Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9 Post 77682 by Arvind Maurya on Tuesday 12th of July 2005 05:31:58 AM
Old 07-12-2005
Migration of binary file from Sunos 5.8 to Sunos 5.9

I have compiled binary file using "cc" on SunOS 5.8 and the same binary file i have copied to SunOS 5.9 and it is giving me core dump error.I want to know whether migration of compiled code from lower version to higer version created this problem. how can i solve this problem.I am pasting the core dump file for reference

------------------------------------------------------------------
A loadobject was found with an unexpected checksum value.
See `help core mismatch' for details, and run `proc -map'
to see what checksum values were expected and found.
dbx: warning: Some symbolic information might be incorrect.
dbx: warning: could not initialize thread debugging library -- generic libthread_db.so error
dbx: warning: thread related commands will not be available
dbx: warning: see `help lwp', `help lwps' and `help where'
t@null (l@1) terminated by signal SEGV (Segmentation Fault)
0xfe7e5f8c: _cancelon : save %sp, -96, %sp
Current function is l32_cleanup
1031 fprintf(global_stats.log_fp, "*************************************** \n");(dbx) where
[1] _cancelon(0x4, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x1, 0x0), at 0xfe7e5f8c
[2] _thr_exit_common(0xfe7f8b84, 0x0, 0xfe5c0590, 0xfe7f8000, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xfe7e1d00
[3] _thr_suspend_allmutators(0xfe5c0590, 0xfe4a0000, 0x0, 0xfe5bc000, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xfe7e2700
[4] extract_format(0x2008, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xfe546c98
[5] _wrtchk(0x31fb8, 0x0, 0x0, 0xfe5bc000, 0xfe5bc000, 0x0), at 0xfe58f154
[6] _doprnt(0x20930, 0xffbff96c, 0x31fb8, 0xfe5bc000, 0x0, 0x0), at 0xfe58501c
[7] vprintf(0x31fb8, 0x20930, 0x0, 0x0, 0xfe546cac, 0xfe5a0054), at 0xfe588614
=>[8] l32_cleanup(), line 1031 in "geserve.c"
[9] main(), line 191 in "geserve.c"

----------------------------------------------------------------------

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SunOS 5.8

I am loging into a SunOS 5.8 box for the first time. I do not see a .profile file in the home directory. Also on the command line when I type a backspace to correct my typing I get a ^H character. Where and how can I fix this? Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jxh461
5 Replies

2. Solaris

SunOS 5.4

Hi, I Hope you can help me with my problem. I need to have an installation CD of this version. Is there any site you can recommend that I can download an image of this OS? Thanks and God Bless!!! (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_balodoy
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Looking for help with SunOS 5.6

Hey all, I've got my hands on 10 SunOS 5.6 SPARCStation 20 machines and I'm looking to get them up and running. They're all in various states of disrepair but I've got them all to a state where the hardware is working and the machine will at least attempt to boot. I've only used Solaris as a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kevpatts
1 Replies

4. Solaris

gdb for SunOS 5.6

I want to install gdb on SunOS 5.6 machine. Where can i download from ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shafi2all
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Any patches for SunOS 5.11?

I need patch against the I_PEEK Local Kernel memory Leak Exploit But i'm unable to find any patches for Solaris 5.11, and smpatch is no longer supported... So, do you have any suggestions how to patch my system? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: static
4 Replies

6. Solaris

New to SunOS...

...and I'm having an issue with memory usage. I got an alert from our sun management console that the box is at 90% memory usage. I need to know what's eating up the memory as this particular box has 16GB of RAM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
3 Replies

7. Solaris

SunOS 5.8 vs 5.10

Hi, I am bulding a path to open files like this \path\values\file.xxx This path is opened in an IE browser window and opens the file/document I am trying to see. I mean it opens a pdf document or it promps you to "save" or "open" the specific file (if it's a .xml, .doc, .html). I was using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hcibl_javok
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SunOS 5.6

Hi, I called Sun and they said they no longer sell SunOS 5.6. I desperately need a CD-ROM of the install CD to perform maintenance work on a server. Does anyone know where to get one or know someone who can make me a copy? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Migration of binaries from SunOS 5.5.1 to 5.11

HI, I have binary files that were generated on SUnOS 5.5.1 some years back. These programs were written in C. I want to run them on SunOS 5.11 (latest version of SunOS). Can I run them directly or will there be any porting challenges? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
1 Replies

10. Solaris

SunOS 5.5.1 usage of Makefile command in make file

I am new to Solaris and compilation using make files. I have a code base which is organized into different folders. At the root folder is a master make file and in the sub directories, there are make files for that particular folder. In the make files present in subdirectories, I am seeing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies
INSTALL_NAME_TOOL(1)					      General Commands Manual					      INSTALL_NAME_TOOL(1)

NAME
install_name_tool - change dynamic shared library install names SYNOPSIS
install_name_tool [-change old new ] ... [-rpath old new ] ... [-add_rpath new ] ... [-delete_rpath new ] ... [-id name] file DESCRIPTION
Install_name_tool changes the dynamic shared library install names and or adds, changes or deletes the rpaths recorded in a Mach-O binary. For this tool to work when the install names or rpaths are larger the binary should be built with the ld(1) -headerpad_max_install_names option. -change old new Changes the dependent shared library install name old to new in the specified Mach-O binary. More than one of these options can be specified. If the Mach-O binary does not contain the old install name in a specified -change option the option is ignored. -id name Changes the shared library identification name of a dynamic shared library to name. If the Mach-O binary is not a dynamic shared library and the -id option is specified it is ignored. -rpath old new Changes the rpath path name old to new in the specified Mach-O binary. More than one of these options can be specified. If the Mach-O binary does not contain the old rpath path name in a specified -rpath it is an error. -add_rpath new Adds the rpath path name new in the specified Mach-O binary. More than one of these options can be specified. If the Mach-O binary already contains the new rpath path name specified in -add_rpath it is an error. -delete_rpath old deletes the rpath path name old in the specified Mach-O binary. More than one of these options can be specified. If the Mach-O binary does not contains the old rpath path name specified in -delete_rpath it is an error. SEE ALSO
ld(1) Apple, Inc. March 4, 2009 INSTALL_NAME_TOOL(1)