Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How can I get some interesting books? Post 77410 by woofie on Friday 8th of July 2005 12:53:32 AM
Old 07-08-2005
The lastest book by Kevin Mitnick is a good read too.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

interesting problem

After a server reboot for regular mainatanance we face the following situation: 1/ user accounts with ksh can't start the korn shell 2/ korn shell scripts do work however, if executed from bash 3/ normal users with bash can't run ksh 4/ root can run ksh 5/ if I switch the default shell to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some interesting questions

Hello All, I have some questions; 1) process1 | process2, A)now if I kill process2 what happens to process1? B) if I kill process1 what happens to process2? 2) Why kill -9 is a strong kill? If possible I would like to know what happens internally. 3) What a pipe actually do, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willhunter
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interesting question :-D

first off, i LOVE unix to death, but i really only like the text/console side of it. im not big into the XFree86/Xwindows side of things.. so with that known... im in search of really old *nix's.. like way outdated, floppy OS's from way back in the day. im kinda in search of the pure'r UNIX's.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here is an interesting idea...

Does anyone know how to test if an ethernet interface is alive, or accepting connections? Here is the scenario - I have rsc and sc console interfaces on some Suns. There are some sporadic vulnerability scans that send them out to lunch when they run the scans. I have to login to the host and reset... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm_admin_dh
0 Replies
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequireNoMatchVarsWithUseUseriContributed Perl DoPerl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequireNoMatchVarsWithUseEnglish(3)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequireNoMatchVarsWithUseEnglish - "use English" must be passed a "-no_match_vars" argument. AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
Due to unfortunate history, if you use the English module but don't pass in a "-no_match_vars" argument, all regular expressions in the entire program, not merely the module in question, suffer a significant performance penalty, even if you only import a subset of the variables. use English; # not ok use English '-no_match_vars'; # ok use English qw< $ERRNO -no_match_vars >; # ok use English qw($OS_ERROR); # not ok In the last example above, while the match variables aren't loaded into your namespace, they are still created in the "English" namespace and you still pay the cost. CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Elliot Shank "<perl@galumph.com>" COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2008-2011 Elliot Shank. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.16.3 2014-06-09 Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::RequireNoMatchVarsWithUseEnglish(3)