Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: San:
Operating Systems AIX San: Post 77492 by h2aix on Saturday 9th of July 2005 04:06:19 AM
Old 07-09-2005
San:

hi
We have 2 AIX nodes running with HACMP and all of them connected to SAN,
Our shared storage is shark; I need to create shared volume group and I need the HACMP take a ware of it.
Regards

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

what is SAN

Hello all, I have looked at the entire posting that have SAN in it and I'm still fuzzy on how SAN works. I understand that every disk array can be access from any server that needs it, but is there software that is install or NFS mount type situation. One post stated that if your format command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: larry
7 Replies

2. Solaris

Thoughts/experiences of SAN attaching V880 to EMC SAN

Hi everyone, I wonder if I can canvas any opinions or thoughts (good or bad) on SAN attaching a SUN V880/490 to an EMC Clarion SAN? At the moment the 880 is using 12 internal FC-AL disks as a db server and seems to be doing a pretty good job. It is not I/O, CPU or Memory constrained and the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: si_linux
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris and SAN

Hi, How can we differentiate a SAN disk with a Solaris local disk? Please respond. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu_solaris
4 Replies

4. AIX

SAN error

Dera all I have error repeating for two day, when I checked the error log by errpt command: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ LABEL: SC_DISK_ERR2 IDENTIFIER: 79B0DF89 Date/Time: Wed Oct 31 02:41:36 SAUS Sequence Number: 9000... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: magasem
1 Replies

5. Linux

Linux on SAN

Hello everyone. I was wondering if there is a way to increase the size on the LUN on a SAN and make the Linux kernel understand the changes without restarting? In the past it has always been rebooted to see the new values but im sure that there is a way now for the lvm to see the Free PE in... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_ark
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting off of a SAN

Hello, I'm posting this in the "Unix for Dummies" forum, since it is more of a theoretical question than an exact problem/fix I'm inquiring about. I have a SunFire T2000 server with 4 internal hard drives, running Solaris 10. (So far so good :) The company just purchased a large EMC SAN. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: FredSmith
5 Replies

7. AIX

New to San Storage

Can anyone recommend a good book on san storage basics and how it communicates with an AIX server? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NycUnxer
1 Replies

8. AIX

IBM SAN TO SAN Mirroring

Has anyone tried SAN to SAN mirroring on IBM DS SAN Storage. DS5020 mentions Enhanced Remote Mirror to multi-LUN applications I wonder if Oracle High availibility can be setup using Remote Mirror option of SAN ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
1 Replies

9. AIX

SAN Migration

Hi all, We are migrating our SAN storage from HSV360 to 3PAR. The system runs aix 6.1 version with HACMP. Please let me know what are requirements from OS side and how are the data copied to the new disks. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ElizabethPJ
10 Replies

10. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Faster way: SAN hd to SAN hd copying

hi! i got a rhel 6.3 host that already have an xfs filesystem mounted from a SAN (let's call it SAN-1) whose size is 9TB. i will be receiving another SAN (let's call it SAN-2) storage of 15TB size. this new addition is physically on another SAN storage. SAN-1 is on a Pillar storage while the new... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rino19ny
6 Replies
lvsplit(1M)															       lvsplit(1M)

NAME
lvsplit - split mirrored LVM logical volume into two logical volumes SYNOPSIS
autobackup] suffix] PhysicalVolumeGroup] lv_path ... Remarks If the logical volume input arguments belong to a combination of volume groups version 1.0 and 2.0 or higher, the arguments might not be processed in the order they are listed on the command line. This command requires the installation of the optional HP MirrorDisk/UX software (not included in the standard HP-UX operating system) before it can be used. DESCRIPTION
The command splits a mirrored logical volume, lv_path, into two logical volumes. A second logical volume is created containing one copy of the data. The original logical volume is appropriately reset to have one fewer mirror copies. If the option is specified, the new logical volume name has the form lv_pathsuffix. If is not specified, suffix defaults to as in If more than one lv_path is specified on the command line, ensures that all logical volumes are brought offline together in one system call, ensuring predictable results among the logical volumes. All logical volumes must belong to the same volume group. The current num- ber of logical volumes in the volume group added to the number of logical volumes specified on the command line must not exceed the maximum number of logical volumes allowed in the volume group. If PhysicalVolumeGroup is specified, the offline logical volumes are created using the mirror copies on the physical volumes contained in the specified physical volume group. When a mirrored logical volume of a non-shared volume group is split into two logical volumes, a bit map is stored that keeps track of all writes to either logical volume in the split pair. If the volume group is shared, this bit map is not created. When the two logical vol- umes are subsequently merged using the bit map, if present, is used to decide which areas of the logical volumes need to be resynchronized (see lvmerge(1M)). This bit map remains in existence until one of the following conditions occurs: o The merge is completed. o One of the logical volumes is extended, reduced, or split again. o The volume group is cross-activated to shared mode (see vgchange(1M)). o The system is rebooted. The new logical volume must be checked with the command before it is mounted (see fsck(1M)). flushes the file system to a consistent state except for pipes and unlinked but open files. To rejoin two split copies of a logical volume, use the command (see lvmerge(1M)). Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: lv_path The block device path name of a logical volume. Multiple logical volumes in the same volume group can be speci- fied. The current number of logical volumes in the volume group added to the number of logical volumes speci- fied on the command line must not exceed the maximum number of logical volumes allowed in the volume group. Set automatic backup for invocation of this command. autobackup can have one of the following values: Automatically back up configuration changes made to the logical volume. This is the default. After this command executes, the command (see vgcfgbackup(1M)) is executed for the volume group to which the logical volume belongs. Do not back up configuration changes this time. The offline logical volumes will be created using the mirror copies on the physical volumes in the specified PhysicalVolumeGroup. Specify the suffix to use to identify the new logical volume. The new logical volume name has the form lv_pathsuffix. If is omitted, suffix defaults to as in Shared Volume Group Considerations For volume group version 1.0 and 2.0, cannot be used if the volume group is activated in shared mode. For volume groups version 2.1 (or higher), can be performed when activated in either shared, exclusive, or standalone mode. Note that the daemon must be running on all the nodes sharing a volume group activated in shared mode. See lvmpud(1M). When is issued, it creates the new logical volume device special files on all the nodes sharing the volume group. The device special files are created with the same name on the nodes sharing the volume group. When a node wants to share the volume group, the user must first execute a if logical volumes were split at the time the volume group was not activated on that node. The logical volumes device special files should have the same name on all the nodes sharing the volume group. LVM shared mode is currently only available in Serviceguard clusters. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Split the mirrored logical volume into two copies. Call the new logical volume Split the mirrored logical volume into two copies. The offline logical volume will be created using the mirror copy on the physical vol- umes contained in the physical volume group Split an online logical volume which is currently mounted on so that a backup can take place: Perform a backup operation, then: Split two logical volumes at the same time: Perform a backup operation on the split logical volumes, then rejoin them: SEE ALSO
lvcreate(1M), lvextend(1M), lvmerge(1M), lvmpud(1M). Requires Optional HP MirrorDisk/UX Software lvsplit(1M)