Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script? Post 77384 by yongho on Thursday 7th of July 2005 03:59:09 PM
Old 07-07-2005
here-doc convert 2 script convert to single script?

I have my main script calling another script to retrive a "ls -alt" of a directory that's located in a remote location I'm sftping into.

main.sh
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
getLS.sh > output.txt

getLS.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<!
cd /some/dir/Log
ls -alt
quit
!

Basically I'd like to be able to combine the second script into the first and not have to call a second script.

Would this work?
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/home<..>/sftp <host@ip> <<!
cd /some/dir/Log
ls -alt
quit
!
> output.txt

If it does work, why does it work?
I've always been using the stdout redirect like this:
command > output..

I didn't know you could do
command1
command2
command3
> output..

Last edited by yongho; 07-07-2005 at 05:05 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a paragraph to single line

I need to check the count of pipes on each line of the data to make sure we 4 pipes if its less i need to keep adding the string to form a single line ( Need to join/ concat the below lines until i get the 4 pipes which is end of record ). This fields is basicall a memo where the user would have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rimss
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert unix .ksh script to windows .batch script

I am using awk in my .ksh script but when I am trying to run in windows its not recognising awk part of the ksh script , even when I changed it to gawk it does not work, this is how my .ksh and .bat files look like. thanx. #!/bin/ksh egrep -v "Rpt 038|PM$|Parameters:|Begin |Date: |End... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 2.5lt V8
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert PERL script to SHELL script

Hi all experts, I am new to Unix. Could you please help me to convert the following PERL script to SHELL? I will appreciate. #!/bin/sh use strict; use warnings; my $robot_num = 0; my %rob_tapes; foreach (`/usr/openv/volmgr/bin/vmquery -l -rn $robot_num`) { $rob_tapes{(split)} = 1; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ma466
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert XLS to CSV and DOC/RTF to TXT

Hi, i don't know anything about PERL. Can anyone help me providing PERL scripts for 1. converting XLS to CSV (and vice-versa) 2. converting DOC/RTF to TXT Thanks much Prvn (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to convert multilines to single lines

Hi, I need to create an script which reads multi lines and convert it to single line or enter escape sequence at end "\". e.g. #!/bin/sh echo -e "provide me query to run" read query create table test( id int(11), name char); echo $query But it's failing because of multi line... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirfan
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert columns to single row

Hello all I have data like 1 2 3 4 5 I wish my output would be like 1,2,3,4,5 For this i have executed 'BEGIN {FS="\n"; ORS=","} {print $0}' test and got the output as 1,2,3,4,5, I do not want to have , at the end of 5. output should be like (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasuarjula
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to convert a shell script to a php script for displaying next word after pattern match

I have a shell script which I made with the help of this forum #!/bin/sh RuleNum=$1 cat bw_rules | sed 's/^.*-x //' | awk -v var=$RuleNum '$1==var {for(i=1;i<=NF;i++) {if($i=="-bwout") print $(i+3),$(i+1)}}' Basically I have a pages after pages of bandwidth rules and the script gives... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb245
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to shell script

bash$ mdb-schema x.mdb | perl -wpe 's%^DROP TABLE %DROP TABLE IF EXISTS %i; s%(Memo/Hyperlink|DateTime( \(Short\))?)%TEXT%i; s%(Boolean|Byte|Byte|Numeric|Replication ID|(\w+ )?Integer)%INTEGER%i; s%(BINARY|OLE|Unknown (+)?)%BLOB%i; s%\s*\(\d+\)\s*(,?*)$%${1}%;' | sqlite3 x.db ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jackpapa
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Kindly help me out to convert this script to shell script.

set +v echo "Program Name :" $0 # echo "Next param :" $1 echo "Next param :" "Username/Password" echo "User Id :" $2 echo "User Name :" $3 echo "Request ID :" $4 echo "Original File Name ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh1985
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to convert IP range csv into a list of single IP's

Hi All, I am looking for some help to convert a csv with IP ranges in.. in the format e.g. 1.1.1.2, 1.1.1.5 2.1.1.10, 2.1.1.20 and would be looking to output as follows: 1.1.1.2 1.1.1.3 1.1.1.4 1.1.1.5 2.1.1.10 2.1.1.11 etc etc up to 2.1.1.20 I have tried a few google... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zippyzip
4 Replies
Locale::Script(3pm)					 Perl Programmers Reference Guide				       Locale::Script(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Script - standard codes for script identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Script; $script = code2script('phnx'); # 'Phoenician' $code = script2code('Phoenician'); # 'Phnx' $code = script2code('Phoenician', LOCALE_CODE_NUMERIC); # 115 @codes = all_script_codes(); @scripts = all_script_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Script" module provides access to standards codes used for identifying scripts, such as those defined in ISO 15924. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 15924 four-letter codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying scripts. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $script = code2script('phnx','alpha'); $script = code2script('phnx',LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha, LOCALE_SCRIPT_ALPHA This is a set of four-letter (capitalized) codes from ISO 15924 such as 'Phnx' for Phoenician. It also includes additions to this set included in the IANA language registry. The Zxxx, Zyyy, and Zzzz codes are not used. This is the default code set. num, LOCALE_SCRIPT_NUMERIC This is a set of three-digit numeric codes from ISO 15924 such as 115 for Phoenician. ROUTINES
code2script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) script2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) script_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_script_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_script_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Script::rename_script ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Script::delete_script_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Script::rename_script_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::add_script_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Script::delete_script_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.unicode.org/iso15924/ Home page for ISO 15924. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 1997-2001 Canon Research Centre Europe (CRE). Copyright (c) 2001-2010 Neil Bowers Copyright (c) 2010-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Script(3pm)