Sponsored Content
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? How can I get some interesting books? Post 77410 by woofie on Friday 8th of July 2005 12:53:32 AM
Old 07-08-2005
The lastest book by Kevin Mitnick is a good read too.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

interesting problem

After a server reboot for regular mainatanance we face the following situation: 1/ user accounts with ksh can't start the korn shell 2/ korn shell scripts do work however, if executed from bash 3/ normal users with bash can't run ksh 4/ root can run ksh 5/ if I switch the default shell to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Some interesting questions

Hello All, I have some questions; 1) process1 | process2, A)now if I kill process2 what happens to process1? B) if I kill process1 what happens to process2? 2) Why kill -9 is a strong kill? If possible I would like to know what happens internally. 3) What a pipe actually do, in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: willhunter
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Interesting question :-D

first off, i LOVE unix to death, but i really only like the text/console side of it. im not big into the XFree86/Xwindows side of things.. so with that known... im in search of really old *nix's.. like way outdated, floppy OS's from way back in the day. im kinda in search of the pure'r UNIX's.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 01000101
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Here is an interesting idea...

Does anyone know how to test if an ethernet interface is alive, or accepting connections? Here is the scenario - I have rsc and sc console interfaces on some Suns. There are some sporadic vulnerability scans that send them out to lunch when they run the scans. I have to login to the host and reset... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lm_admin_dh
0 Replies
SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3) 						 1						   SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)

simplexml_import_dom - Get a SimpleXMLElementobject from a DOM node.

SYNOPSIS
SimpleXMLElement simplexml_import_dom (DOMNode $node, [string $class_name = "SimpleXMLElement"]) DESCRIPTION
This function takes a node of a DOM document and makes it into a SimpleXML node. This new object can then be used as a native SimpleXML element. PARAMETERS
o $node - A DOM Element node o $class_name - You may use this optional parameter so that simplexml_import_dom(3) will return an object of the specified class. That class should extend the SimpleXMLElement class. RETURN VALUES
Returns a SimpleXMLElement or FALSE on failure. Warning This function may return Boolean FALSE, but may also return a non-Boolean value which evaluates to FALSE. Please read the section on Booleans for more information. Use the === operator for testing the return value of this function. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Importing DOM <?php $dom = new DOMDocument; $dom->loadXML('<books><book><title>blah</title></book></books>'); if (!$dom) { echo 'Error while parsing the document'; exit; } $s = simplexml_import_dom($dom); echo $s->book[0]->title; ?> The above example will output: blah SEE ALSO
dom_import_simplexml(3), "Basic SimpleXML usage". PHP Documentation Group SIMPLEXML_IMPORT_DOM(3)