Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Decompression with Cygwin
Special Forums Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions Decompression with Cygwin Post 77490 by Aco on Saturday 9th of July 2005 03:10:29 AM
Old 07-09-2005
Hmm... can't winrar decompress that? If now then download knoppix and run the live cd. Decompress it there and upload it somewhere. Then get back on your windows box and download it from there? Smilie

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decompression utility

I am looking for an unzip application that can handle Unix .z files, but from a Windows environment AND has a command-line prompt. Anybody know of anything? TIA, H2M3 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: H2M3
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

GNU tar automatic gz detection/decompression

I stumbled on this feature on a SLES10 system yesterday... if you tar tf filename.tar.gz or tar xf filename.tar.gz it automatically gunzips the data for you. Has this feature been around for a while? I have 1.12 on my system, which doesn't, but the 1.20 manual mentions it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Annihilannic
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Compression and decompression in the same script

Hi Guys, I'm just wondering how to compress and decompress a file in the same script using multiple programs, and can it be done in one line? e.g gzip file && gunzip file bzip2 file && bunzip file I tried this and a few other combinations but it doesn't seem to work. Any... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spaulds
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Anyone else use Cygwin?

I started to gather some stats from our windows servers through the use of cygwin and sshd :) is anyone else doing this sort of thing? interested in some other indicators I should be checking for... thanks, manny the following is only an example of the type of data I am able to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mr_manny
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

opening new instance of cygwin from withing cygwin

I'm using cygwin on win7, What I would like to do is something like this: cygstart cygwin tail -f /foo/test.log | perl -pe 's/error/\e I know I can start a new instance using either of these: mintty -e ... cygstart tail ... But neither of those open in ANSI mode, so I can't do... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Validatorian
0 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP and then to Dive Computer

Hello! I'm about to embark on a new project to port the VPM (Variable Permability Model) for decompression diving from some old BASIC code (attached, "VPM.txt") to PHP. Then, I plan to create a plugin for this site where folks can run VPM on the web. Then, I plan to improve VPM based on... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
15 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Port VPM Decompression Algorithm to PHP (Main Loop) - Part 2

Continued from here. Port the main loop C code to PHP. Here is the C code for the main loop: /* =============================================================================== */ /* Begin MAIN proc (see endofpgm for alternate entry) */ /*... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
2 Replies

8. Solaris

ZCAT xxx.Z|tar -xvf - decompression slow ?

I have recently built a new server and patched Soalris 10 up tp latest bundle etc... When I run a decompress using the format zcat fred.Z |tar -xvf - it runs at a very slow rate. A similiar server which is less powerful runs over twice as quick. Is there any work arounds to configure decompress... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: smcart
4 Replies

9. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

VPM decompression algorithm +++for NEO+++

Hi Neo, i have followed your porting of the VPM algorithm to C+. Did you ever finish this exercise? I am playing around with some ARM chips and would love to run the algorithm on them... would you care to share the final results? Thanks for your help. Greetings Carsten (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: carsten
0 Replies
FLUSH(1)						      General Commands Manual							  FLUSH(1)

NAME
Flush - GTK-based BitTorrent client SYNOPSIS
flush [OPTIONS] [TORRENT_FILE]... DESCRIPTION
Flush is a GTK-based BitTorrent client. You can use it to download files from the BitTorrent network. You can control already running instance, for example, by following commands: flush -o --download-rate-limit=100 flush --start=all FEATURES
* Controlling running instance by command line interface, such as: * Starting/stopping torrents. * Changing download/upload rate limit. * Changing maximum connections limit. * Running many instances with different configs from the same user. * Automatic copying finished downloads to specified directory. * Setting custom download path for each file of the torrent. * Ability to choose torrent file's character set encoding. * Automatic torrents loading from specified directory. * Automatic pausing and removing old torrents. * Temporary pausing and resuming torrents. * Overall and current session statistics. * Creating your own torrent files. * IP filter. OPTIONS
--version Show program version and exit. --help Show help options and exit. --config=DIRECTORY Configuration directory path (default: ~/.flush). --download-rate-limit=SPEED Set download rate limit (KB/s). --upload-rate-limit=SPEED Set upload rate limit (KB/s). --max-uploads=NUMBER Set maximum uploads. --max-connections=NUMBER Set maximum connections. --start={all,downloads,uploads} Start torrents. --stop={all,downloads,uploads} Stop torrents. -o, --only-pass Only pass commands to already running Flush instance. Does not start new instance if it is not running yet. FILES
~/.flush Default configuration directory. BUGS
On startup Flush finds already running instances via DBus session bus. Therefore it is necessary to run Flush in a single session bus (usual in X session bus) to prevent running several instances with one configuration path. Please notice that when you are running Flush from console or by cron, when DISPLAY environment variable is not available, Flush finds already running GUI instance without problems via ${config_path}/dbus_session link, which all GUI instances are creating when they have owned DBus name. This makes it possible to control running Flush GUI instances from cron. AUTHOR
Flush was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Dmitry Konishchev <konishchev@gmail.com>. Jun 11, 2009 FLUSH(1)