Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux fedora core 2 selinux problem Post 77470 by RTM on Friday 8th of July 2005 02:54:31 PM
Old 07-08-2005
I have selinux as enforcing and can create files/directories in /home as root. Check your permissions on /home.
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 Jul 8 14:51 /home

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Migrate from RH 8.0 to Fedora Core 2

I have done some research on the Fedora Project and trying to find clear cut answer on how to migrate from current OS - RH 8.0 Pro to Fedora Core 2. Can anybody help me with this and does Fedora Core 2 include OpenOffice and Ximian Evolution like with my RH 8.0 Pro. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark McWilliams
3 Replies

2. Linux

Using Fedora Core 2

I've been using FC2, but my sound card doesn't work I'm new with linux systems.. but there says that needs to recompile kernel how can i do it with a kernel 2.6.5 i386 ? by the way,. my sound card chipset is an ESS 1869F, with a compaq deskpro Smal Form Factor. but i have not found a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Quake
4 Replies

3. Linux

being probed Fedora core 2

Lucky me...someone's trying to hack into my mythtv box through ssh. Can I make a policy or something similar to refuse connections from a specific IP after a certain amount of failed logins? attached is some of the output from /var/log/messages (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dangral
2 Replies

4. Linux

Trying to install Fedora Core 3...

Hiya all, Hope you can help. I keep getting the same Error message when I try to install. I have tried several different Diskettes. And I finally ordered CDs from "FASTDISCs". The install "disc Checks" passed fine on these. The error: "The package usbitils-0.11.6.1 cannot be opened. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: marty 600
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing Fedora Core 4

Hello, I am about to install Fedora on a partition on my hard drive. I got the CD from a magazine and it isnt a LiveCD so the magazine says "fedora core installer isn't a LiveCD, so it will merrily destroy your primary partition when you install on your machine", now I'm guessing the primary... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ArkNia
1 Replies

6. Linux

NFS problem in Fedora Core 4

Hi all, I'm experiencing a problem with Fedora Core 4, by which I don't know how to export a directory exclusively in NFSv3. I have two raid arrays "/dev/md0" and "/dev/md1" both to be visible to SGI machines via NFSv3... My situation is that Fedora runs NFSv4 and that causes problems with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: spaceace13666
0 Replies

7. Linux

fedora core 6 problem

hi all i am currently using fedora core 3 . i downloaded the iso image of fedora core 6 but after installing the fedora core 6 . while starting linux it gives a error saying init is been killed . wht is happened? thank u (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nageshrk
3 Replies

8. Linux

mysql in fedora core 4

hi i dont know much about linux but my boss gave me a job to backup all the mysql database and tables from fedora core4 running as web/database server. i can enter in fedora using remote desktop from my laptop but after that i am unable to do anything. if any one can help me in finding mysql and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: obstinate
3 Replies

9. Linux

BIND problem in Fedora Core

Hi , I am facing a strange with BIND in Fedora Core 6. Here is the config for more info. #cat /etc/named.caching-nameserver.conf options { listen-on port 53 { any; }; directory "/var/named"; // dump-file "/var/named/data/cache_dump.db"; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: narasimhulu
3 Replies

10. Cybersecurity

[SELinux] Problem with Bind 9

Hi, I can not start named service: /etc/init.d/named start Iniciando named: Error in named configuration: zone default.domain/IN: loading from master file /home/admin/conf/dns/default.domain.db failed: permission denied zone default.domain/IN: not loaded due to errors.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anibal
2 Replies
K5LOGIN(5)							   MIT Kerberos 							K5LOGIN(5)

NAME
k5login - Kerberos V5 acl file for host access DESCRIPTION
The .k5login file, which resides in a user's home directory, contains a list of the Kerberos principals. Anyone with valid tickets for a principal in the file is allowed host access with the UID of the user in whose home directory the file resides. One common use is to place a .k5login file in root's home directory, thereby granting system administrators remote root access to the host via Kerberos. EXAMPLES
Suppose the user alice had a .k5login file in her home directory containing the following line: bob@FOOBAR.ORG This would allow bob to use Kerberos network applications, such as ssh(1), to access alice's account, using bob's Kerberos tickets. Let us further suppose that alice is a system administrator. Alice and the other system administrators would have their principals in root's .k5login file on each host: alice@BLEEP.COM joeadmin/root@BLEEP.COM This would allow either system administrator to log in to these hosts using their Kerberos tickets instead of having to type the root pass- word. Note that because bob retains the Kerberos tickets for his own principal, bob@FOOBAR.ORG, he would not have any of the privileges that require alice's tickets, such as root access to any of the site's hosts, or the ability to change alice's password. SEE ALSO
kerberos(1) AUTHOR
MIT COPYRIGHT
1985-2013, MIT 1.11.3 K5LOGIN(5)