Ram Motherboard: Apple Bus: 2 PCI Cache: L1 32k and L2 256k Controller: ATA Disk: 2GB ATA Load: 1 user, running httpd, Xwin, various daemons Kernel: Linux 2.4.22-2f Kernel ELF?: ??? pgms: gcc versión 3.2.2 20030217 (Yellow Dog Linux 3.0 3.2.2-2a);... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: clemare
0 Replies

4. IP Networking

How to find out why the network was down?, now the server is up & running

Hi there, solaris server was not reachable. Now the server is up & running I have to investigate the network logs (where i can get these logs)as such network issues are happening frequently. How to find why the netwrok has gone down ?? Thanx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Iqan Zahera
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Network Shell Script & Blade Logic & Network Security

I am going to take up a position in Data & Network Security. I would need to write network shell scripts doing the following task: Going to around 2000 servers and findout which groups has access to each servers and which ids are there in each group that has access. I need to implement... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinnacle
1 Replies

6. UNIX Benchmarks

Early PowerMac G5

Hardware Overview: Model Name: Power Mac G5 Model Identifier: PowerMac7,2 Processor Name: PowerPC 970 (2.2) Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz Number Of CPUs: 2 L2 Cache (per CPU): 512 KB Memory: 1.5 GB Bus Speed: 900 MHz Boot ROM Version:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tnorth
0 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Career in Networking & Network Security

Hii i want to make career in networking and i m new in this field could u plz help me what should i do (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pawan_kumar
2 Replies

8. Hardware

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont know... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
0 Replies

9. Ubuntu

Disk I/O & Network I/O

HI Team, I am working on ubuntu server through ssh, as its in US and i am in India. From last 4/5 days its working very slowly. It doen'st shows any load or more procsses, but works slowly. For that my senior told me to check Disk I/O & Network I/O of that server. Can anybody help me. I dont... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: paragnehete
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

hostapd & wired network ?

hi im using the following network with hostapd on the authenticator : Authentication server <---wired---> Authenticator(hostapd<----wired---> User (win XP with WinRadius) 1.100 -------- 1.200 , 0.13 ----- 0.12 and this is my configurations for hostapd : interface=eth1 driver=wired... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turner
0 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)